Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Ends...

Hi all

I wanted to ask some of you more learned folk in the case of Chapman; regarding a man called James Spilsby, who was named in the newspaper as having been apprehended for having stabbed at least 4 or 5 women.
    At the time of the Chapman murder, there was already a warrant issued for his arrest for his previous knife attacks.

The press names him as a person of interest in the case but then seems to detract from their initial stance. Do we know why this was and whether James Spilsby was ever cleared of any involvement?

Also, the press printed a story of 2 men who claimed to have identified Chapman as "Ellen Clarke." The 2 men identified her because they had been drinking with her the night before.
    Who were these 2 men? Was their identification of Chapman as Ellen Clarke, a case of mistaken identity?

There is also a story printed that states that after being taken to the mortuary, Chapman was identified as a woman called "Emily Annie Shifney"

I am aware that Chapman had the nickname "Siffey" due to her having a previous association with a Sieve maker, so I assume 'Shifney' is a misspelling derived from 'Siffy?'

Finally, there is also a mention of some writing that was found on the wall near Chapman's body; the phrase "FIVE: 15 more and then I give myself up."

I was not aware that any writing was alleged to have been found on the wall near Chapman's body. Is this a false story and/or was it ever proven to have been false?

Just a few loose ends in the Chapman case that I find intriguing.

RD
    "Great minds, don't think alike"
Working...
X