No announcement yet.

Prater's stairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i right in thinking that the internal size would be (using GUT's 9x16) about 8foot 8 inches by 15 foot 4 inches?

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
      am i right in thinking that the internal size would be (using GUT's 9x16) about 8foot 8 inches by 15 foot 4 inches?
      Depends on the constuction. you would loose between 6" and a foot.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Any one got any thoughts, ideas, feedback, suggestions on the layout so far please?

JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
        JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
        ---------------------------------------------------
        JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
          Any one got any thoughts, ideas, feedback, suggestions on the layout so far please?
          Barring the absence of some 3D rats, it's like being there. Keep up the good work, Richard!
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Do you think the stair configuration & the 1st floor doors to 19 / store /26 are on the right track?

The stairs that go up to the 2nd floor will probably change.

Thanks for feedback

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            Barring the absence of some 3D rats, it's like being there. Keep up the good work, Richard!

Comment

Here's a short video for those who cannot or don't want to view the webplayer:

YouTube Video

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Value your opinions.

Comment

Here's a short video for those who cannot or don't want to view the webplayer:

YouTube Video

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Value your opinions.
                Nicely done. This makes it very easy to visualize.

Comment

Do you think the stair configuration & the 1st floor doors to 19 / store /26 are on the right track?
                  Indeed I do, Richard. As a work-in-progress, this is progressing well!
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                    Thanks Pierre. So it's the roof material and shape? That makes sense, for an insurance map.
                    Do you have a paper copy yourself, or are you measuring from the screen? My iPad won't let me zoom in until it's 12cm across the road.

And what does your measuring method make the length of the passage into Miller's Court?
                    Hi Joshua,

The lenght of the passage was 8,19 meters.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Or about 9' x 16'
                      No. That makes the room to small, only 13,34 square meters.

It was 15,42 square meters.

The measures of the walls were 2,85 and 5,39 meters.

Regards Pierre

Comment

[QUOTE=richardh;363356]Here's my plan so far:
                        I didn't jot down the dimensions - just count the squares QUOTE]

Hi Richardh,

I donīt understand this plan.

Could you please tell me why there are walls in this plan that are not corresponding to the walls in Goadīs fire insurance plan?

Regards Pierre

Comment

That makes Mary's room 9'4" x 17'8" (less the thickness of the walls). Which makes it almost twice as long as it is wide.

The passage into the court was measured at 26' 4", and I make 8.19m 26'10", so almost spot on.

Comment

one of the interesting things here is that all the measurements on the maps are in imperial, richardh is working in the same.
                            just one question why is Pierre converting into metric?

the various plans certainly make the difference between width and length look less than those figures.

For now I will stick with Richard, and wait to see what he says. his work is very impressive and obviously takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              Depends on the constuction. you would loose between 6" and a foot.
                              Thanks GUT,

so if anything i am making it a bit too big

Elamarna

Comment

Hi All,

this is meant to be about the stairs going up to Prater's room.

I do hope we are not going to be taken off into yet another discussion on the size of 13.

The work done here is absolutely wonderful, please everyone don't ruin this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X