X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry D
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Harry, there was no specific geographical overlap, as the two series took place at opposite ends of a massively populous city. (Pinchin Street being the sole exception in terms of the torso murders, but even there we see differences compared to the other torso victims.)
    Pinchin St was Ripper territory, hence there was geographical overlap. So, not only in the same city but in the same corner of the East End. It would be rare enough to have two series of murders in the same country, let alone the same square mile.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by FrankO View Post
    I know, Gareth, and I know it can't have escaped the attention of whoever murdered her. But what do you want to say by this, other than what you already said in your earlier post (I honestly don't see it ) ?
    That if there hadn't been a "bump" there, the uterus might well have been left intact. Or, in other words, the removal of the uterus was effected largely as a by-product of wanting to remove the child, not as a "hysterectomy" in its own right, which was what happened in the majority of the Ripper murders.
    Last edited by Sam Flynn; 07-31-2018, 05:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    There are obviously inconsistencies when trying to identify a pattern of behaviour that reconciles the Torso & Ripper series. However, we must bear in mind that we’re dealing with incomplete data. We shouldn’t blithely ignore the fact that two series of gruesome murders occurred in the same city, with geographical and contemporaneous overlap, which both involved mutilation and organ removal. Why would the Torso serialist suddenly blitz five victims in twelve weeks? I don’t know. As both series were never solved, there’s no way I can definitively answer that. I can only conjecture that there may have been a trigger that drove the killer onto the streets of Whitechapel at that time.
    Exactly harry
    I beleive there was a trigger... his chop shop and or cart wasnt available. Theres also the chance that he wanted to up the thrill factor. Or perhaps the trigger was he was trying to convince a victim to his chop shop, she wouldnt go so he took the next best thing.

Leave a comment:

• RockySullivan
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Therefore I’ll push it further, with no proof of this of course, there could have been ‘medical’ reasons for all the Torso killings. A madman with some kind of medical training who performed abortions (of which Jackson was a failed Example) he might even have been delusional enough to believe that he was doing some kind of valuable research. He then, because he might be linked to some of his victims, had to destroy their identities by dismemberment

For me, a pretty reasonable scenario which ‘explains’ all. Why can’t this be true apart from the fact of course that some don’t want it to be?
    So the two serial killers operating in victorian London in 1888 both know how to remove a uterus?

Leave a comment:

• FrankO
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Indeed, Frank, but the victim in question was carrying a baby.
    I know, Gareth, and I know it can't have escaped the attention of whoever murdered her. But what do you want to say by this, other than what you already said in your earlier post (I honestly don't see it ) ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X