Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darryl Kenyon
    replied
    As far as I am aware I thought there was just Maurice Lewis and an unnamed woman in The Times, who perhaps was Caroline Maxwell who thought they saw MJK early morning? Certainly, there was only Caroline at the inquest who left herself open to being cross-examined. An important point in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    But Maxwell was not alone in her claim.

Leave a comment:

• Darryl Kenyon
    started a topic Caroline Maxwell Alibi ?

Caroline Maxwell Alibi ?

This is just a theory but I am wondering if Caroline Maxwell was covering up for her husband in some way. She says in her statement that she had been helping her husband all night. Is it too much of a stretch of the imagination to suggest he was, or she was paid a shilling say, by John Mcarthy to keep an eye out on the court, [one possible explanation is he could have been worried about Mary doing a moonlight flit with the money she owed knowing he would be asking for it next day]. We know that he worked at Crossingham's across the road that night as the deputy lodging keeper. We also know that Sarah Lewis saw someone standing outside the lodging house looking up the court. Could this have been Henry keeping an eye out whilst he had a chance? And in her statement it says, crossed out, talking to a female, could this have been Caroline with Henry? If he failed in his duty to keep an eye out on the court as such and didn't want the wrath of Mcarthy, maybe they rented the property off him where they lived? Perhaps Caroline felt obliged to give Henry, or herself some form of Alibi by inventing the later sighting?
    Last edited by Darryl Kenyon; 06-12-2018, 11:47 AM.
Working...
X