Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darryl Kenyon
    replied
    Following on from Patrick's excellent post how would Lechmere know how Pc Mizen would have reacted ? For all he knew he could have followed him and Paul back to Polly Ann , found it suspicious that he was with the body when Paul arrived, [ he could even have had some experience of a murder scene and realized that Polly was not long dead ] and checked his clothing, maybe even attempted to apprehend him.
    He could explain the blood on his hands by saying he was feeling for a pulse, perhaps even her heart but what about the knife ? And if he had wiped the knife wouldn't there be a bloodstained handkerchief for instance.
    Also how was lechmere not to know that someone, say looking out of a window, [weren't there people living nearby] had not observed him talking to Polly just before the murder ?
    Jack took chances, but that many ?

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    If it was just me you may have a point, I know that I'm not the most tactful bloke on earth, but it seems to be anyone with the hide to disagree with you.
    Of course you are not the most tactful bloke on earth - that will be me.

No, seriously, I don´t think either of us will fill those shoes. My take on things is that we are both responsible for what we say and do, and that neither of us will be totally unguilty - or the reverse.

What I can say from experience is that as long as you do not promote a suspect out here, you are treated better than after tht has happened. I knew that before I got convinced that Lechmere is the probable Ripper, so I was not surprised by it. But I am not the kind of guy who turns the other cheek, and so there will be the occasional brawl. It is what it is - but it is not a case of me always being to blame, as far as I can tell.
    Share and share alike, Gut!

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    If it was just me you may have a point, I know that I'm not the most tactful bloke on earth, but it seems to be anyone with the hide to disagree with you.
    I agree Gut.

Cheers John

Leave a comment:

• Henry Flower
    replied
    Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problem with Fisherman. He does not communicate with me either. I asked him some scientific questions and he stopped communicating. He did so because he wasn´t able to answer my questions.

Regards, Pierre
    Or possibly he read through your posts and deduced correctly that you are a charlatan and a hypocrite?

What you accuse him of doing - avoiding the questions he can't answer, and laying low when his errors or idiocies are pointed out to him, describes your own modus operandi to the letter.

Leave a comment:

• Columbo
    replied
    I have to disagree slightly on that. Fisherman's been nothing but nice and direct with me. I appreciate the honest answers he provides even if we disagree on some points.

It's my opinion of course, but I think there are a lot of anti-lechmere or undecided Lechmere who are trying their damnedest to change Fisherman's mind and that's not necessary. He may very well be absolutely correct and if he believes so then so be it.

Some posters like Trevor will just post to get under your skin or try to make you look like a complete moron because you may not be schooled in JTR, all the while postulating some idiotic theory that your intestines will spring forth out of your body about 5 feet like a bed spring in an old mattress.

I give Fish alot of credit. He put himself out there in a documentary that supports a somewhat un-popular theory among ripperologists. Is the documentary and theory perfect? No but you have to admit it brought JTR somewhat back from the tombs. And the theory is generally well accepted by the layman which has brought new opinions to the case.

Keep in mind he could be right. I don't know if he is but he could be.

Columbo

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Okay, then we are working from the presumtion that I am to blame whereas you have no part in it at all. Would that be correct?

Leave a comment:

• Pierre
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
    Balderdash! Initially, I tried tact. I tried praising the work you'd put in. I paid the requisite homage to your keen insight and dogged work ethic. I tried being gentle, saying that I was unconvinced, but perhaps with more evidence I could be. Then came the barrage of posts - from you - stating that you'd no wish to waste time trying to educate those too dim and lacking in knowledge (of the case) to be educated, those condescending, taunting, infuriating posts that you know full well are designed to denigrate anyone not cheering your "theory". I was then compelled - regrettably - to call your "theory" what it is: unreasonable, untenable, unbelievable, against any application of common sense, and ultimately laughable (especially when one considers the incomparable "Mizen Scam").

And now you won't even respond to me. No more phone calls. Birthday cards. Valentines. Frankly, it hurt. Badly.
    Sorry to hear about your problem with Fisherman. He does not communicate with me either. I asked him some scientific questions and he stopped communicating. He did so because he wasn´t able to answer my questions.

