The profession of Jack the Ripper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the poster explain please?

"Yes, it is intriguing. And he must have thought so himself, because he changed his MO after Polly Nichols. No more working on the street."

Pardon?
    Mitre Square was and is a street, it was not an enclosed yard. it was an open public thoroughfare.

The Square was also patrolled by two police officers, one of whom actually patrolled the square on his beat, the other officers beat walked down Church Passage and checked the square without entering it.

elamarna

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
      Do you have any valid source supporting such an opinion or is it simply yours?

Sorry Pierre, but as I would have said to any of my friends I just had to come out with the same kind of response you often serve to others. It was too easy. LOL

Ripperology is not only finding the real Ripper. It involves submitting theories, hypotheses not only concerning a specifc suspect but everything directly or indirectly related to the 5C. These proposals also cover the period, the way of life of those living in the East End, etc. Given time, you will find out how so many know so much, more than traditional historians, sociologists, forensic archeologists and many other academics may ever know. Many members went beyond their professional experience or persued it as a hobby or side-line focusing on this single case. They're not paid for doing it, so it's a hobby but not just a hobby it's a passion, the target of their knowhow.

Whenever someone comes up with a 'case closed' affirmation, that's when you discover how and why ripperologists offer us their expertise and openly share it. When an interesting theory is submitted, they quickly identify the strenghs and weaknesses. Approaches may vary, but for the great majority, it's a work in progress. In many cases, authors come up with a proposition only to make a quick buck and ripperologists hate it.

I don't consider myself as a ripperologist, but maybe one day I'll become one. In the meantime, I'm only a writer working among other stories on a Ripper fiction, enjoying such a facinating knowledge basis and admiring those who contribute to it. So please avoid serving comments such as those you made. You are simply revealing the extent of your ignorance of what Ripperolgy really is. It's OK to show us you're trying to do a serious job with your eventual theory and I must say I appreciate it a lot. But never forget, so are others and they deserve your respect.

Respectfully yours,
      Hercule Poirot
      Too bad this forum doesn't have a "Like" button. Well put Hercule.

Comment

• Eddowes had protruding cheekbones and was slim.

Fisherman: You are trying to do an analysis of a body you have never seen and with tools you have never had!
        Fisherman has seen the post mortem photographs of Eddowes and has stated the facts of the matter concerning her appearance and build. I don't always agree with him but the self-evident truth of what he says is blindingly obvious.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Policemen are interesting in that way. They have many comfort zones.
          Interesting in what way, Pierre? What are these 'comfort zones' of which you speak. I'd like to know more.

The uniform is dark blue.
          Fascinating stuff. As a matter of interest, how many police uniforms have you examined close up in order to be so sure on this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
            Do you have any valid source supporting such an opinion or is it simply yours?

Sorry Pierre, but as I would have said to any of my friends I just had to come out with the same kind of response you often serve to others. It was too easy. LOL

Ripperology is not only finding the real Ripper. It involves submitting theories, hypotheses not only concerning a specifc suspect but everything directly or indirectly related to the 5C. These proposals also cover the period, the way of life of those living in the East End, etc. Given time, you will find out how so many know so much, more than traditional historians, sociologists, forensic archeologists and many other academics may ever know. Many members went beyond their professional experience or persued it as a hobby or side-line focusing on this single case. They're not paid for doing it, so it's a hobby but not just a hobby it's a passion, the target of their knowhow.

Sure. It is like music. Or art.

Whenever someone comes up with a 'case closed' affirmation, that's when you discover how and why ripperologists offer us their expertise and openly share it. When an interesting theory is submitted, they quickly identify the strenghs and weaknesses.

Yes, that is the practice. But I will not be like the rest.

Approaches may vary, but for the great majority, it's a work in progress. In many cases, authors come up with a proposition only to make a quick buck and ripperologists hate it.

I don't consider myself as a ripperologist, but maybe one day I'll become one.

I hope not. Because then you must write long catalogues of facts not connected to the killer. And you must sacrifice 30 years or more. That is, if you invite the vampire into your home.

In the meantime, I'm only a writer working among other stories on a Ripper fiction, enjoying such a facinating knowledge basis and admiring those who contribute to it. So please avoid serving comments such as those you made. You are simply revealing the extent of your ignorance of what Ripperolgy really is.

