Mitre Sq., arranged meeting scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    Would that be impossible for her to learn Trevor? Either by observing those coming in, possibly hearing the rain or being told it's raining out by one of the PCs checking on her?
    [Coroner] "How often did you visit the prisoners? - About every half-hour. At first the deceased remained asleep; but at a quarter to twelve she was awake, I went to her again at half-past twelve, and she then asked when she would be able to get out"

So she was asleep apart from the last 60 mins or so

No mention of a weather report, or her asking the officer about the weather
    She would have been kept in a female cell which as likely as not would have had a sealed door so if that be the case she would not have been able to communicate with any other prisoners.

Comment

What about other female prisoners brought in?
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

What about other female prisoners brought in?
        Were there any ? to suggest there were is pure supposition on your part

There were in total 6 cells at Bishopsgate. Women were kept apart from the men, and only doubled up if there were to many prisoners and not enough cells

Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 10-05-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
          Sergeant James Byfield, of the City Police: I remember the deceased being brought to the Bishopsgate Station at a quarter to nine o'clock on the night of Saturday, Sept. 29.

[Coroner] In what condition was she? - Very drunk. She was brought in supported by two constables and placed in a cell, where she remained until one o'clock the next morning, when she had got sober.

And nothing is as sinister as you make it out to be ! Some people sober up very quickly and there is no evidence that she was stone cold sober on her release.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
          Trevor
          In Aldgate she was picked up off the ground and fell back down
          She needed the support of two constables to make it to Bishopsgate at 8.45 and yet three hours later singing
          If you've ever been that drunk , and yes on a couple of New year's eve's I have 😀 , you'll know you aren't sober four hours later .
          The woman was faking it or drugged
          And as she was the first victim ( as far as i'm aware only one )who's stomach contents were sent for a narcotics test , then that does have some support

Further in regards to the rain
          No mention of a weather report ???
          It's what people do in our country constantly , talk about the weather .
          I'm not someone who believes that every single word uttered inside a police station gets written down
          You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Hi Packers,

Was Eddowes the woman arrested in Aldgate?

Regards,

Simon
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              Were there any ? to suggest there were is pure supposition on your part

There were in total 6 cells at Bishopsgate. Women were kept apart from the men, and only doubled up if there were to many prisoners and not enough cells

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
              Sure it is supposition. However, I am asking if it is impossible? To which you mentioned more barriers but not that it is impossible. So I think even you accept it could be possible that she learned somehow that it was raining outside. We don't know either way.
              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                Hi Packers,

Was Eddowes the woman arrested in Aldgate?

Regards,

Simon
                Hi Simon

Interesting
                We do have Kelly being 75 minutes premature with his advising Wilkinson that Kate was spending the night with the boys in blue which throws in a rather large spanner ...

Nick

Comment

Hi Packers,

There's as many spanners in the Ripper mystery as there are nuts.

Regards,

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                    There's as many spanners in the Ripper mystery as there are nuts.
                    Oh, bravo, Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
                      I suppose if you do look at the circumstances, it really does seem odd that Kate just decides on a complete "Whim" to turn left and walk towards Mitre Square, when the quickest way home was turning to the right.
                      Heading for London Bridge, on her way to Bermondsey, to her daughters?
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Sure it is supposition. However, I am asking if it is impossible? To which you mentioned more barriers but not that it is impossible. So I think even you accept it could be possible that she learned somehow that it was raining outside. We don't know either way.
                        Pc Smith from the Stride inquest (Times 6 Oct);

When did it last rain before 1 o'clock? -To the best of my recollection, it rained very little after 11 o'clock.

Comment

But if as is being suggested she had a pre arranged meeting and wanted to get out would it matter to her if it was raining or not?

If she had wanted to stay in custody overnight she simply could have played still being drunk.

Researches should stop inventing sinister scenarios out a non sinister chain of events.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            Heading for London Bridge, on her way to Bermondsey, to her daughters?
                            Quite possible, Jon.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

From the Eddowes inquest, Kate's daughter Annie's evidence;

"Did your mother ever apply to you for money? - Yes.
                              [Coroner] When did you last see her? - Two years and one month ago.
                              [Coroner] Where did you live when you last saw her? - In King-street, Bermondsey.
                              [Coroner] Have you any brothers or sisters by Conway? - Two brothers.
                              [Coroner] Where are they living? - In London.
                              [Coroner] Did your mother know where to find either of you? - No.
                              [Coroner] Were your addresses purposely kept from her? - Yes.
                              [Coroner] To prevent her applying for money."

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                                Pc Smith from the Stride inquest (Times 6 Oct);

When did it last rain before 1 o'clock? -To the best of my recollection, it rained very little after 11 o'clock.
                                Yet it was raining on Lawende until 1.30

Comment

Working...
                                X