This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
    The Kosminski in Aus had 6 females, 3 died in London, surviving 3 emigrated to Aus 1898. All 3 surviving females married here and had subsequent issue. So yes, only secondary DNA to extract here.

If the latest theory gains traction within the Scientific and Policing communities, then a further request to examine the shawl and subsequent exhumation of Aaron will yield primary DNA and provision for Facial Reconstruction of the Kosminski suspect.
    It dosnt really matter about all of this I have just come to the conclusion that this is nothing but an attempt to fleece the public out of their hard earned money.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by spyglass View Post
      Oh dear!!!
      The mail loves blaming everything on imigration at the mo.

Have just put JTR into google and it would seem every publication is running this story, one even gets Kosminski mixed up with Chapman.
      Dreading going to work tomorrow because EVERY one is going to tell me " cased solved".
      I'm on holiday at the moment and when I'm get back I'm going to get"oh did you see the papers it wasn't that barrister fellow that you said"
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• veteran researchers

Hello Paul G. Do you know of ANY veteran researchers who buy this? Even Kosminski people reject it.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Paul G. Do you know of ANY veteran researchers who buy this? Even Kosminski people reject it.

Cheers.
          LC
          Why don't you buy a yoyo from Mr Edwards shop.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
            Don't be so stupid I have a pair of y fronts that my great great grandmother inherited from her cousin who knew a milkman who's father worked at the local police station as a badger tamer and these y fronts were given to him the day after Druitt was fished out of the Thames .
            I actually spat coffee on my screen when I read this.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• steamed

Hello Rob. Thanks. Now that you mention it . . .

I am more steamed about this nonsense than I have been since the Van Gogh rot.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Already said

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                Cheers.
                LC
                I've already said that I know of none.
                SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
                  The Kosminski in Aus had 6 females, 3 died in London, surviving 3 emigrated to Aus 1898. All 3 surviving females married here and had subsequent issue. So yes, only secondary DNA to extract here.

If the latest theory gains traction within the Scientific and Policing communities, then a further request to examine the shawl and subsequent exhumation of Aaron will yield primary DNA and provision for Facial Reconstruction of the Kosminski suspect.
                  But my understanding is that even with Kosminski`s full profile it will not change the fact that there will still only be secondary profiles on the material

Comment

• Time...

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    I am more steamed about this nonsense than I have been since the Van Gogh rot.
                    Cheers.
                    LC
                    Time to boil an egg on Lynn's head...
                    SPE

Comment

• The truth of this case depends solely on the reliability or otherwise of the DNA evidence.
                      If it is truly the case that Kosminski’s and Eddowes’s DNA are on this item then how can anyone seriously claim that Kosminski did not ‘do it’?

All the other stuff – how the cloth came to be in the possession of the policeman’s family, whether or not he was or could have been at Mitre Square, whether it is a shawl or a random bit of cloth (that could have been use as an impromptu shawl anyway), whether it as Michaelmas Daisies on it, whether or not Eddowes was noted as wearing a shawl when in Bishopsgate police station, and all the other objections raised would be completely irrelevant and worthless.

So frankly, it is totally pointless raising these other objections until such time as the scientific tests are put under scrutiny. And I rather think that not one single person on here is qualified to pass authoritative judgement on that matter.

It is also a bit odd criticising the owner shawl for having the temerity to write a book about it. What a dreadful sin that is.
                      How unpardonable for him to have a Jack the Ripper themed gift shop.
                      And how disgusting that the story was presented in the Mail on Sunday – that seems to be the worse sin of all.

I find it more interesting to see how the Ripper case still generates nationwide – probably worldwide – publicity.
                      Almost as interesting as observing the converse howls of wounded indignation from the ‘Ripperological’ community.

Gosh – do you think this sort of response might put people off from coming forward with other artefacts that might be hidden in their attic?

Comment

• My dearest gut,I was excited this morning it was case closed I've been on here all day reading snippets becoming sceptical and you know what's tipped me over to think rubbish the fact this Mr Williams has just opened a jack the ripper shop that sells jack the ripper yoyos.How can we take this man seriously could you imagine Stewart Evans launching his excellent Tumblety book and at the same time trying to flog us yoyos it's a joke the fact the shawl is Edwardian hasn't helped .

Comment

• Thank you...

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                          ...Stewart Evans launching his excellent Tumblety book...
                          Thank you for that, but there are those who would fiercely disagree with you.
                          SPE

Comment

• traction

Hello Wolfie. Thanks.

Hope no one is waiting long for traction amongst ripper students.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Amazing

Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                              The truth of this case depends solely on the reliability or otherwise of the DNA evidence.
                              If it is truly the case that Kosminski’s and Eddowes’s DNA are on this item then how can anyone seriously claim that Kosminski did not ‘do it’?
                              All the other stuff – how the cloth came to be in the possession of the policeman’s family, whether or not he was or could have been at Mitre Square, whether it is a shawl or a random bit of cloth (that could have been use as an impromptu shawl anyway), whether it as Michaelmas Daisies on it, whether or not Eddowes was noted as wearing a shawl when in Bishopsgate police station, and all the other objections raised would be completely irrelevant and worthless.
                              So frankly, it is totally pointless raising these other objections until such time as the scientific tests are put under scrutiny. And I rather think that not one single person on here is qualified to pass authoritative judgement on that matter.
                              It is also a bit odd criticising the owner shawl for having the temerity to write a book about it. What a dreadful sin that is.
                              How unpardonable for him to have a Jack the Ripper themed gift shop.
                              And how disgusting that the story was presented in the Mail on Sunday – that seems to be the worse sin of all.
                              I find it more interesting to see how the Ripper case still generates nationwide – probably worldwide – publicity.
                              Almost as interesting as observing the converse howls of wounded indignation from the ‘Ripperological’ community.
                              Gosh – do you think this sort of response might put people off from coming forward with other artefacts that might be hidden in their attic?
                              An amazing example of false (or mistaken) reasoning. You wouldn't be about to market a Ripper book yourself, would you? As they say, no publicity is bad publicity.
                              SPE

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                                My dearest gut,I was excited this morning it was case closed I've been on here all day reading snippets becoming sceptical and you know what's tipped me over to think rubbish the fact this Mr Williams has just opened a jack the ripper shop that sells jack the ripper yoyos.How can we take this man seriously could you imagine Stewart Evans launching his excellent Tumblety book and at the same time trying to flog us yoyos it's a joke the fact the shawl is Edwardian hasn't helped .
                                Interesting that he just opened a shop, isn't it.

Yes I've never seen so much activity, I regularly check the whose on line tab and have NEVER seen so many members at the one time.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X