Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the possibility of Lechmere interrupting the ripper so often discarded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drstrange169
    replied
    Three questions about Lechmere finding the body;

Why did he stay, why did he seek out a policeman and given the chance to alibi himself, why did he say he didn't see or hear anyone?

If he's innocent, these questions need no answers. If he's guilty, explanations need to be manufactured.

Leave a comment:

• drstrange169
    replied
    >>So who is claiming he had a split personality, is
    that something I missed?<<

What an odd thing to write when it was you, who implied it!

Post #471
    Originally posted by John Wheat -Ridiculous. There is zero evidence Lechmere killed anyone let alone had a split personality.

Mr Barnett - Yeah, it’s not like he used two names or anything.

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

You've got to give them credit for imagination:
    • Split personalty
    • Nefarious tea break (Chapman)
    • Near fatal illness (October 1888)
    • Road closures/changed start time/day off for Lord Mayor's Show
    I'm sure there are more but I can't be bothered looking. I reckon he actually had a doppelganger like Cream who rode the cart while he was off on his killing spree
    So who is claiming he had a split personality, is
    that something I missed?
    Last edited by MrBarnett; 02-13-2022, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by FrankO View Post
    Correct, Abby. Based on the evidence that Paul sees Lechmere standing where he did and that no one saw or heard anyone running or even walking away, Lechmere remains in the frame for being her killer. Beyond that evidence, it's anybody's guess/interpretation.
    hi frank
    thanks. all the other victims we have various sightings of potential suspects. none with polly. i do find that a bit odd.

Leave a comment:

• Aethelwulf
    replied
    Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Ridiculous. There is zero evidence Lechmere killed anyone let alone had a split personality.
    You've got to give them credit for imagination:
    • Split personalty
    • Nefarious tea break (Chapman)
    • Near fatal illness (October 1888)
    • Road closures/changed start time/day off for Lord Mayor's Show
    I'm sure there are more but I can't be bothered looking. I reckon he actually had a doppelganger like Cream who rode the cart while he was off on his killing spree

Leave a comment:

• FrankO
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Paul was walking down bucks row and sees a man near the freshly killed body of polly nichols. no one saw anyone running away. based on the evidence alone, lech is the most likely killer of nichols.
    Correct, Abby. Based on the evidence that Paul sees Lechmere standing where he did and that no one saw or heard anyone running or even walking away, Lechmere remains in the frame for being her killer. Beyond that evidence, it's anybody's guess/interpretation.

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied

Ridiculous. There is zero evidence Lechmere killed anyone let alone had a split personality.
    Yeah, it’s not like he used two names or anything.

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Hi John ,i wasnt suggesting that at all ,i was referring to the golden state killer as having the split personality. And that lechmere, if one wanted to use that excuse to say why he didn't kill after mary kelly, that they would have to prove that as the same as the gsk to make a point ,as abby alluded too. Hope that clears that up . I am of the opinion lechmere was NOT jack the ripper ,for what its worth. .
    Oh right fair enough Fishy.

Leave a comment:

• FISHY1118
    replied

Hi John ,i wasnt suggesting that at all ,i was referring to the golden state killer as having the split personality. And that lechmere, if one wanted to use that excuse to say why he didn't kill after mary kelly, that they would have to prove that as the same as the gsk to make a point ,as abby alluded too. Hope that clears that up . I am of the opinion lechmere was NOT jack the ripper ,for what its worth. .

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied

I believe he had a split personality . Whom he blamed for the killings and crimes up to the time he stopped. So if he didnt believe he was responsible up to that point, his words were " i went on to live a normal life". . We can't say for certain if lechmere did the same.

Leave a comment:

• FISHY1118
    replied

most undetected serial killers go on to live many years after there last kill. the last proven one, the golden state killer went on to live another forty years at least.
    I believe he had a split personality . Whom he blamed for the killings and crimes up to the time he stopped. So if he didnt believe he was responsible up to that point, his words were " i went on to live a normal life". . We can't say for certain if lechmere did the same.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Or just as unlikely if you consider after kellys murder he lived another 32 years . Just sayin.
    most undetected serial killers go on to live many years after there last kill. the last proven one, the golden state killer went on to live another forty years at least.

Leave a comment:

• FISHY1118
    replied
    Paul was walking down bucks row and sees a man near the freshly killed body of polly nichols. no one saw anyone running away. based on the evidence alone, lech is the most likely killer of nichols.
    Or just as unlikely if you consider after kellys murder he lived another 32 years . Just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Daveshredder
    replied
    Franko. Yes, I just st mean he was confirming that he hadn't seen any one. If the body was as fresh as I've heard it was, then it's unusual he didn't see or hear anything, either that or he was guilty. He is the only person we can place at the scene of the crime at or very close to the time. It's not much but it's probably the closest to any kind of actual evidence we can ever get.
    Last edited by Daveshredder; 02-12-2022, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X