Jeff Mudgett TED Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Mudgett TED Talk

This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED Conferences. This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently o...

Just found this little gem, it predates the truly awful series he did.
    I particularly like his montage of contemporary images of the ripper that match Holmes, including a sketch of the Johnny Gill crime scene?
    Bonus points if you can get through the full 20 minutes without flying into a rage!
    Thems the Vagaries.....

My issue with the theory that Holmes was JTR is that Holmes was bright. He went to great lengths to conceal his murders. He did not want to get caught. I doubt he would take the chances that Jack took.

Comment

My issue with his theory is that there’s pretty good evidence from multiple sources that H.H. Holmes was in Chicago in the Autumn of 1888 and zero evidence he was anywhere else.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by celee View Post
        My issue with the theory that Holmes was JTR is that Holmes was bright. He went to great lengths to conceal his murders. He did not want to get caught. I doubt he would take the chances that Jack took.
        lol. and yet he got caught and the ripper did not. brilliant comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

It was a botched insurance scam that led to Holmes being caught.

c.d.

Comment

never mind
            Last edited by Abby Normal; 03-01-2020, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

It was a botched insurance scam that led to Holmes being caught.

c.d.
              no **** sherlock. whats your point?

Comment

And yet, thanks to the wonderful hard work of Jeff Mudgett we can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing that "Jack The Ripper" was ultimately brought to justice. Or something. Cheers Jeff.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

no **** sherlock. whats your point?
                  Why such a rude response?

c.d.
                  Last edited by c.d.; 03-01-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Why such a rude response?

c.d.
                    sorry cd. i though you were being intentionally snide to me. apologize if i missed your point.

anyway if you can expound on what you meant then would appreciate it!
                    Last edited by Abby Normal; 03-01-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

sorry cd. i though you were being intentionally snide to me. apologize if i missed your point.

anyway if you can expound on what you meant then would appreciate it!
                      Ok. No problem. I simply meant that had not Holmes tried to be a little too slick and add an insurance scam to his murder that he might have continued on without being caught. The investigation of the insurance scam lead to the search of the so called "Murder Castle."

c.d.

Comment

Ok. No problem. I simply meant that had not Holmes tried to be a little too slick and add an insurance scam to his murder that he might have continued on without being caught. The investigation of the insurance scam lead to the search of the so called "Murder Castle."

c.d.
                        ahhh. got it. yes he was an odd one. mix of killing for financial gain and " pleasure".

Comment

Abby Normal, Jack The Ripper killed on the street. He took great risk the fact that he did not get caught is amazing. He was very fortunate. Holmes went to great lengths not to get caught. He built a hotel to hide his murders and torture his victims. If you can not see the difference in the style of killings fair enough.

Comment

I get the impression Abby see's no similarities at all. When it comes to Herman, style of killing is the least concern. One of the worst candidates for Whitechapel ever. Worse than that, he was a reprehensible, vile, selfish ego maniac who keeps getting notoriety because people like Jeff keep promoting him for their own ends.
                            I'm not a fan.
                            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                              I get the impression Abby see's no similarities at all. When it comes to Herman, style of killing is the least concern. One of the worst candidates for Whitechapel ever. Worse than that, he was a reprehensible, vile, selfish ego maniac who keeps getting notoriety because people like Jeff keep promoting him for their own ends.
                              I'm not a fan.
                              yes-except for the fact that they were both serial killers, they were totally different in almost every aspect.

Comment

Working...
                              X