No announcement yet.

Would you tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how secret it all is,wasn't there a former head of the Met on a lecture tour revealing the ripper was AK?
    All the best.

Comment

Oh no, C4. I hope you're joking. I find it rather annoying when people play that game - especially on new members.

Best wishes,
      Steve.

PS You could probably feel even smugger if you published. I would.

Comment

I certainly don't feel smug as I don't claim to know anymore than you guys do. In fact I know a lot less in all likelihood as I have only just started researching the case myself (beginning with Rumbelow's The Complete Jack the Ripper - any other book recommendations would be greatly appreciated). I didn't expect such hostility for merely passing on information that I openly admitted is not guaranteed fact, merely the opinion of a few individuals. I had hoped to spark debate and learn more myself about the case.

Comment

Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
          I'm not sure how secret it all is,wasn't there a former head of the Met on a lecture tour revealing the ripper was AK?
          All the best.
          I wasn't aware of that, but thanks for telling me. I only meant that the information wasn't meant to be divulged by me rather than it actually being secret per se.

Comment

I'm not 100% but I think it was Sir Ian Blair, The Ripper wasn't the main topic but a final revelation,I dont know if there was any evidence produced as such.
            Whoever it was also said some very unkind things about ripperologists,something along the lines of they have always known it was AK but perpetuate The Ripper myth for personal gain,something I'm sure the lads who clocked up the miles back in the day and who worked their B's off to find the information we now have appreciated no end.
            All the best.

Comment

I'm not 100% but I think it was Sir Ian Blair, The Ripper wasn't the main topic but a final revelation,I dont know if there was any evidence produced as such.
              Whoever it was also said some very unkind things about ripperologists,something along the lines of they have always known it was AK but perpetuate The Ripper myth for personal gain,something I'm sure the lads who clocked up the miles back in the day and who worked their B's off to find the information we now have appreciated no end.
              All the best.
              Interesting. Thanks for filling me in on that. It seems that a lot of modern day police officials place the blame squarely on Aaron Kosminski then. About the personal gain, surely a lot of money would be made if an individual came out and revealed the information and evidence? This is why I don't understand why someone hasn't - unless of course the information is incorrect.

Comment

Yes, I was joking. Anything I could back up has been posted, honest!

Best wishes,
                C4

Comment

Hello all,

It is not news to me that Met Police Officers are spreading the word about AK being JTR. Ever since the Swanson Marginalia was exhibited at the museum there, every officer on tour gets told it. I have that on first hand authority from two old friends, one ex-beat Met and one ex-CID.

There is no other known "proof", of any sort, according to my two friends, in existance, re Kosminski. The JTR label relies solely upon the Swanson Marginalia exhibition.

Of course, should there be some proof, then we can all pack up and go home. It doesn't surprise me that there is some sort of financial gain behind it either, as has been suggested, to keep the pot boiling. (Note not my suggestion)

There is no secret. If the Met convince themselves that they hold the "secret"..based on a well known exhibit, it only shows how silly the whole situation has become. It isn't only the Met who know about the Marginalia....

Back to the thread folks. False alarm.

best wishes

Phil
                  Last edited by Phil Carter; 08-27-2012, 03:17 PM.
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                    Hello all,

It is not news to me that Met Police Officers are spreading the word about AK being JTR. Ever since the Swanson Marginalia was exhibited there, every officer on tour gets told it. I have that on first hand authority from two old friends, one ex-beat Met and one ex-CID.

There is no other known "proof", of any sort, according to my two friends, in existance, re Kosminski. The JTR label relies solely upon the Swanson Marginalia exhibition.

Of course, should there be some proof, then we can all pack up and go home. It doesn't surprise me that there is some sort of financial gain behind it either, as has been suggested, to keep the pot boiling. (Note not my suggestion)

There is no secret. If the Met convince themselves that they hold the "secret"..based on a well known exhibit, it only shows how silly the whole situation has become. It isn't only the Met who know about the Marginalia....

Back to the thread folks. False alarm.

best wishes

Phil
                    Thank you for clearing that up. Like I say I'm new to the case and thought it worthy of discussion.

Comment

Hello Steven,

And most welcome to the genre you are too! Yes, an interesting discussion indeed. Sorry to perhaps pour any water on the flames... it's just something that both of my friends have heard for quite a few years, and got told it themselves, along with every other officer and ex-officer that visited the Black Museum.

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Relax Phil,

You and the other anti Kosminskites need not fret, we know the score.

My experience is that the Police of today have little knowledge of the case nor do they care really. They way they treat history is criminal, pun intended.

As Don Rumbelow states, Police Authorities make the worst historians.

Though the allegation of 'financial gain' is not fair Phil. Such comments should be supported by evidence.

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hello Monty,

I didnt make the claim my friend.. sorry.

It was hinted at earlier in the thread.

"The way they treat history is criminal"...

Now that made me laugh. Nice pun!

I am only relating what I have been told, from quite a few years ago too, from the inside.
                          When one of them first went there and was told, he rang me pro tem... and I said.. Oh?..Really?... and he was quite let down that he hadnt the info of all info...lol

best wishes

Phil
                          Last edited by Phil Carter; 08-27-2012, 03:25 PM.
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

All the best.
                            Robert Milne, the former Head of Forensics at New Scotland Yard, who was with the Met Police for forty years, is currently giving a lecture revealing the Ripper was George Chapman. He has given the presentation at the International Identity Conference in Canada, and at various places in the UK, and tells me he has bookings to repeat it this year and next year.

Helena
                            Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
                              Robert Milne, the former Head of Forensics at New Scotland Yard, who was with the Met Police for forty years, is currently giving a lecture revealing the Ripper was George Chapman. He has given the presentation at the International Identity Conference in Canada, and at various places in the UK, and tells me he has bookings to repeat it this year and next year.

Helena
                              Hello Helena,

And I suppose he has proof of all this?

Or......

best wishes

Phil
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                                Hello Steven,

And most welcome to the genre you are too! Yes, an interesting discussion indeed. Sorry to perhaps pour any water on the flames... it's just something that both of my friends have heard for quite a few years, and got told it themselves, along with every other officer and ex-officer that visited the Black Museum.

best wishes

Phil
                                If anything you have raised my interest in the case and the potential suspects. So thanks for that. There is nothing like a mystery!

Comment

Working...
                                X