No announcement yet.

My theory on Kosminski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me that when Jacob Cohen took Aaron Kozminski to the Infirmary and declared he thought him to be insane because he attacked his sister, he was talking about his own sister Betsy who was married to Aarons brother Woolf.
    Had it been the sister Matilda who was attacked surely Morris would have been involved, in case information was needed.

I think its possible that as Aaron started to get ill he was evicted from living with Woolf and Betsy. Betsy seems to have just got pregnant for the child that she lost in February 1889. I am not sure how many months pregnant she was though, if anybody can help?

Is it possible there is a connection with his mutilations and Betsys prgnancy.
    If he blamed her for being thrown out? Oh and also that he was not well mentally?

Pat.....

Comment

Hi Pat!

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      It seems to me that when Jacob Cohen took Aaron Kozminski to the Infirmary and declared he thought him to be insane because he attacked his sister, he was talking about his own sister Betsy who was married to Aarons brother Woolf.
      Had it been the sister Matilda who was attacked surely Morris would have been involved, in case information was needed.

I think its possible that as Aaron started to get ill he was evicted from living with Woolf and Betsy. Betsy seems to have just got pregnant for the child that she lost in February 1889. I am not sure how many months pregnant she was though, if anybody can help?

Is it possible there is a connection with his mutilations and Betsys prgnancy.
      If he blamed her for being thrown out? Oh and also that he was not well mentally?

Pat.....
      Interesting considerations.

Greetings, Karsten.

Comment

Yes, it was the brother's brother-in-law that got him first thrown out of the house and then confined in the asylum.

Comment

Jacob Cohen was Betsy's brother? And he had Aaron thrown out of the house? I must be really out to lunch, because both of those facts are news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by John Malcolm View Post
            Jacob Cohen was Betsy's brother? And he had Aaron thrown out of the house? I must be really out to lunch, because both of those facts are news to me.
            John,
            I think you will find the first is a relatively new suggestion, not entirely without support, it depends on ones reading of the account, however it is not established as far as i am aware, that she was the woman married to wolf or that cohen was his brother in law. it does however offer interesting options.

The second i fear is an unsupported extension of the first idea.
            if Scott has actual evidence to support it, then i of course appologise, i just have not seen any myself.

steve

Comment

A few years ago there was an article by Patricia Marshall and Chris Phillips in Ripperologist: "Who was Jacob Cohen?". If I remember correctly, the parents of Woolf Abraham´s wife Betsy Abrahams were Kasriel Szlama Kozminski and Ryfka, nee Lachman. They had a son, Jacob Kozminski, later Jacob Cohen, butcher in Manchester. Probably the same Jacob Cohen of the company (Jacob) Cohen/(Thomas Coughtrey) Davies/ (Woolf) Abrahams (Aaron Kozminski´s brother). The dog incident/ Aaron Kozminski in December 1889 in Cheapside (not far from the address of this London-company in 51 Carter Lane): Aaron Kozminski said that "the dog belongs to Jacobs", maybe he wanted to say the dog belongs to Jacob Cohen. The name of the whole article was "New light on Aaron Kozminski", better I read it again.

Comment

Thanks Karsten

I composed Ripperologist 128 article with Chris Phillips.
                Chris had a great deal of knowledge of the Abrahams family and I hope he does not mind my saying that he was pretty sure too when we wrote the paper.

Jacob Cohen (son of Kasriel) was the brother of Brucha/Betsy Kozminski. It is also highly likely he is the Jacob who committed his cousin Aaron.

When he said "Aaron attacked his sister" as it was written third hand it could have meant Aarons sister or Jacobs sister. I do think it is likely that it was Jacobs sister (Woolfs wife) who was attacked, hence her brothers involvement.
                As I said, if it was Matilda (Aarons other sister) I would have thought that her husband Morris would have been involved ?

Wolek Lajb Kozminski ( son of Abram Josif and Golda) married Brucha Kozminski in Klodawa in 1881 And Bruchas father was Kasriel Szlama and mother Ryfka. from Poland, Jewish Records Indexing-Poland, Marriages, 1798-1939

Woolf and Betsy and children moved to Bury New Road, Cheetham, Manchester by 1901 census Cheetham was where Jacob had lived for many years before he went to South Africa. .

Pat......

Comment

Woolf took his daughter rebecca out of Berner street school on 11.Oct.1888 address 25 Providence street.

She was out of school for 7 months and then when she went to her next school her address was now 34 Yalford street and her date of birth was altered to allow for these 7 months out of school. It was later changed back and a comment made about 6 months other school ?

Woolf and Betsy were in Yalford street in March 1889 when she lost her baby.