Regards, Pierre

Leave a comment:

• Patrick S
    replied
    Many people disagree with me over Cross, and I am perfectly fine with that. Maybe it has something to do with HOW you´ve disagreed with me? Would that be a possibility?
    Balderdash! Initially, I tried tact. I tried praising the work you'd put in. I paid the requisite homage to your keen insight and dogged work ethic. I tried being gentle, saying that I was unconvinced, but perhaps with more evidence I could be. Then came the barrage of posts - from you - stating that you'd no wish to waste time trying to educate those too dim and lacking in knowledge (of the case) to be educated, those condescending, taunting, infuriating posts that you know full well are designed to denigrate anyone not cheering your "theory". I was then compelled - regrettably - to call your "theory" what it is: unreasonable, untenable, unbelievable, against any application of common sense, and ultimately laughable (especially when one considers the incomparable "Mizen Scam").

And now you won't even respond to me. No more phone calls. Birthday cards. Valentines. Frankly, it hurt. Badly.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    I doubt it.
    Okay, then we are working from the presumtion that I am to blame whereas you have no part in it at all. Would that be correct?

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Many people disagree with me over Cross, and I am perfectly fine with that. Maybe it has something to do with HOW you disagree with me? Would that be a possibility?
    I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Used to call me things like "His fine Aussie friend" till I disagreed with him over Cross.
    Many people disagree with me over Cross, and I am perfectly fine with that. Maybe it has something to do with HOW you´ve disagreed with me? Would that be a possibility?
    Last edited by Fisherman; 11-03-2016, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Nah. He won't engage me because he understands that I've taken the time to understand the information as opposed to relying upon he and his ilk to interpret it for me. Remember, I was once in Christer's good graces, back when I first learned of his Cross/Lechmere theory. He encouraged me to do some research, sure that I'd agree with the theory he was (and still is) peddling. I actually took my leave of the board for a bit and did just that. Of course, I committed the cardinal sin: I didn't agree. Of course, I then found myself - like Gaylord Focker - outside the fabled circle of trust. And there I remain. Recall also that I offered to debate Fisherman on this topic, pledging to pay for a venue, food, and adult beverages. He refused. Things got nasty. He refuses to respond to my posts. And here we are. I've come to the conclusion that Christer will not debate on this topic for same the reason he responds so aggressively to those who seriously question the logic of Lechmere as the Ripper, or the Mizen Scam: he doesn't believe it himself. Thus, I content myself with posting on these threads (when I can muster the energy it takes to get into my notes and assemble, essentially, the same posts I've made for the past few years, hoping to dissuade newcomers and neophytes, the naïve and gullible, from buying into this foolishness.
    Used to call me things like "His fine Aussie friend" till I disagreed with him over Cross.

Leave a comment:

• Columbo
    replied
    Nah. He won't engage me because he understands that I've taken the time to understand the information as opposed to relying upon he and his ilk to interpret it for me. Remember, I was once in Christer's good graces, back when I first learned of his Cross/Lechmere theory. He encouraged me to do some research, sure that I'd agree with the theory he was (and still is) peddling. I actually took my leave of the board for a bit and did just that. Of course, I committed the cardinal sin: I didn't agree. Of course, I then found myself - like Gaylord Focker - outside the fabled circle of trust. And there I remain. Recall also that I offered to debate Fisherman on this topic, pledging to pay for a venue, food, and adult beverages. He refused. Things got nasty. He refuses to respond to my posts. And here we are. I've come to the conclusion that Christer will not debate on this topic for same the reason he responds so aggressively to those who seriously question the logic of Lechmere as the Ripper, or the Mizen Scam: he doesn't believe it himself. Thus, I content myself with posting on these threads (when I can muster the energy it takes to get into my notes and assemble, essentially, the same posts I've made for the past few years, hoping to dissuade newcomers and neophytes, the naïve and gullible, from buying into this foolishness.
    I wondered what happened to you. You made alot of strong, sound arguments for sure. I forgot you were non-gratis in the Fisherman world.

Columbo

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    I've come to the conclusion that Christer will not debate on this topic for same the reason he responds so aggressively to those who seriously question the logic of Lechmere as the Ripper, or the Mizen Scam: he doesn't believe it himself.
    Well, of course. If anyone thought they had honestly cracked the case, they wouldn't be on here.

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    The wolf?
    Pierre

is a person who adores metaphors:

we have had at different times to mention but three :

A Wolf, A Tiger and A Vampire.

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...