X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer
    replied
    Originally posted by peg&pie View Post
    Aunty so and so. Piffle. Used by both my family and my partner's to refer to a close female relative or friend. Even more common in the older generations when people looked after each other unconditionally.

Much less of a problem than the handwriting or breast placement.

And no, I'm not a diary supporter. Just a supporter of good sense and provable facts.
    Hi peg&pie, let's not forget about the two farthing at the Chapman murder scene. What's your opinion with regard to that?

Leave a comment:

• Iconoclast
    replied
    Originally posted by Observer View Post

It's nothing like it, and if you can detect the resemblance, then it's pure coincidence
    I was waiting for it and you didn't let me down!

Just as Florence's initials on Kelly's wall have made it onto every published version of the infamous photograph since 1888 but the diary detractors either can't see them or simply say they're not there, I knew that the response from you (or one like you) would be along the lines of "It's not a match"!

Oh you indulge me, Sir!

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

we are all fortunate that Lord Orsam still has an interest in ripperology.
    The true definition of a Ripperologist!

Orsam is a one-off researcher!

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    Please discuss and debate WITHOUT engaging in personal attacks.

Thank you.

JM
    Sorry Mr Menges that last one went out before I saw your post

Leave a comment:

• peg&pie
    replied
    Aunty so and so. Piffle. Used by both my family and my partner's to refer to a close female relative or friend. Even more common in the older generations when people looked after each other unconditionally.

Much less of a problem than the handwriting or breast placement.

And no, I'm not a diary supporter. Just a supporter of good sense and provable facts.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

As I say, cut out the Billy Bollocks and answer the question.

Assuming you can, of course ...
    Speaking of bollocks, why did the author of the Diary refer to there being two farthings at the Chapman murder scene? Assuming you can of course.

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Please discuss and debate WITHOUT engaging in personal attacks.

Thank you.

JM

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Let's cut out the Billy Bollocks, Observer.

In your (frequently all-too ill-thought-out) opinion, how did the signature in the watch get to be such a good analogue for Maybrick's true signature on his marriage certificate?

Answer this one, and we can start to really engage in the realities of the watch.
    It's nothing like it, and if you can detect the resemblance, then it's pure coincidence
    Last edited by Observer; 08-01-2020, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied

Warning: A poster is attempting to use questionable personal opinions to make an argument!
    You started it by insisting that Maybrick was JTR

Leave a comment:

• Iconoclast
    replied

Yeah right, you're full to the brim with Nurse Yappy's liquid cudgel, any more administered for the DT's would finish you off
    As I say, cut out the Billy Bollocks and answer the question.

Assuming you can, of course ...

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied

Shame really - I was looking forward to a long break from all of this.

Ike
    Still Here by the Looks of It
    Yeah right, you're full to the brim with Nurse Yappy's liquid cudgel, any more administered for the DT's would finish you off

Leave a comment:

• Iconoclast
    replied
    Let's cut out the Billy Bollocks, Observer.

In your (frequently all-too ill-thought-out) opinion, how did the signature in the watch get to be such a good analogue for Maybrick's true signature on his marriage certificate?

Answer this one, and we can start to really engage in the realities of the watch.

Leave a comment:

• erobitha
    replied

Then Stewart was telling lies and did not attempt our polish out the engravings
    No. Because you have twisted Turgoose’s words. He never claimed it WAS faked in this manner, he merely pondered how it could be done using a multi stage layering processes and numerous equipment with expert knowledge if the aim was to fake ageing. It was possible with expert knowledge and numerous equipment. He never claimed it WAS done this way. Just a theory.

So logically why would an expert go to such trouble when the watch has remained in the family?

Maybe the watch was just polished as the jewelller described and has actually is nothing to do with the theory of Turgoose. Just handier if you can link them I guess.

Again no expert has supported this old etching tool nonsense that supposedly could provide the aged brass particle in the base of the etches with no trace of other particles down the sides of the etches - just the base.

Then there is Maybrick’s signature. The loop on the K is pretty darn close to the one on his marriage register. A forger pre internet with expert watch engraving knowledge with expensive equipment seeks out a copy of the marriage license to just let the Johnsons keep the watch?

Still, let that none of that stand in the way of the narrative you wish to portray.

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    What a shame he didn’t just present it as an interesting anomaly, with possibly significant implications. He would have got a thumbs up from me for that.

Leave a comment:

• Iconoclast
    replied

Really, it's like beating yer bonce against the wall. It's pointless. A potential buyer wouldn't give a hoot if the inside back cover of a gold watch they were purchasing had a few "hardly visible" scratch marks in evidence. It doesn't detract from the watches aesthetic appearance
    Warning: A poster is attempting to use questionable personal opinions to make an argument!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X