25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
    Are you actually typing those words with a straight face?

Do you know how anything works in reality?

It is a likely fake, as evidenced by the many glaring errors.

What you need to do, as a believer, is prove that it is real, that's literally how it works.

Stop embarrassing yourself, you're surely not that dim.

Glaring errors? the ones that are being explained away?

Are you reading/digesting whats being said to you? or are you too closed minded/pigheaded?

CUT out the disrespect for other people view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaz View Post
      What, so you can trash their opinions?

Robert Smith for starters.
      A) Robert Smith isn't an expert and as ..you know... the guy who stands to profit the most, his opinions are irrelevant. I seriously can't believe you just put out as an expert the guy with the most to gain as an unbiased source.

B)And once again those claiming experts supporting their conclusions can't actually put up the goods. I find it amusing considering how often on this thread,you have asked others to put up their case and their evidence and yet when I asked the same you just get snippy and can't do it. Don't claim experts support your opinion when you can't pull up a single one that does.
      Last edited by Ally; 09-14-2017, 06:28 AM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Some people are easily wrapped up in dialect, but to assume James Maybrick was the same, to the point where he'd be using Americanisms in writing, is a reach, but hey, what's one more reach in an entire saga of reaching?

Its toooo far fetched for you?

What? ONE (1) word?

wow...its true, you're a NAYSAYER of the highest order. Get your mates to virtual pat you on the back..

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
          I think certain people need to be gently reminded that the burden of proof does not lie with doubters. We all have our reasoning and our arguments, and we all (hopefully) want the truth, but the burden of proof does not lie with the skeptic. This isn't like a courtroom trial where the Diary is innocent until proven guilty, not at all.
          Too true, Henry. But it's very apparent that some posters have no idea about how the burdon of proof works, that much is very clear. Sometimes I wonder if I'm conversing with fully-functioning adults or kids with too much sugar in their systems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
            A) Robert Smith isn't an expert and as ..you know... the guy who stands to profit the most, his opinions are irrelevant. I seriously can't believe you just put out as an expert the guy with the most to gain as an unbiased source.

Didn't take you long...

Comment

Too true, Henry. But it's very apparent that some posters have no idea about how the burdon of proof works, that much is very clear. Sometimes I wonder if I'm conversing with fully-functioning adults or kids with too much sugar in their systems.

Have you ever been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome ?

Genuine question.

Comment

• Originally posted by StevenOwl View Post
                I'm not suggesting it was sudden; I'm merely pointing out that JM could have developed certain Americanisms over the 6 year period when his time was divided equally between the UK and US. I personally think it's far more of a stretch to say that he wouldn't have used any Americanisms at all.
                The problem isn't merely the Americanisms, though. If it were, it'd be permissible.

The problem is that you not only have weird Americanisms from a bloke from Aigburth, Liverpool, but you also have phrases that were not in use, names for pubs that weren't in existence, no matching handwriting, exact wording seen in books from a century later...and so on.

When you add it all up, if you're still willing to give it a pass, then it's likely you're not prepared for it ever being a fake. It's a useless debate at that point.

Comment

Lets all just stop posting on the forum...full stop..
                  Okay, you first: GO!

Comment

Didn't take you long...

Lol..and you are still avoiding the question. I did not trash Robert Smith I pointed out the truth: he is not an unbiased source. Are you actually claiming Smith has no skin in this game and nothing to profit from it and that he's an unbiased source?

See this is the problem with the entrenched, they can't even handle a statement of pure fact without seeing it as a horrible attack should it contradict their beliefs.

Still waiting for the experts.... I'll keep asking.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I've always been interested in Maybrick, and when the Ripper stuff came about, I was in awe of the possibility. I think it's the same for others, they're romantically persuaded by the story and the drama of it all.

That being said, whenever I brought it up with anyone, people just smiled. I've yet to meet one person in the outside world who believes that the diary was genuinely written by Maybrick, or that Maybrick was a killer, never mind possibly the most notorious killer in history.

If people are actually weighing up the probabilities and looking at the whole facts, I cannot possibly see why anyone would think it was the real-deal, or why they'd assume it was an old hoax.

Logic dictates that the provenance is fraught with inconsistencies, the entire story is riddled with confused lies, the diary itself is questionable in that it contains red flags re: handwriting, out-of-dates phrases and pub names, etc.

Anyone looking at it with an open mind would find it hard to keep making a pass for these red flags.

Once the provenance is sketchy, and the lies start rolling in, the already dubious should become even more dubious.

Yet time and again, people seem willing to ignore these inconsistencies and make allowances for them.

Round and round we go. Plain and simple, some people just prefer to believe in the story, and why not? It's a decent bit of fiction that has it all, romance, drama, murder, affairs, poetry, the whole works.

It's the same with Roswell, people love the idea that it was aliens, crash-landing.

Bigfoot, hey, it's not a bloke in a suit, it's a giant ape-man that evaded detection.

Nessie, it's not a melting pot of misidentification and fabrication, it really is a holdover from a prehistoric peridod.

People love the fiction and discard the fact, because they don't find reality interesting enough.
                      totally agree with everything except Roswell. My father was a scientist and worked their briefly in the 70s. It was top secret stuff and they asked him to reverse engineer some material to try and find out what its componants were and what its use was for. he wouldn't talk about it much but on his death bed because he knew Iwas so interested in it and always pestered him about it, he told me it was exotic stuff, not found naturally on Earth nor did he know of anyone, country, company etc. that was known to make it. He wasn't told directly but it was definitely tied to the incident in 47. He wouldn't come right out and say it was from UFO though, but I guess that's how scientists are, very conservative. He was a skeptical dude to begin with also. LOL!

But something was definitely going on there. My personal belif is that an alien craft, a drone of some sort may have crashed. I doubt they had alien bodies though.

Comment

Glaring errors? the ones that are being explained away?

Are you reading/digesting whats being said to you? or are you too closed minded/pigheaded?

CUT out the disrespect for other people view.
                        How ironic, lol.

Kaz, unless you're having an acid flashback, I'm not sure where anyone has explained anything regarding the errors. In fact, you told me to "buy the book" to find out. So what on earth are you babbling about?

Go ahead and explain those errors or give me literally any reason why we should believe the diary to be genuine. I asked you the same question before and you avoided it, blatantly, and you will do so again, blatantly. Why're you even here?

Comment

Its toooo far fetched for you?

What? ONE (1) word?

wow...its true, you're a NAYSAYER of the highest order. Get your mates to virtual pat you on the back..
                          I truly wonder if you're even a sane individual who lives alone without outside support, Kaz.

Comment

Genuine question.
                            That's rich, coming from a grown adult who doesn't understand how the burdon of proof works, lol. Kaz, I'm probably half your age and I'm doing just fine. You, on the other hand, are bit of a lemon.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                              The diarist also misspells the word "rendezvous", as "rondaveau". Would an educated man like James Maybrick make such a basic error? No, but Michael Barrett might well have done!
                              And Anne Barrett spelled it 'rhondeveau' when asked for a sample of her handwriting at various speeds. See P. 177, The Inside Story.

Graham
                              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Genuine question.
                                your not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you Kaz?

Genuine question.

Comment

Working...
                                X