Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ONLY suspect that had killed "Unfortunates".

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    In the interests of fairness, John, if Bury wasn't the "world's first copycat killer" then Alice McKenzie's murderer most certainly was, no?
    I think that raises a very salient point Harry, since so many of the members here and I imagine many Ripper students everywhere else seem to believe that "copycat" killings, or mimic killings are not present within these Unsolved Murders, one need only review Alices murder case and it seems probable that there were people emulating prior acts. At least one anyway.

    I believe that the Unsolved killings most closely related by wounds and circumstantial evidence are Pollys, Annies and Alices.
    Michael Richards

    Comment


    • #17
      Jane Beadmore`s murder on 23rd Sept 1888 was the first Ripper copycat murder.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
        I have to disagree with you Wickerman. I would call Ellen Bury's murder a Ripper style murder. Admittedly Ellen wasn't mutilated to the extent of Mary Jane Kelly.
        She wasn't mutilated to anywhere approaching the extent of any of the Ripper's evisceration victims. A 4½ inch abdominal cut barely registers as a scratch in comparison to Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes and Kelly. And, whilst it's true that an intestine had bulged out of the wound, it would have been surprising if something hadn't popped out, given that her body had been crammed into such a small space.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

        "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          She wasn't mutilated to anywhere approaching the extent of any of the Ripper's evisceration victims. A 4½ inch abdominal cut barely registers as a scratch in comparison to Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes and Kelly. And, whilst it's true that an intestine had bulged out of the wound, it would have been surprising if something hadn't popped out, given that her body had been crammed into such a small space.
          On the the topic of intestines retracting outwards I have attached a crime scene photo of a female murder victim who it can be see had her throat cut, and was also stabbed in the abdomen but not to the extent of the Ripper victims. This wound as shown caused the intestines to recoil outwards. It could almost be a mirror image of Catherine Eddowes.

          The point I make is that the intestines of Chapman and Eddowes were described as being placed by design, which I have to question the validity of those observations.

          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            On the the topic of intestines retracting outwards I have attached a crime scene photo of a female murder victim who it can be see had her throat cut, and was also stabbed in the abdomen but not to the extent of the Ripper victims. This wound as shown caused the intestines to recoil outwards. It could almost be a mirror image of Catherine Eddowes.

            The point I make is that the intestines of Chapman and Eddowes were described as being placed by design, which I have to question the validity of those observations.

            www.trevormarriott.co.uk
            I believe that Annies and Kates were "placed" over their respective shoulders, which makes the act seem utilitarian and only for unfettered access.
            Michael Richards

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Harry D View Post

              In the interests of fairness, John, if Bury wasn't the "world's first copycat killer" then Alice McKenzie's murderer most certainly was, no?
              That would make Bury the Ripper.

              Comment


              • #22
                "In 2018, two well-regarded Scottish legal figures, Mark Stewart, a Queen’s Counsel, and Len Murray, a former solicitor for the Supreme Courts of Scotland, both indicated that there is now enough evidence to convict William Bury of the Jack the Ripper murders (“Beyond Doubt,” Dundee Courier, Sep. 22, 2018). While no one can be certain of the outcome of any fair trial, the fact that we now seem to be in a position to convict one of the suspects in the case is obviously a momentous development for the field of Ripperology.​"



                The Baron

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by The Baron View Post
                  "In 2018, two well-regarded Scottish legal figures, Mark Stewart, a Queen’s Counsel, and Len Murray, a former solicitor for the Supreme Courts of Scotland, both indicated that there is now enough evidence to convict William Bury of the Jack the Ripper murders (“Beyond Doubt,” Dundee Courier, Sep. 22, 2018). While no one can be certain of the outcome of any fair trial, the fact that we now seem to be in a position to convict one of the suspects in the case is obviously a momentous development for the field of Ripperology.​"



                  The Baron
                  Below is a link to the article that I think that came from. The article refers to a mock trial of Bury that was to occur a few days later, but I haven't been able to find the outcome of that mock trial.

                  Ahead of an event in Kirriemuir, former Dundee-raised investigative journalist Michael Mulford tells Michael Alexander why he believes he now has firm

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    He doesn't look rippery enough to me, and he had a beard



                    The Baron

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X