Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could get a quart of ale in a pewter vessel by bringing your own and getting a discount. The same with returning a pewter jug back to a pub [discount on next drink]. Since these were in common supply it didn't have to be the same alehouse as you bought it from.
    Blotchy could have done either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      A pathologist? Who didn´t get his fill of cutting up bodies at work? And who was 52 at the time of the murders?

There is a lengthy obituary from the British Medical Journal about Sutton, who died in 1891, here:
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...273228/?page=3
      53 actually.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Sutton is claimed to have examined the Lusk kidney by Major Smith.

Last edited by Batman; 12-03-2018, 11:49 PM.
        Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
          53 actually.
          Okay, I chose to give him the benefit of a doubt there, but so he was 53. Don´t you find that a bit old?
          And why would a pathologist who has spent many, many years in the autopsy room cutting up people, suddenly turn to killing and eviscerating women out in the streets? Wouldn´t he have had his fill long since? What would be his motivation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
            Sutton is claimed to have examined the Lusk kidney by Major Smith.

https://academic.oup.com/ndt/article/23/10/3343/1850338
            There was a Mr Openshaw attending Suttons funeral, actually. But how that makes him the Ripper...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
              Sutton is claimed to have examined the Lusk kidney by Major Smith.

https://academic.oup.com/ndt/article/23/10/3343/1850338
              Sutton's comments are worth reading.

Comment

Okay, I chose to give him the benefit of a doubt there, but so he was 53. Don´t you find that a bit old?
                And why would a pathologist who has spent many, many years in the autopsy room cutting up people, suddenly turn to killing and eviscerating women out in the streets? Wouldn´t he have had his fill long since? What would be his motivation?
                Blackmail.

Comment

What has any of this to do with the subject of this thread?
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                    Sutton's comments are worth reading.
                    You know I remember reading years ago a very good argument why JtR wasn't medically aware and only remembered it recently.

He failed amputation attempts.

One could say this was due to lack of time.

Yet with MJK the same failures are present, as well as successes.

It also puts JtR at odds with the torsos. If he was so proficient at amputations there then why not with the C5?

Also, we can't really call the amputations, amputations in the medical sense, because... well... it's not how amputations were done and by 1888 amputation surgery was well understood. Yet the signs of the attempts are there, especially with MJK.

Comment

• Doubt Sutton committed more than 5 murders in 1888.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        What has any of this to do with the subject of this thread?
                        Maybe - just maybe - you should ask the person who introduced Sutton instead of asking me. He may have a reason. I don´t. I merely commented on his input.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                          Assuming for the sake of argument that the police were not completely inept, and if virtually everybody on these boards thinks that Hutchinson's behavior that night was suspicious, why would the police not have had Schwartz and/or Lawende take a look at him to see if he was the man they saw.

c.d.
                          Might be worthwhile uncovering who Hutchinson really was and his link to Jack the Ripper.

I believe he once had a child living with him,whose parents resided in Primrose Street.

Not on my usual PC tonight.

Comment

Maybe - just maybe - you should ask the person who introduced Sutton instead of asking me. He may have a reason. I don´t. I merely commented on his input.
                            I meant to, Fish. Its only just now I realised that I'd quoted one of your posts by mistake. Oops!

Batman - if you want to discuss Sutton, please feel free to start another thread.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Just need Shemp to complete the trio

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                I meant to, Fish. Its only just now I realised that I'd quoted one of your posts by mistake. Oops!

Batman - if you want to discuss Sutton, please feel free to start another thread.
                                I think you should ask that of the person who brought up Sutton indirectly and I don't think they want a full discussion of Sutton here.

I am sure it shall be taken up elsewhere if it goes that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X