X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indispensable

Hello Stewart.

"That took the longest, very hard work, manuscript of around 250,000 words when submitted. A labour of love though."

But indispensable.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Monstrosity View Post
      I've been coming here for a number of years reading comments and ive read a dozen books on the Ripper case making me another armchair Ripperologist(and I realize their are professional Ripperologists here and I've read some of your books, but sometimes we just need to take a fresh look). I've come to realize that if God himself came down and said it was Aaron Kozminski many would dismiss it as nonsense because it doesn't fit their favorite suspect.

The DNA for the victim Eddowes was very difficult to extract and used techniques that were not even available 5 years ago. Did you guys read the geneticist article on the subject? Its definitely her DNA. And if Kozminski's DNA is on there as well, which seems to be the case why not accept the strong possibility?
      1. He was a major suspect named by Macnaghten who was close to the case.
      2. He fits the FBI personality profile
      3. He fits the geographic profile
      4. An eyewitness refused to name the killer because he was a fellow "jew" and didn't want to cause more harm to his people.
      5. Robert House in his book, "The case for Scotland Yard's Prime Suspect" makes a strong case without DNA evidence for it being Kosminski.
      6. It seems Kosminski's DNA is on the shawl. So there is a definite connection. It should at least raise his profile in everyone's mind.

I want to add the main objection to Kozminski for a long time was that he wasn't violent while incarcerated and had strange behavior. I never understood this objection because many serial killers have been passive and non violent after capture such as Gacy or Dahmer, and Dahmmer was certainly strange. It could also be that Kozminksi's mental state deteriorated further when he was sent away.
      I agree with all statements, re most credible suspect is someone named Kosminski, but would still prefer to have additional expert opinions re DNA and Shawl dating and blood and semen samples, not Ripperologists, no offence to those on the boards, a fully referenced and Journaled article connected to an institution of Higher Learning, not amateur detective work and gut feelings of armchair researchers.

Comment

• Shawl/runner.

I am aware that there was a attempt previously to date the shawl/runner some years back.

Is there any way with today's technology the shawl can be accurately dated.

If so the dating of the shawl/runner could end this thread in a instant.

Don't think the present owner would allow for such scrutiny if the technology is available but he would have to accept that until the confirmation or elimaination regarding the dating is allowed the theory will always be just that , a theory.

Comment

• Need to contact them Turin shroud people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
            The whole thing gets naffer and naffer (new word). I can't believe that so many, from the media on down, get taken in.
            But Stewart, leaving aside the fact that we don't think the shawl was a shawl, and that we have no evidence it was at the crime scene, and leaving aside also the fact that Amos Simpson was similarly absent from Mitre Square, and that there is no definitive match to the individuals Eddowes and Kosminski in the DNA results..... er......

DNA!!! Magic DNA!!!!!! So, therefore maybe Amos Simpson could've been there if he was a special spy policeman, and the shawl could've been a shawl, and it might have been thrown aside where the police sketch artist didn't see it, and if he was there then Amos Simpson could therefore have taken it, if it was maybe there after all, or his mate maybe gave it to him, and therefore... DNA! Case Closed! Vincent - er, sorry - Kosminski dunnit!

Comment

I applaud everything you say Amanda, but where did you get that picture?

Thank you Mr Evans.
              It is a copy of the original drawing that Frederick Foster drew of Eddowes as she was found before she was taken away to the mortuary. As everyone can see, she had no shawl. No shawl was found among her belongs, neither was a shawl reported as being in the vicinity.

Regards,

Amanda

Comment

• absent

Hello TT. Welcome to the boards.

Interesting scenario, but he is absent from EVERY narrative.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
                  Thank you Mr Evans.
                  It is a copy of the original drawing that Frederick Foster drew of Eddowes as she was found before she was taken away to the mortuary. As everyone can see, she had no shawl. No shawl was found among her belongs, neither was a shawl reported as being in the vicinity.

Regards,

Amanda
                  G'day Amanda

I see so you're another one that wants to let facts get in the way of a story, oh dear!
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• And...

Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
                    I agree with all statements, re most credible suspect is someone named Kosminski, but would still prefer to have additional expert opinions re DNA and Shawl dating and blood and semen samples, not Ripperologists, no offence to those on the boards, a fully referenced and Journaled article connected to an institution of Higher Learning, not amateur detective work and gut feelings of armchair researchers.
                    And you are?
                    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
                      While everything you say makes some sense and is well put across , the one thing I would point out if I am correct is...

There is no proof that it is Kominskys DNA , just one in forty thousand.
                      If I have got this fact wrong please enlighten me.

Comment

• Wow! 1000 posts

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
                        Damn! I bet you wish you could prove that!

I have no comment re this post.... But as the original poster.... WOW! Over 1000 posts and still climbing.

Comment

The Metropolitan Police would not be allowed to work in this fashion in the City area. It should also be remembered that the Metropolitan Police Orders, issued regularly, listed all officers working special duty or on other divisions. And we have all the Police Orders for this period, with no mention of Amos Simpson.

A City PC giving chase to a villain in Lolesworth Street, Spitalfields - surely not. Perhaps the fact the perps lived in Spitalfields but were notorious around Billingsgate in the City had something to do with it.

MrB

Comment

• Yes...

Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
                            Thank you Mr Evans.
                            Regards,
                            Amanda
                            Yes, I know what it is, but what I asked is where did you get the picture you posted from?
                            SPE

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
                              Thank you Mr Evans.
                              It is a copy of the original drawing that Frederick Foster drew of Eddowes as she was found before she was taken away to the mortuary.
                              I'm guessing (just a guess ) that Mr. Evans knows about that part of the sketch. He might be asking what source you obtained it from.

JM

Edit- cross posted with the newbie's.

Comment

• Do Well

Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
                                I have no comment re this post.... But as the original poster.....WOW... 1000 posts and still going.
                                Didn't you do well - you'll be famous soon.
                                SPE

Comment

Working...
                                X