X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUT
    replied
    G'day Pinkmoon

Was he drinking so much in 1990 or thereabouts or did that increase drastically after they separated, as often happens.

Has anyone ever checked with Outhwaite & Litherland about selling anything to Mike?

You can not imagine how much I wanted to believe the diary when it first came out. think I was one of the first here to buy the book.

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    I used to read look in in the 70s however it wasn't a patch on the beano.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    Hi gut,the people he names in affidavits are real the events not I think he had a tiny article published in a magazine called "look in " in the 1970s.
    Blimey, Look-In! That takes me back!

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    I thought you might have some idea.

Do you know

1. If any of his and Anne's articles were accepted for publication.

2. Did he ever have anything else published.

Thanks for the feedback.

I should have stated that I have real reservations about his confession but the affidavits are interesting because of the detail he goes into.
    Hi gut,the people he names in affidavits are real the events not I think he had a tiny article published in a magazine called "look in " in the 1970s.Both the barretts have had their handwriting checked they did not write diary.What you have to remember is that Mr Barrett was pretty skint prior to diary appearing would someone with a drink problem waste his precious drink money on a old diary.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    G'day Pinkmoon

I thought you might have some idea.

Do you know

1. If any of his and Anne's articles were accepted for publication.

2. Did he ever have anything else published.

Thanks for the feedback.

I should have stated that I have real reservations about his confession but the affidavits are interesting because of the detail he goes into.

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    I note that in his affidavit of January 5 1995, Mike describes himself as being an author.

Can anyone tell me if he has ever had anything published. I freely admit that I really don't know a lot about Mike.

I must say that this affidavit presents some interesting possibilities for research.
    Hi gut,Mr Barrett used to send articles to magazines in the 1970s apparently his wife "tidied them up for him" before they were sent.The affidavit cannot be taken seriously because of Mr Barrett s state of mind and chronic alcoholism.He claimed he forged the diary to upset the Apple cart for Mr Feldman and his associates in my honest opinion Mr Barrett did not come into the possession of the diary by fair means .Having met Mr Barrett quite a few times over the years i soon came to the conclusion he is no forger just a simple sole who just got out of his depth.One last thing I've seen his famous Amstrad word processor that he claims he wrote the diary on he was unable to even turn it on.
    Last edited by pinkmoon; 03-27-2014, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    started a topic Michael Barrett an Author?

Michael Barrett an Author?

I note that in his affidavit of January 5 1995, Mike describes himself as being an author.

Can anyone tell me if he has ever had anything published. I freely admit that I really don't know a lot about Mike.

I must say that this affidavit presents some interesting possibilities for research.
    Last edited by GUT; 03-27-2014, 03:48 PM.
Working...
X