Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew...

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
    In his 1906 book The Lighter Side of the Home Rule Movement Sir Robert Anderson wrote -
    Duh! I knew that I had been looking at Anderson's books for too long.
    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
      Duh! I knew that I had been looking at Anderson's books for too long.
      Shhhssshh. Nobody would have noticed. Sidelights on... and Lighter Side... And thanks for all the good stuff... I knew Massey's wife played a part there somewhere!

Comment

• Only the other day...

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
        Shhhssshh. Nobody would have noticed. Sidelights on... and Lighter Side... And thanks for all the good stuff... I knew Massey's wife played a part there somewhere!
        Only the other day I was reading The Lighter Side of the Jack the Ripper A to Z and Sidelights on the Diary of Jack the Ripper. Diary, what Diary? I know don't go there.
        SPE

Comment

Only the other day I was reading The Lighter Side of the Jack the Ripper A to Z and Sidelights on the Diary of Jack the Ripper. Diary, what Diary? I know don't go there.
          Thank goodness it wasn't Sidelights on the Home Rule Diary.

Comment

• I don't know about anyone else, but I now find myself very curious as to what Phil Carter's views are about the lunar landing.

Originally posted by Phil H
            (to Trevor) Please cite ONE example of where I have not accepted constructive criticism from you or anyone else.
            I don't want to speak for the Trevinator, but just in the last day on the 'Quick theory' thread, both Malcolm and myself commented on you being a 'Doubting Thomas' and a naysayer, and generally standing alone against the spirit of the thread, and your response was to accuse me of anal condescension. I would call that an example of you not taking constructive criticism.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• When all is said and done...

When all is said and done, I thoroughly agree with Paul, Anderson was too important, too involved, and too relevant to the case to simply dismiss. The Polish Jew/'Kosminski' suspect simply cannot be consigned to the bin and must remain a primary suspect for research.
              SPE

Comment

• However...

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                I don't want to speak for the Trevinator, but just in the last day on the 'Quick theory' thread, both Malcolm and myself commented on you being a 'Doubting Thomas' and a naysayer, and generally standing alone against the spirit of the thread, and your response was to accuse me of anal condescension.
                Tom Wescott
                However, anal condescension is far less uncomfortable than anal retention.
                SPE

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                  Thank goodness it wasn't Sidelights on the Home Rule Diary.
                  Next thing you'll be doing is quoting Ripperologists like Colin Rumbelow, Melvyn Fido and Stewart P. Ryder.

I hope it never happens to me.

Ah. I think it already has....

Comment

• The Trevinator

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    I don't want to speak for the Trevinator, but...
                    Tom Wescott
                    'The Trevinator', and thus another legend of Ripperology is created.
                    SPE

Comment

• Don't...

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                      Next thing you'll be doing is quoting Ripperologists like Colin Rumbelow, Melvyn Fido and Stewart P. Ryder.
                      I hope it never happens to me.
                      Ah. I think it already has....
                      Don't you start!

Stewart P Whittington-Fido.
                      SPE

Comment

When all is said and done, I thoroughly agree with Paul, Anderson was too important, too involved, and too relevant to the case to simply dismiss. The Polish Jew/'Kosminski' suspect simply cannot be consigned to the bin and must remain a primary suspect for research.
                        Hi Stewart,

...AND we still have to consider Anderson was the one who deceptively authored the 'Times' letters in the Parnell issue, demonstrating that deception is a perfectly acceptable tool to use for political reasons. He seems to be an 'ends justifies the means' kind of guy.

So, we basically have to consider what he stated, but remain a little skeptcal.

Sincerely,

Mike
                        The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                        http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

• We must...

Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
                          Hi Stewart,
                          ...AND we still have to consider Anderson was the one who deceptively authored the 'Times' letters in the Parnell issue, demonstrating that deception is a perfectly acceptable tool to use for political reasons. He seems to be an 'ends justifies the means' kind of guy.
                          So, we basically have to consider what he stated, but remain a little skeptcal.
                          Sincerely,
                          Mike
                          We must all examine the historical sources and assess their quality. Needless to say, historians being historians, and human beings being human beings, we are sure not to reach a consensus on those assessments.
                          SPE

Comment

We must all examine the historical sources and assess their quality. Needless to say, historians being historians, and human beings being human beings, we are sure not to reach a consensus on those assessments.
                            So true.
                            The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                            http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Likely suspect is more fitting as there are no prime suspects would you not agree ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                                and your response was to accuse me of anal condescension.
                                Which I guess is better than being accused of anal conversion.
                                I think Trevinator might stick for good. I like it.
                                Best regards,
                                Maria

Comment

Working...
                                X