Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
    Because Tomkins would have been aware that the WR would still be populated at that time.

No probs :-)

I assumed at first read through that it was the women who were going home.
    I suppose in general terms he may have had an idea, but it seems he was a relative newcomer to the area and according to his own evidence was generally at work at the time in question. If he was often in the Whitechapel Road at 3.40ish, perhaps we should put him forward as a suspect? What on earth would he have been doing there at that time? ;-)

It would be a funny thing to say that the women were going home, wouldn’t it? Why would he assume that?

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Batman View Post
    I don't think you said 'if' looking back, but if that is what you meant fine, but I don't understand your reply because in my post you are responding to, I have absolutely laid all this out for you.

Buck's row is a long road.

Have a look at the background distance all the way up to the gates where Nichols was found. It was dark. Some lamps around.

Somebody turning onto Buck's row is even further away than the furthest person you can see in the background of that photo and even they are far away from the man who has just walked by the gates where Nichols was found.

It is simply inexplicable that the murderer needed to stay there with someone coming in the distance.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on whether Buck’s Row is a ‘long road’. I’d call something like the Commercial Road a long road and Buck’s Row a back street. Of course, we’re not even talking about the whole length of Buck’s Row, just the bit between the stable yard and wherever Paul was when Lechmere first became aware of him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DA65ECFA-8C4A-4171-BC15-8FA9DE8711F6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	667610

Leave a comment:

• Jon Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
    How would Tomkins have known conditions in the WR at 3.30 if his shift was from 8 - 4 with a short break at 12.30?
    Because Tomkins would have been aware that the WR would still be populated at that time.

Sorry, I must have missed the second point when I first read your post.
    No probs :-)

When Neil talks about seeing women in WR ‘going home’ was it the women who were ‘going home’ or himself at the end of his shift?
    I assumed at first read through that it was the women who were going home.

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
    The Coroner knew there were people in the Road at that time, and he knew Tomkins knew. The coroner didn`t know yet that Tomkins had been the pub on the road, yet he still checked Tomkins about people being in the road.

No, it was posted at the same time.

I don`t know when Neil went home. Why do you ask ?
    How would Tomkins have known conditions in the WR at 3.30 if his shift was from 8 - 4 with a short break at 12.30? You’re right, at the point he asked the question, specifically about woman being about after 2.00, he didn’t know about Tomkins break time.

Sorry, I must have missed the second point when I first read your post.

When Neil talks about seeing women in WR ‘going home’ was it the women who were ‘going home’ or himself at the end of his shift?

Leave a comment:

• Jon Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
    One of them did no such thing.
    The Coroner knew there were people in the Road at that time, and he knew Tomkins knew. The coroner didn`t know yet that Tomkins had been the pub on the road, yet he still checked Tomkins about people being in the road.

Ah, I see you’ve added another. At what time did Neil go home I wonder?
    No, it was posted at the same time.

I don`t know when Neil went home. Why do you ask ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X