X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lynn cates
    replied
    which knife?

Hello Viper. Do you refer to the knife that killed Stride or Coram's knife?

The best.
    LC

Leave a comment:

• sleekviper
    replied
    Is that knife on display?

Leave a comment:

• lynn cates
    replied
    food for thought

Hello Mike. There is much food for thought in your post.

Oh, if only we had a list of club members and if one turned out to be Kosminski!

Alas.

The best.
    LC

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Kat, Lynn,...

I dont think we can dismiss entirely that Liz did carry some sort of knife Lynn, Kate had a table knife on her when she ws found and we hear stories of other women carrying easy to access weapons on them during the "Autumn of Terror".

I dont see why a rounded tip blade wouldnt work on Liz either myself, just like the one that was later found by Thomas Coram(?). I wonder how much credence they were giving at that point to the idea that both women were murdered by the same man and as such probably would have been killed with the same knife. Because Kates murder could not have practically been done with a knife with a rounded tip.

We do also have in the case of Liz, an open side door to the Club with a kitchen and all sorts of knives inside. Mrs Diemshutz is said to have been in the lower dining room when Mr D runs in, so she may not have been keeping an eye on who leaves through the kitchen, or who may have popped into it. We do know Eagle likely goes right through it or by it at around 20 to 1.

One thing that might make the kitchen thing viable is that he couldnt very well place it back into the sink or the drawer and not have it be found on the premises, so if the killer did use say a bread knife he took from the kitchen, he would have taken it with him and later discarded it.

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• lynn cates
    replied
    getting the point

Hello Kat. I should think it unlikely that Liz carried a knife.

But the other suggestion seems just a given. The knife that killed Liz was short and rounded--not long and thin. If you have the A-Z you may wish to have a go at the article on Liz.

I hope this tiny snippet is useful.

The best.
    LC

Leave a comment:

• KatBradshaw
    started a topic The Knife

The Knife

I am interested to know what people think about the idea of Stride being killed with
    a) her own knife
    b) a different knife to the type that cut the other victims.
    To me this is a key issue so I am keen for feedback.
    Many thanks
    Kate
Working...
X