No announcement yet.

Mary Jane Kelly found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely not, Pat? It seems to be saying she was married in October 1876 aged 22.

Comment

• The funeral

Apologies it was rather late when I read the following.....
      Mary Weston Davies married a Mr John Evans (Maple and Co London) this is about her death...

The Cambrian News and Merionethshire Standard
      16th October 1908
      ABERANGELL Obituary.The death took place after a short illness, of Mrs Mary Weston Evans wife of Mr John Evans of Brondesbury' Sister of Mr Edward Davies, Brynderwen, Aberangell, on Monday, October 5th, at Ryde Isle of White, and her remains were interred on Friday, October 9th 1908, at the West Hampstead Cemetery, London. The Rev T J Loughurst of Abbey-road English' Baptist Cnurch, officiated at the funeral and a number of English and Welsh friends and relations from London and Wales assembled in the cemetery.
      She was taken the midst of her years and leaves behind her to mourn her loss her husband (Mr E?)kert Evans and Mr Alfred Evans (sons), and Miss Dilys Evans (only daughter). Other mourners were Mrs Hughes, Fwilheh (sister), Mrs D L Price Rhos (sister), Mr Edward Davies Brvn- derwen Aberangell (brother), Mr John Davies, Gloucester (brother), and Mr Wm. Evans, Bangor. As was evidenced on the occasion of the funeral, the deep-felt sympathy of many goes out to the bereaved family in the hour of their great sorrow The deceased lady was well known to many in the neighbourhood of Aberangell

Your right it cant be the older Edward as he died in 1870s...
      Pat......

Comment

• Hughes Marriage from FreeBMD

Marriages Mar 1876
        Coakley Mary Liverpool 8b 340
        Davies Matilda Anne Liverpool 8b 340 X
        Hughes Griffith Liverpool 8b 340 X
        McLEOD Finlay Liverpool 8b 340

I think this could be them ?
        Pat...............

Comment

• 1881 census

I was wondering if this was the census entry that Mr Weston Davies thought might be Elizabeth in 1881census in Upper Street Islington ?
          I found that part of the town she was born in was actually under Montgomeryshire till a late date.
          The reason I ask as I remember there was an Annie Davies (prostitute) in the whitechapel infirmary in around 1883/4 (I will try and look it up) Only thing is I cant remember how old she said she was, but she said she was born local...

Pat......
          Attached Files

Comment

• Dr Davies thought the most likely person to be his great
            aunt on the 1881 census was an Elizabeth Davies, age 20,
            lady's maid, born in North Wales, who lived at 62 Park Street,
            St George's Hanover Square. Park Street runs parallel to Park
            Lane, where the Vane-Tempests lived in Londonderry House,
            19 Park Lane.

By 1881, Anne Davies, Elizabeth's mother, had remarried.
            Her name was Anne Evans, wife of David Evans, draper and
            grocer, living in Mallwyd. They were still living there in 1891.

(Thanks, Robert!)

Comment

• Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
              Hi,
              Lets be perfectly honest, none of us know, who Mary Kelly was, or her killer. regardless of ''Case closed'' or D.NA. possibilities.
              Sorry for the negativity, but I have been around a long time..
              Richard.
              Amen to that, sir.
              “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

• Mary Jane Kelly Found

It was an interesting read but not convinced that Craig killed them all just to get at Mary

Comment

• I agree with Andrea, why go to the trouble of killing the others to get to MJK?
                  He had no reason to kill the others really, and of course what would be the point of putting himself in a position to get caught for murdering the others before getting to his intended victim?

I feel that the murderer targeted these women specifically, I base that loosely on the possibility that the killer knew each of his victims. So that being said I don't really believe Craig had anything to do with the murders. If he did gain their confidence to get info about MJK's whereabouts, why go to the trouble of killing them after? No I'm not convinced he was the killer.

Also would someone not remember a man asking about Kelly?
                  Last edited by Natasha; 09-10-2015, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natasha View Post

Also would someone not remember a man asking about Kelly?
                    Perhaps that's why he had to kill them.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I can't see it as all that unusual for clients to ask around if anyone has seen Mary Kelly - she appears to have been more desirable than many of her class. It's not like Craig was likely to introduce himself to all those other women, they wouldn't have a clue who was asking - just another client?

It's a common flaw with these theories and one that has been well over used.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• I can't see it as all that unusual for clients to ask around if anyone has seen Mary Kelly - she appears to have been more desirable than many of her class. It's not like Craig was likely to introduce himself to all those other women, they wouldn't have a clue who was asking - just another client?
                        Not only that, who's to say Nichols and Chapman didn't agree to be 'Mary Kelly' for a few minutes to get their doss money if that's what the client wanted.... Stride and Eddowes are a different matter... No evidence of them resorting to prostitution.Just being poor and living in that area doesn't automatically mean they're prostitutes
                        Would this explain Kelly's fear of someone but no one in particular? Had word got to her that someone had been asking about her? All possible
                        Last edited by packers stem; 09-11-2015, 08:30 AM.
                        You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• I don't think MJK's fear was anything more than the fear the other women of that neighborhood felt at the time.

I don't think that any of the women were specifically targeted. I believe they were all victims of opportunity. The timing on Catherine Eddowes would have had to be spectacularly perfect for someone to have targeted her ahead of time. The only reason MJK was so thoroughly destroyed is that she was the only one with a private room to take her john to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Penhalion View Post
                            I don't think MJK's fear was anything more than the fear the other women of that neighborhood felt at the time.

I don't think that any of the women were specifically targeted. I believe they were all victims of opportunity. The timing on Catherine Eddowes would have had to be spectacularly perfect for someone to have targeted her ahead of time. The only reason MJK was so thoroughly destroyed is that she was the only one with a private room to take her john to.
                            I believe that that they were targeted because they were known to the killer. Less complications for the killer, easy to gain confidence etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                              Not only that, who's to say Nichols and Chapman didn't agree to be 'Mary Kelly' for a few minutes to get their doss money if that's what the client wanted.... Stride and Eddowes are a different matter... No evidence of them resorting to prostitution.Just being poor and living in that area doesn't automatically mean they're prostitutes
                              Would this explain Kelly's fear of someone but no one in particular? Had word got to her that someone had been asking about her? All possible
                              Packers Stem,

Actually there is no evidence Mary was prostituting herself either. She was a former prostitute, she most likely was resorting to it again, just no proof.

Cheers
                              DRoy

Comment

• Originally posted by DRoy View Post
                                Packers Stem,

Actually there is no evidence Mary was prostituting herself either. She was a former prostitute, she most likely was resorting to it again, just no proof.

Cheers
                                DRoy
                                Hi DRoy
                                I agree totally,my point was about someone asking about her whereabouts
                                Last edited by packers stem; 09-11-2015, 12:05 PM.
                                You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Working...
                                X