• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c.d.
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    Schwartz was full of BS, man.
    I don't think he was full of BS but he did come into the middle of a movie that had no subtitles and left before it was over. I don' think he was lying but I do think we should take his story with a grain of salt given the circumstances.

c.d.

Leave a comment:

• c.d.
    replied
    Originally posted by Batman View Post
    Schwartz claimed to be there at the time Stride was murdered (and was obviously there and murdered). Are you suggesting he was or wasn't there?

Also, how do you explain that Swanson basically said Pipeman wasn't considered a suspect?
    Sorry Batman but Schwartz said nothing about seeing Stride murdered. He only saw a woman pushed to the ground. She was alive when he left the scene.

c.d.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Marriott
    replied
    Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
    Maybe it is just me but I can't understand why more people just don't think what the police thought in 1888 and that is Jack was interrupted killing Liz. It needn't have been Diemschultz who he heard arriving, any noise from the club might have made him think he was in danger. Liz was murdered in Whitechapel, a prostitute probably looking for clients that night. Killed in the early hours of the morning swiftly and silently [No I don't believe BS was Jack], in a darkened corner by a knife being drawn across her throat. Yes, there are subtle differences but show me a serial killer who murders each victim exactly verbatim. As for Kate if you take into account he might have had a bolt hole near Mitre-square, taking into account the finding of the rag and all that, which he may have used for a few minutes to clean himself up a little and calm himself down after Liz, and then again after Kate [said bolthole]. Also is it just possible that he killed Liz a little too close to home [maybe Jack was a member of the IWEC]? Maybe he realized this and he wanted to draw the police away by hoping to find another victim further away but at the same time near somewhere, he felt comfortable [again bolthole]. Also heading northwards and dropping the apron in Goulston st he may have tried putting the police off his scent a little bit more than he had [conjecture I know] if he did have connections to Berner St.
    So many aspects of the Stride murder which make it different from all the others, and suggest she was killed by a different hand.

Leave a comment:

• Darryl Kenyon
    replied
    Maybe it is just me but I can't understand why more people just don't think what the police thought in 1888 and that is Jack was interrupted killing Liz. It needn't have been Diemschultz who he heard arriving, any noise from the club might have made him think he was in danger. Liz was murdered in Whitechapel, a prostitute probably looking for clients that night. Killed in the early hours of the morning swiftly and silently [No I don't believe BS was Jack], in a darkened corner by a knife being drawn across her throat. Yes, there are subtle differences but show me a serial killer who murders each victim exactly verbatim. As for Kate if you take into account he might have had a bolt hole near Mitre-square, taking into account the finding of the rag and all that, which he may have used for a few minutes to clean himself up a little and calm himself down after Liz, and then again after Kate [said bolthole]. Also is it just possible that he killed Liz a little too close to home [maybe Jack was a member of the IWEC]? Maybe he realized this and he wanted to draw the police away by hoping to find another victim further away but at the same time near somewhere, he felt comfortable [again bolthole]. Also heading northwards and dropping the apron in Goulston st he may have tried putting the police off his scent a little bit more than he had [conjecture I know] if he did have connections to Berner St.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Hi Sam
    I think your missing the big picture.
    Quite the opposite, Abby. I believe that I'm looking at the big picture. A picture which includes, among other things, the fact that - with the sole exception of Stride - all the other murders usually attributed to the Ripper happened north of an axis delineated by Whitechapel Road.
    As violent as WC was, murder was still rare.
    Not, apparently, in the years encompassing all the Whitechapel Murders.
    and we have a suspect peaked cap man, seen by several witnesses with Stride and eddowes and also en route between Dutfield yard and Mitre Square with the anon Church st sighting, I think its fairly reasonable that the ripper was wearing a peaked cap that night and murdered both Stride and Eddowes.
    Peaked caps were a common type of headgear among the working classes, so I don't read too much significance into that - at least, not so much that I'd hang my hat on it. Pardon pun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X