X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by ohrocky View Post

I'm just catching up so apologies if this has already been covered.

I can't help but feel you are not comparing two similar scenarios here. The person peeking into your daughter's empty house had not committed a crime. Certainly, if he was wearing gloves and carrying a screwdriver and a crowbar he would have been arrested for "going equipped" under the Theft Act 1968. But you don't suggest that he was so he had not committed any crime whatsoever. (I have been known to peek inside a property I know is empty out of sheer curiosity).

So no crime had been committed and so the person in your daughter's property scenario really did have absolutely nothing to fear. I can't reconcile his behaviour with that of a man who has committed a cold blooded murder a mere few minutes before. If C/L committed the murder his life was at stake if he stood his ground and tried to talk his way out of it.

I would suggest that you need to find examples of murderers who have killed just minutes previously who have stood with their freshly killed victim until a passer-by arrived and then they both go off together to find a policeman. Then we would be comparing apples with apples. I can't find such a case but that doesn't mean there has never been one of course.
    if I may.

your scenario is too specific. your trying to compare two apples that are EXACTly alike. aint happening. all you need to do is find examples of criminals who didnt immediately flee, and tried to ruse witnesses/police when there were clearly other options. Ive had a personal similar situation happen to me, Dahmer has a famous example and even the ripper case has a suspect that also did just that-Bury. Bury walked right into the police to try to ruse his crime away. Lech(if guilty) did the same thing.

and besides all Gary was doing was giving a personal example of someone who when caught doing something wrong may try to bluff it out, instead of just legging it or something else.

and BTW I find your "legal" hand waving away that what the creep did in Garys story wasnt doing anything illegal or wrong totally bizarre. whats up with that?
    tresspassing, stalking, peeping tom? all illegal, or at the very least wrong.

Last edited by Abby Normal; 05-19-2022, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ohrocky
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

The point of my anecdote was simply to refute the suggestion that a person caught in the commission of a crime (or almost so in my daughter’s case) will invariably immediately leg it. Not so. Some will try to engage/flannel or attack their finder. That’s it. End of.

Your weird feelings are just that - weird - certainly if you are including me as one of those Lechmere accusers who can’t see the difference between the dark wooded place and a spot on Lechmere’s work route. :-)

I'm just catching up so apologies if this has already been covered.

I can't help but feel you are not comparing two similar scenarios here. The person peeking into your daughter's empty house had not committed a crime. Certainly, if he was wearing gloves and carrying a screwdriver and a crowbar he would have been arrested for "going equipped" under the Theft Act 1968. But you don't suggest that he was so he had not committed any crime whatsoever. (I have been known to peek inside a property I know is empty out of sheer curiosity).

So no crime had been committed and so the person in your daughter's property scenario really did have absolutely nothing to fear. I can't reconcile his behaviour with that of a man who has committed a cold blooded murder a mere few minutes before. If C/L committed the murder his life was at stake if he stood his ground and tried to talk his way out of it.

I would suggest that you need to find examples of murderers who have killed just minutes previously who have stood with their freshly killed victim until a passer-by arrived and then they both go off together to find a policeman. Then we would be comparing apples with apples. I can't find such a case but that doesn't mean there has never been one of course.

Leave a comment:

• Great Aunt
    replied
    Come back, Fisherman. We miss you.

Leave a comment:

• JeffHamm
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

Sorry, Jeff, I’m not sure I understand your point. It’s probably me being dense.
    No worries. I'm not even sure if it's supposed to make sense.

- Jeff

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

The other half wouldn't wear leather aprons because there might be someone somewhere who might only recognize them if they wore such a garment and they possibly might want to hide their identity from those people so they would wear a cloth apron instead.

- Jeff
    Sorry, Jeff, I’m not sure I understand your point. It’s probably me being dense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X