Yes, I am. And I will not sacrifice 30 years for the killer.

It's OK to show us you're trying to do a serious job with your eventual theory and I must say I appreciate it a lot. But never forget, so are others and they deserve your respect.

Sure. And when I have the vampire I will put a stake through its heart so people won´t have to make any more sacrifices. And there will be no more fairy tales about the vampire.

Respectfully yours,
            Hercule Poirot
            Kind regards, Pierre

Comment

• Oh please, Twilight is so 2008!
              “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SuspectZero View Post
                Hi Rosella,
                This of course assumes that Pierre's suspect is a PC who just happens to be living in a mansion. I doubt that Abberline or Reid or others at that level wore uniforms.
                Abberline, Reid and others were indeed plain clothes detectives. However, Pierre's original post stated that a uniformed policeman was looming over Polly Nichols in the process of murdering her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                  Abberline, Reid and others were indeed plain clothes detectives. However, Pierre's original post stated that a uniformed policeman was looming over Polly Nichols in the process of murdering her.
                  Yes indeed. A uniformed policeman in a blue uniform who lives in a mansion. Unless he has personally witnessed this, or has some other corroborative witness to back this statement up this is pure speculation backed by nothing.

Comment

• Whenever someone comes up with a 'case closed' affirmation, that's when you discover how and why ripperologists offer us their expertise and openly share it. When an interesting theory is submitted, they quickly identify the strengths and weaknesses.

Yes, that is the practice. But I will not be like the rest.
                    Pierre, it doesn't surprise me that you are unwilling to offer up your theory for peer review although, if you were indeed a scientist, you would be most familiar with the concept and comfortable with it - unless you were of the opinion that your proposition would not stand up to such scrutiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitechapel View Post
                      Maybe the reason that JTR seems invisible is that he is not seen fleeing along the streets.

Chapman's body was found in Hanbury Street yard

Kelly's body was found in a room in Miller's Court

Btw Colin Wilson claimed to have invented the term 'ripperology' in 1972. We are all ripperologists if we are on this forum.
                      If Jack the Ripper was known to work very late on a Friday night,he might be a familiar figure making his way home late in the morning.

Roughly speaking,Chapman and Kelly could have been murdered around 4am on a Friday night/Saturday morning.
                      That's taking testimonies of Dr. Phillips and Prater into account.

Nichols body was found at 3.40am on a Saturday morning in close proximity to Hanbury Street and the London Hospital.

I am not a Ripperologist.
                      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                        Kind regards, Pierre
                        Given my venerable age of 67, I shall certainly not sacrifice 30 years. You probably didn't know that. LOL

I've been however interested in this case for 7-8 years now and never felt I was sacrificing years or even wasting my time. I don't think I'll be writing a non-fiction Ripper book either, four other book projects are waiting for me. But one thing I know is I'll keep enjoying learning more each day about the Ripper Realm. It's what Ripperology is all about, enjoying it not as a silly game but a great challange. From the moment you feel you've been condemmed to spend 30 years or less in a sort of Ripper cell, it's time to free yourself and forget it.

Cheers,
                        Hercule Poirot

Comment

• What 'comfort zones' are you referring to, Pierre? If you are inferring that your high ranking policeman could just slip unobserved in his quarters at a particular police station to change clothing, then that is simply crazy!

Yes, Pierre, police uniforms are dark blue, and as Monty observed on a previous post, bloodstains would look brown on the material used.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                            Whenever someone comes up with a 'case closed' affirmation, that's when you discover how and why ripperologists offer us their expertise and openly share it. When an interesting theory is submitted, they quickly identify the strengths and weaknesses.
                            No they don't....well not in private.
                            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by SuspectZero View Post
                              Too bad this forum doesn't have a "Like" button. Well put Hercule.
                              Thank you SuspectZero. After reading it, I liked it too. LOL

Hercule Poirot

Comment

• "Sure. And when I have the vampire I will put a stake through its heart so people won´t have to make any more sacrifices. And there will be no more fairy tales about the vampire."

This is the core of the issue Pierre has.
                                He does not consider this to be a fit subject to discuss. his reaction to the murder is very very personal and often very angry.
                                He wishes to impose his view on other people.

If he really thinks that even if he could prove who the killer was that this site and others would disappear he is not existing in world of reality

Elamarna

Comment

Working...
                                X