Exonerating Michael Kidney - A Fresh Look at Old Myths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Tom,

Just a proof reading observation, in your notes you cite the "cab" story as deriving from the Daily News Oct 3. I believe it might actually have been in the Daily News Oct 4.
    dustymiller
    aka drstrange

Comment

• Hi Dusty. Blame my editor.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Dusty,

Blame the time zones. When it was October 4 in London it was probably still October 3 in the States.

Don.
        "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

• There you go! That's the kind of stuff editors were made of. Shame you couldn't bail me out of that 'stationary' jam a couple years back.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• That's OK Don, it was the 5th here in Australia.
            dustymiller
            aka drstrange

Comment

• Did the next best thing and brought Caz, who had spotted it, onto the team. As a serious point -- and I'm not implicating you -- too often when editors clean up copy and bad spellings the authors never learn from their errors. Again, not including you because you've always been gracious, but authors always seem to reap the glory, even when an editor made chicken salad from chicken feathers.

Anyway, we are both guilty of deflecting discussion from your Kidney article, which is worth reading.
              Last edited by Supe; 10-18-2012, 03:58 AM.
              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

• Good morning, Fisherman !
                http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Working...
                X