One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Oh, I see, itís the ĎHeís a wind-up merchantí argument again. Missed now, now Iíve spotted it.
    Nice dodge! I think Maybrick, had he had the pleasure of taking refreshment with you down the Poste House, would've playfully christened you, the Jammy Dodger. He was witty like that.

Comment

• What's this, a tumbleweed blowing forlornly through Maybrick Town? Where is everyone? Taking refreshment down at the local Poste Office while they wait for stamps?

As good a time as any to poste (oops, forgive that misspelling, seems I've gotten to used to adding a ye olde "e" onto things) this witty poem about your main man, it's been posted before, but I rather fancy it.

{The Fabled James Maybrick}

The good Sir Jim,
      he wasn't dim,
      he invented expressions,
      such as "one-off," he did.

He had two types of hand,
      with which he would fool all the land.
      A walking enigma, that you'd never understand.

"Tin match-box empty", he may well have listed.
      He even drank in the 'Poste House' before it ever existed!

He was the Torso Man, and Saucy Jack,
      he knew his way around London in the bitter pitch-black.

The good Sir Jim,
      Jack of all trades,
      arsenic, strychnine and a butcher's blade.

A diary he wrote,
      to explain all his deeds,
      satisfying the questions and quelling the needs.

So a salute to Sir Jim,
      please raise a toast,
      to the fabled James Maybrick,
      and his blotchy-faced ghost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
        What's this, a tumbleweed blowing forlornly through Maybrick Town? Where is everyone?
        I - for one - fully plan to re-engage the sword in defence of the Maybrick journal, but am currently tied-up re-reading the source material before unleashing upon you all final confirmation (to all bar the most determined) that James Maybrick was Jack the Ripper. It will be a bodice-ripping yarn, a web of lies and deceit where no-one is to be trusted and this time it's personal. Et cetera.

First, I have to plough through Christie's 'Etched in Arsenic', having just finished Ryan's 'The Poisoned Life of Mrs Maybrick' (for the second time, grrrrr), before diving into Morland's 'This Friendless Lady'. All to argue one element of the journal. Ouch!

I remain your loyal servant and such efforts are the least you should expect from the world's foremost Maybrickian.

Amen to all that your graces.

Sir Ike of Middle England Insight
        Iconoclast Extraordinaire (Will Travel)
        Ambassador of Truth
        Last edited by Iconoclast; 12-22-2018, 11:14 AM.
        Iconoclast
        Soldier of Fortune, Man of Peace, Destroyer of Images, Nice Guy

Comment

• Scrooge is alive and well

Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
          t will be a bodice-ripping yarn, a web of lies and deceit where no-one is to be trusted and this time it's personal. Et cetera.

I remain your loyal servant and such efforts are the least you should expect from the world's foremost Maybrickian.

Amen to all that your graces.

Ambassador of Truth
          You left a title out

"Prince of cheese"

Pass the sick bucket !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

I - for one - fully plan to re-engage the sword in defence of the Maybrick journal, but am currently tied-up re-reading the source material before unleashing upon you all final confirmation (to all bar the most determined) that James Maybrick was Jack the Ripper. It will be a bodice-ripping yarn, a web of lies and deceit where no-one is to be trusted and this time it's personal. Et cetera.

Ambassador of Truth
            It's getting oh-so close now, Peeps. We may be as little as a week or so away from the spark that will undoubtedly reignite the fire in this long debate.

He's coming home
            He's coming home
            He's coming
            Maybrick's coming home ...

Ike
            Man of Letters
            Three in fact
            Iconoclast
            Soldier of Fortune, Man of Peace, Destroyer of Images, Nice Guy

Comment

• Hello Ike,

I would be interested in your response to this post from another thread. Could you comment? Thanks.

Patricia Cornwell said in her video that she hired a top Forensics Document Examiner to sharpen the photo of Kelly on her bed using computer processing. After examining the wall next to the bed Cornwell said she saw a very distinctive caricature of Sickert's face. She does not mention seeing the famous F.M. initials of diary fame. She might have addressed the initials somewhere else but here she does not. Seems to be a selective case of pareidolia.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
              X