These are the records of Rebecca from Ancestry school admissions attached

Pat.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Pat,
                    While the evidence of the connection between Cohen and Kosminski appears strong, I am not 100% convinced, maybe 90%.
                    it seems something occurred to the family in early October 88, thus the withdrawal from school

Steve

Comment

• Hi Pat!

I wonder whether Jacob Cohen, a butcher from Manchester, could have had some connections with the Butchers Row, Aldagte High Street/ London.

Inspector Robert Sagar:

"We had good reason to suspect a certain man who worked in 'Butcher's-row,' Aldgate," he said, "and we watched him carefully. There was no doubt that this man was insane, and after a time his friends thought it advisable to have him removed to a private asylum. After he was removed there were no more Ripper atrocities."

It is indeed odd that the butcher Jacob Cohen took Aaron Kozminski to the infirmary and Sagar stated: "after a time his friends thought it advisable to have him removed to a private asylum".

This could mean that Aaron Kozminski was the "Kosminski" of Anderson, Swanson and Macnaghten. And, of course, it might be possible that Sagar watched this "Kosminski"/ Aaron Kozminski in Butchers Row. We do know that the City Police were involved in the "Kosminski- case"- see Swanson. And Sagar was a City Police officer.

One of "his friends" could have been the butcher Jacob Cohen from Manchester, and another "friend", one of the butchers in Butchers Row.

Of course, Jacob Cohen stated that Aaron Kozminski "did not work for years", and Sagar said "removed to a private asylum", not Colney Hatch.

It might be possible that the hairdresser Aaron Kozminski worked in Butchers Row at the time of the murders and that Jacob Cohen was already involved in a previous admission to a private asylum (Macnaghtens "about March 1889"/"Kosminski"?). Two years have passed between March 1889 and February 1891. Enough time for "did not work for years".

Strangely, Woolf took his daughter rebecca out of Berner street school after the Double Event (and after some bloody clothes were found in Batty Street). Woolf´s address Providence Street, just a few steps from the site of the Stride murder. In 1881/82 Woolf lived next to the Dutfields Yard. Is it just a coincidence...?

Karsten.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                        So what? There's no evidence of Kosminski being violent at any point.
                        That’s completely false considering there are two documented incidents of him being violent in the scant contemporary documentation about him. It’s also known that he was severely mentally ill, or do you also claim you know more about his mental health status than the contemporary doctors like you claim to know more about his violent tendencies than the contemporary police?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pontius2000 View Post
                          That’s completely false considering there are two documented incidents of him being violent in the scant contemporary documentation about him.
                          If you have the background details of these incidents. Evidence to show Kozminski was violent, and not simply protecting himself (due to his paranoia?), then please share what you know.

It’s also known that he was severely mentally ill, or do you also claim you know more about his mental health status than the contemporary doctors like you claim to know more about his violent tendencies than the contemporary police?
                          Mental illness takes many forms, like eating bread out of the gutter.
                          Is that a typical trait for a serial killer, in your view?
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            If you have the background details of these incidents. Evidence to show Kozminski was violent, and not simply protecting himself (due to his paranoia?), then please share what you know.

Mental illness takes many forms, like eating bread out of the gutter.
                            Is that a typical trait for a serial killer, in your view?
                            Wicker man your a joke. He threatened his sister with a knife and attempted to attack an attendant with a chair. How is that not violent?

Eating bread out of a gutter? How about eating human flesh? Which is crazier? LOL!

You really need to go to bed dude.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Hi Elmara, 90% is not bad, I am happy with that

Karsten, My theory is that Aaron was looking after the shop at night in Carters Lane. Not sure about who the Butchers row subject was or if it was the same one that Henry followed. It may have been Isenshmidt or Hyams I dont know?

Interestingly there were a Family (all from Poland) of Lipshitz's or something similar (Later Lewis) The father married a Lachman and they lived in Spitalfields I did wonder if these could be relations of Aaron also. I will check it out in a bit...jacobs mother was Ryfka Lachman.

Pat.......
                              Last edited by Paddy; 12-05-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                Wicker man your a joke. He threatened his sister with a knife and attempted to attack an attendant with a chair. How is that not violent?
                                Abby, it only becomes violence when the knife is actually used on the sister and the chair on the warden. Before that, these things are only threats of violence. In a wider sense, it can be said that to threat violence is to make use of the mechanism of violence, of course - but it is not applying violence per se. The possibility remains that Kosminski would never have been able to apply it at all.

I´m sure you have seen movies where the heroine points a gun at somebody, and that somebody says "Go ahead, shoot me!", knowing full well that this will never happen. It could well be that the knife and chair were about the same thing: threatening. It can serve the same purpose as actual violence, and it offers up a possibility for many people who are actually not able/likely to transfer the threat into action.
                                Last edited by Fisherman; 12-05-2017, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X