No announcement yet.

Michael Barrett an Author?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then we fundamentally differ in out interpretation of Mr Barrett, whom I have not met (but I believe you have).

To me, in the doco, Barrett came across as a person perfectly capable of assisting with a minor forgery and/or masterminding a crude, minor forgery that would stumble at the first hurdle (a credible provenance) pass the second (the age of the paper and ink) and fail at the third (Maybrick's handwriting).

I would need to see a formal report by the pertinent constabulary about this checking of Mike and his then spouse's handwriting; who exactly cleared them of fraud. As in which handwriting expert cleared them, and on what basis?

Comment

G'day Jonathan

I can't find that documentary by Michael Winner do you happen to know either where it is to be found or what the title was so I can do a more thorough search?
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The Diary of Jack the Ripper

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q='the+diary+of+jack+the+Ripper'+youtubeR&q pvt=%27the+diary+of+jack+the+Ripper%27+youtubeR&FO RM=VDRE&adlt=strict#view=detail&mid=41DF56FC1CB80A 74515B41DF56FC1CB80A74515B

Comment

G'day Jonathan

Thanks for the link.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
            Then we fundamentally differ in out interpretation of Mr Barrett, whom I have not met (but I believe you have).

To me, in the doco, Barrett came across as a person perfectly capable of assisting with a minor forgery and/or masterminding a crude, minor forgery that would stumble at the first hurdle (a credible provenance) pass the second (the age of the paper and ink) and fail at the third (Maybrick's handwriting).

I would need to see a formal report by the pertinent constabulary about this checking of Mike and his then spouse's handwriting; who exactly cleared them of fraud. As in which handwriting expert cleared them, and on what basis?

I've not looked for a long time but I believe theres samples of mikes handwriting in the 'final chapter', its clearly nothing like the diaries and it was at the point Mike was taking claim to being the author, if memory serves it also includes annes and her fathers, again, nothing similar.

IF feldman used fraudulent samples he took a massive risk, one that could have landed him in very hot water.

I'm with pm on this, can't see mike being behind the diaries creation. I know caz is 100% sure of that as well, good enough for me

Comment

I am asking if there are handwriting assessments by handwriting experts (albeit they can diametrically disagree about the same samples) who made a formal comparison between the Barretts' hand-writing -- taking into account it being disguised -- and the 'Diary'?

I am asking if there is a source that we can access that shows that the watch appeared before the 'Diary'? (I will even settle for how a person claims the watch predates the 'book'? What or who is the source for that claim?)

If the answer is: we are not sure, we don't know, we don't recall--then fair enough. I won't ask again.

Comment

"(albeit they can diametrically disagree about the same samples)"

So, which ones would you 'choose' to agree on?

"If the answer is: we are not sure, we don't know, we don't recall--then fair enough. I won't ask again."

Great detective work that, if you don't get the answers you are looking for from one thread shout from the rooftops, "FAKE!!!"

Comment

I take it Hannah koren wouldn't get the from you?

Comment

We need to remember that Mr Barrett said that he authored the diary and Anne wrote it, [at least that's what he said in his affidavit]. Purely from memory he said that this was because his was too distinctive.

So a sample of his handwriting gets us nowhere.
                    G U T

Comment

I never used the word 'fake'. I was asking for information which must be somewhere on the public record.

So that's a 'no' and a Get Phucked.

And it took less than an hour ...

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        We need to remember that Mr Barrett said that he authored the diary and Anne wrote it, [at least that's what he said in his affidavit]. Purely from memory he said that this was because his was too distinctive.

So a sample of his handwriting gets us nowhere.
                        Hi gut,very hard to take anything Mr Barrett says seriously he has told me a lot of obviously tall stories the man is a fruitloop.
                        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I never used the word 'fake'. I was asking for information which must be somewhere on the public record.

So that's a 'no' and a Get Phucked.

And it took less than an hour ...

I just think its ironic how you consider barrett capable of "masterminding" this whole thing.

And yet you consider Feldmans 'proof' of handwriting comparisons, suspicious.....

Ok

Yea, get phucked with that logic

Comment

... And Feldman's 'proof' of handwriting comparisons is what, and by whom?

Comment

... And Feldman's 'proof' of handwriting comparisons is what, and by whom?

Do some detective work yourself jonny, find his little book and get back to us with your work

Comment

Ok, so you don't know the answers to some basic questions about the 'Diary'.

You can be as rude as you like about it, but that's the answer to my question--you know phuck all.

In that case don't ever write on this topic again you shameless, despicable fraud.

Now is there anybody else in the 'Diary' camp who can answer these basic questions? What handwriting tests were done, and who by--specifically. What is the source for the watch appearing before the 'book'?

Comment

Working...
                                X