No announcement yet.

Dr Barnardo is the Ripper...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the main claim for his candidacy is that he was mentioned in the missing files although no one saw his name.

When is the book out?
    Regards Mike

Comment

Hello everyone,

At the time Gillian Wagner was researching her book on Dr Barnardo, she had been married for over 25 years to Sir Anthony Wagner, and he was one of the most prolific authors of the 20th century on subjects of heraldry and genealogy.
      She has been awarded an OBE and DBE for her commitment to society, and is a well respected author in her field of child welfare and is Vice-President of Britain’s children’s charity –BARNARDOS. I doubt very much she would have stated what she did if her “Private Information”, concerning Dr Barnardo’s inclusion on the suspect list didn’t mean she had got this information from someone officially in the know who wanted to remain anonymous. In fact it is the only source throughout her entire book which receives this special treatment as being “Private” – Wagner is not the sort of person who would just make this up!
      In fact this trumps pretty much any other riff raff writer who has come along during the 1970’s claiming it was this or that who committed those crimes – did they state Sickert, Prince Albert or any other ridiculous suspect as being amongst the suspect list? Quick answer – NO!
      It seems to be that when responsible research is taken for granted in the field of Ripperology, and is pointed out years later – Whoops you missed that one guys! And in particular involves a very unusual but famous suspect people seem to close ranks and assume that this is just a farce! Well sorry it is not.
      Of course this does not mean Dr Barnardo is the killer, I will not be the last to point that out, however I am drawing attention to the fact he was named by someone with huge influence and connections within the “Establishment”, and whose credibility has never been questioned. Not forgetting and I must reiterate, Wagner categorically states Barnardo amongst the suspect list, and this was before the suspect files are officially noted as missing in 1983!
      Hope this is crystal clear, and sufficient for those who should no better than to remain dangling in the realms of fiction and sensationalism – oh by the way Dr Barnardo’s favourite children’s writer was Robert Louis Stevenson – go figure that!

So I believe his name was most assuredly seen and recorded before 1979, and officially stated as such prior to suspect files going missing in 1983. Unfortunately I do not know if Wagner was given any photocopies of such etc, it is by her authority alone which should be sufficient enough. Apart from the suspects noted in the A-Z book from 1991 by Begg, Fido and Skinner, that form the basis of those from the missing suspect list that did get copied before they were most definitely stolen (though Rumbelow likes to state otherwise – typical ex-cop style protecting his own!), it must be considered extremely lucky we know this much so far about Dr Barnardo!

Yet if anyone here can state (which I doubt) any other suspect that has this claim to being included among the list of suspects prior to 1983 by someone of high society status like Wagner – then come hither – it would be of great importance to the field of Ripper studies.

By the way…my book has been put on hold until after the New Year due to commitments…but the truth is coming…and it is scary!

Yours truly,
      A.J
      "The answer your've all been looking for...is here at last!"

Comment

Interesting- another famous suspect is always worth a read..Not to sound sarcastic there- Dr B has always been a bit dodgy in my humble opinion
        Looking forward to the new year publication.. What's the title? (You probably posted earlier but I'm too lazy to go back and check!:/)

LOL Just gone back to check and realised I'd had quite a lot to say! :/:/:/.....OK more details on this book please- even if he's not our man- it must be worth a read
        Last edited by Suzi; 12-06-2009, 07:42 PM.
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

Yet if anyone here can state (which I doubt) any other suspect that has this claim to being included among the list of suspects prior to 1983 by someone of high society status like Wagner – then come hither – it would be of great importance to the field of Ripper studies.
          And that is an argument for what exactly? Because a guy wrote some books about genealogy and heraldry, I have to believe his Ripper theories? If Paul McCartney thought Lewis Carroll did it, does that somehow create validity? Who cares? Insane. Really insane.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

And that is an argument for what exactly? Because a guy wrote some books about genealogy and heraldry, I have to believe his Ripper theories? If Paul McCartney thought Lewis Carroll did it, does that somehow create validity? Who cares? Insane. Really insane.
            It is not an argument per say, but a statement of fact, or rather a challenge of sorts I guess to anyone who may know of other examples.
            I figure from your last post you perhaps missed that point Mike?
            How you can construe anyway that I said Gillian Wagner’s husband had anything to do with any ripper theories is the only really insane thing here!
            Actually your sentiment Mike and that of others is what generally worries me about Ripper studies today, in that it relays a sort of twisted reality where poking fun at celebrities and supplying supposedly fantastic evidence to back up ridiculous theories are the name of the game! My book is not about that…

Regards,
            A.J
            "The answer your've all been looking for...is here at last!"

Comment

So when will we see the book A.J? It can't be any worse than Vanessa Hayes. Oh, speaking of which, did we ever find her or was she really bumped off by Barnardos!?!?! Seriously, I would love to read the new book, just to see what points can be given to prove Barnardo's guilt.
              Best regards,
              Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Working...
              X