X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by celee View Post
    Hi, Abby Normal. You wouldn't be a Mel Brooks fan by any chance? I think the police knew who the ripper was, but they could not agree on a suspect. In my opinion the ripper was either John Druitt, George Chapman, Aaron Kosminski, or Francis Tumblety. Those men were suspects at the time. I know Kosminski is getting all the love right now from the media, but I have always felt that something happened to the killer shortly after the Kelly murder. The idea that Kosminski walked the streets for years after the Kelly murder without getting into any trouble befor he was locked away feels strange to me. I know some feel that Hutchinson's description is to detailed, and do not believe him, but why would he lie, and if he was going to lie, why invent such an outrageous character? It has been my experience that police detectives are very smart, and given a chance to solve a case they usually do. The four men I mention are the preferred suspect at the time of the killings.

Hi Harry, I apologize for coming back to this old thread, but I have not posted in a while, and I feel the events during the Kelly murder, and shortly after are the key to making sense of this mystery.
    hi c
    yes-you got it from Young Frankensteen! lol I think all four of those police suspects are viable but favor in order out of those-chapman, koz, druitt, T.

I also think that kelly is the key to the mystery as she seems to have been killed by someone she knows. witnesses describe her being with four men that night-Barnett, blotchy, hutch and Aman. throw in Bowyer as well for good measure. I think theres a good chance her killer is among these men.

However, probably not Aman as IMHO he was fictional made up by hutch. Why would hutch lie? fifteen minutes of fame if he wasn't her killer. to deflect police if he was. The thought that he was lurking around, and engaged in stalking behavior with Kelly just gives me the willies. I know not very scientific but there you have it. and he wouldn't be the first killer to fool police.

Now that all that being said in general, In my top teir of favored suspects I have: hutch, blotchy, bury, chapman, Koz and Kelly
    second tier: Barnett, Lechmere, druitt, Richardson, bowyer, Dr T, Oswald puckridge, legrange,
    third tier: everyone else
    no tier (aka crackpot): royal conspiracy, maybrick, van gogh, police conspiracy, club conspiracy, sickert etc

Leave a comment:

• John G
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Hi celee
    if hutch was being truthful then yes Astracan man was most surely the ripper. however, I think he was probably fictional.
    Hi Abby,

Considering the other thread, do you think it plausible that Astrachan man could feasibly have been Druitt? I'm not saying I think Druitt was JtR, I don't. However, it seems to me that he's one of the few major suspects who could conceivably been AM.

Leave a comment:

• celee
    replied
    Hi, Abby Normal. You wouldn't be a Mel Brooks fan by any chance? I think the police knew who the ripper was, but they could not agree on a suspect. In my opinion the ripper was either John Druitt, George Chapman, Aaron Kosminski, or Francis Tumblety. Those men were suspects at the time. I know Kosminski is getting all the love right now from the media, but I have always felt that something happened to the killer shortly after the Kelly murder. The idea that Kosminski walked the streets for years after the Kelly murder without getting into any trouble befor he was locked away feels strange to me. I know some feel that Hutchinson's description is to detailed, and do not believe him, but why would he lie, and if he was going to lie, why invent such an outrageous character? It has been my experience that police detectives are very smart, and given a chance to solve a case they usually do. The four men I mention are the preferred suspect at the time of the killings.

Hi Harry, I apologize for coming back to this old thread, but I have not posted in a while, and I feel the events during the Kelly murder, and shortly after are the key to making sense of this mystery.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    George Hutchinson may be the most significant witness. Mary Kelly was the last ripper victim. If Hutchinson is to be believed he may have seen the ripper. So, his discription of the man he saw with Mary is very important. Something happened after the Kelly murder to make the ripper stop killing. Did Hutchinson's description bring unwanted police attention to him, causing him to leave the area?
    Hi celee
    if hutch was being truthful then yes Astracan man was most surely the ripper. however, I think he was probably fictional.

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    George Hutchinson may be the most significant witness. Mary Kelly was the last ripper victim. If Hutchinson is to be believed he may have seen the ripper. So, his discription of the man he saw with Mary is very important. Something happened after the Kelly murder to make the ripper stop killing. Did Hutchinson's description bring unwanted police attention to him, causing him to leave the area?
    Did you have to necro a thread that's over 10 years old?

Leave a comment:

• celee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Celesta
    replied
    Originally posted by DVV View Post
    I think Hutch saw Mary with Packer.

Amitiés,
    David
    That's it, David, you've solved it.

Leave a comment:

• Roy Corduroy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
    But this is a Labour party type of poll.

You should have included a real choice such as "Unknown" and "Fictional character" to be meaningful.
    Hi Bob,

Labour party? Over here the gals call that a baby shower.
    Mr. Unknown has won all the polls on the site. Giving some of the others a chance. Now fictional character, that's a different egg, and may require another vote.

Roy

Leave a comment:

• FrankO
    replied
    Well, as you'll expect, they aren't my favoured options, Gareth, but I don't know where they are left. (Unjustly) swept under the carpet perhaps?...

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    I think Hutch saw Mary with Packer.

Amitiés,
    David

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Frank van Oploo View Post
    Quite so, Bob. Then I would have voted 'Unknown (local)' or preferably 'Local nondescript'.
    ... where does that leave "he saw nobody", or - my favoured option - "he wasn't even there"?

Leave a comment:

• FrankO
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
    You should have included a real choice such as "Unknown" and "Fictional character" to be meaningful.
    Quite so, Bob. Then I would have voted 'Unknown (local)' or preferably 'Local nondescript'.

Frank

Leave a comment:

• Jane Welland
    replied
    That's funny!

Originally posted by BillyE View Post
    You forgot to add Lord Randolph Churchill. Just kidding!
    I'd have voted for him!

Leave a comment:

• BillyE
    replied
    You forgot to add Lord Randolph Churchill. Just kidding!

Leave a comment:

• Ben
    replied
    A man of detail, and 'If he said he saw that, he saw it',
    He also said that he acquired those skills on the job in the plumbing trade, but the "witness" from 1888 was a "groom by trade, now working as a labourer". I'm afraid that character reference is worthless for that reason, and others.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X