X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately...

Originally posted by GUT View Post
    In fact new record last night for most online at casebook, so at least he has garnered interest.
    Unfortunately there are those, even some sensible authors, who see that any Ripper publicity is great to revive a flagging subject. The result of the publicity being, of course, that it will create more interest in the subject amongst Joe Public and they will sell more of their own Ripper books as a result.
    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

• I will have you know that i have some scientific knowledge.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• O K

Hello Paul G. Thanks.

Very well.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
          Actually one little mystery has been solved. The shop, in Toynbee Street, is called The Official Jack the Ripper Store. Now we know why.

MrB
          Enjoy up to 60% off on all hotel bookings for top destinations only at Reservations.com. Make your hotel reservations now to save more.
          Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
          - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

• I don't expect you to...

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
            I will never agree that tumblety was the ripper but I admired your research and honesty when producing that book it was some what cheapend by the "diary of jack the ripper" a lot of people thought here we go again.
            I don't expect you to agree to anything, I don't know that Tumblety was the Ripper - we will never know who the Ripper was. But he was a genuine contemporary suspect and one not invented or contrived by me - but a suspect named by ex-Chief Inspector Littlechild of the Special Branch. Anyway, thanks again for the kind words. A pity all my subsequent books don't garner any comment.
            SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

• hard evidence

Hello Wolfie. Thanks.

Hard evidence? Love to see some.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                Don't believe anything you read in the papers. Like some others pointed out, no chain of custody, no established connection of shawl to crime scene. I imagine the "DNA" is just a glorified blood test like another poster said and it's a false positive. Would eddowes & koz DNA really stay on 125 year old shawl without being preserved and passing thru countless hands? It just doesn't add up. Aaron Kosminski has never even been proven to be the Koz anyway. The most damning evidence is that the met police officer wasn't at the scene and had no way of getting the shawl! Where they really so careless as to give away a bloody shawl when they catalogued Eddowes personal items so meticulously? The bloody piece of apron was of such vital importance that a much larger bloody shawl would not be carelessly discarded. The ripper case attracts more con artists than anything looking to make a quick a buck.
                Agree with your sentiment wholeheartedly. The DNA evidence is still way to iffy...to take seriously.
                Millions of people are now purchasing DNA kits from certain nameless genealogical online companies, with results are so incredibly broad to be laughable.
                Matching family lines, with DNA results, is now one of the most lucrative industries in existence.
                example is Richard 111, his DNA could be linked to millions of people in current day. Approx 25-30% (or higher) of English population could claim lineage back to Plantagenet lines and Richard 111.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
                  I don't expect you to agree to anything, I don't know that Tumblety was the Ripper - we will never know who the Ripper was. But he was a genuine contemporary suspect and one not invented or contrived by me - but a suspect named by ex-Chief Inspector Littlechild of the Special Branch. Anyway, thanks again for the kind words. A pity all my subsequent books don't garner any comment.
                  I feel quite appalled that this Mr Edwards is going to make a lot of money out of something which is not true it ain't fair on proper authors like yourself.I've met Mike Barrett quite a few times and have seen first hand how much money he made out of that diary that just isn't right.
                  Last edited by pinkmoon; 09-07-2014, 05:23 PM.
                  Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• summation

Hello Rocky.

"It just doesn't add up."

Excellent summation.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
                      Agree with your sentiment wholeheartedly. The DNA evidence is still way to iffy...to take seriously.
                      Millions of people are now purchasing DNA kits from certain nameless genealogical online companies, with results are so incredibly broad to be laughable.
                      Matching family lines, with DNA results, is now one of the most lucrative industries in existence.
                      example is Richard 111, his DNA could be linked to millions of people in current day. Approx 25-30% (or higher) of English population could claim lineage back to Plantagenet lines and Richard 111.

We're there not rewards offered at the time to catch JTR? If my family were in possession of a bloody shawl thought to be connected to a gruesome murder, and a reward was offered for evidence... I suspect I would be quite keen to come forward and submit a claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
                        Oh dear...
                        So you wont be buying the book ?
                        Not even slightly intrested what it contains?
                        Even you purchased and read the Diary Mr Evans.

Comment

• attestation

Hello Stewart. I'll attest to your work. Without "The Utlimate Companion" I would have none of my current theories.

No wisecracks. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                            So you wont be buying the book ?
                            Not even slightly intrested what it contains?
                            Even you purchased and read the Diary Mr Evans.
                            The diary was different there was always a small chance it was true.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello Stewart. I'll attest to your work. Without "The Utlimate Companion" I would have none of my current theories.

No wisecracks. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                              LC
                              An excellent source book it is one of the only books that I kept after I converted to kindle.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                                Hello Paul G. Thanks.

Very well.

Cheers.
                                LC
                                Your welcome Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X