Steve
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      ...or E Dunnett...
      ↑↑↑↑
      I didn't make him up, by the way
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by honey View Post
        whenever i read a book about JTR, i always think. "yep, this is definately it" ... until i read the next one
        Quite the reverse with me. Whenever I read a suspect-based book, I think: "What's that??! Doesn't work!"
        I admit I was impressed by the Sun articles about Cutbush at the time I read them. But the subsequent literature about him did not strengthen the first impression.
        Now I'm almost in agreement with Fisherman.
        I see Tabram as a JtR victim.
        About Stride, I still have doubts, but in my opinion, BSM could very well be the man seen and described by Lawende...
        And I believe that the man who called himself Hutchinson at the police station was in fact Jo Fleming.
        I think Jack is Flemtchinson.

Amitiés,
        David

Comment

Just finished Mike Holgate's "JTR The Celebrity Suspects" and I came away thinking it was none of them!

I came into the case believing it was Robert D'Onston Stephenson, but only because I had read "Black Magic Rituals", over the course of 2 years, and being able to research the suspect, looking at primary sources and not conjecture and hearsay, my mind is changed.

I really don't have a suspect at the moment, and my research is, at the moment, into Hull's newspapers from the period. I leave my options open, and I am quite happy to help with other people's research into their suspects when I have free time.
          Regards Mike

Comment

I think it was a Berner Street Club member or associate if Stride is a Ripper victim. If not, I think it was Diemschutz' pony, who was not an official member.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
              I think it was a Berner Street Club member or associate if Stride is a Ripper victim. If not, I think it was Diemschutz' pony, who was not an official member.

Mike
              No one would have suspected the horse!
              Regards Mike

Comment

Mike,

Did I mention that it was possessed by the spirit of Spring-Heel jack? No one ever believes that for some reason.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

Hello

My main suspect is Mr Blotchy.

He was the last reliable witness sighting with Kelly, and his description tallies with Sarah Lewis` loitering man.

The sunburnt/blotchy man has appeared before in the Ripper saga, and could also match Lawende`s Church Passage man.

Blotchy was never accounted for by the Police and never came forward, and despite his distinctive appearance was never traced.

Although he didn`t seem to be bothered by being clocked by Mrs Cox, Church Passage man, Mrs Long man, or even BS Man didn`t abort mission either.

Comment

My memory has failed me. Did Barnett tell the police about Mary's relationship with Fleming?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                      If not, I think it was Diemschutz' pony, who was not an official member...
                      True, he was only associated to the club.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Hi CD
                        Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                        My memory has failed me. Did Barnett tell the police about Mary's relationship with Fleming?
                        Barnett cerainly knew, and stated, that Fleming was a plasterer from Bethnal Green Road, and that Kelly was fond of him. Whether he knew of the alleged "ill-use" aspect of the relationship is another matter.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by The Good Michael
                          If not, I think it was Diemschutz' pony, who was not an official member...

True, he was only associated to the club.

Love this!Made me
                          I'd say we still have plenty of legs left in this thread.I was reading the Melvin Harris book about Stephenson last night and am now convinced it's him.Doh!! BTW convinced it's Stephenson not Harris
                          Steve
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            Hi CDBarnett cerainly knew, and stated, that Fleming was a plasterer from Bethnal Green Road, and that Kelly was fond of him. Whether he knew of the alleged "ill-use" aspect of the relationship is another matter.
                            Hi Sam,

Thanks for that. It seems that between Barnett and Mary's friends, the police should have gotten a decent description of Fleming and should have been able to track him down. I would hope that the police could have put two and two together and come to the conclusion that Fleming would be a person of interest. Yet, there is no record of Fleming being questioned is there?

Comment

Hi CD,

I would hope that the police could have put two and two together and come to the conclusion that Fleming would be a person of interest
                              Me too. Regrettably, there would have been several major obstacles to any investigating officer attempting to track down Fleming for an interview. He had only moved into the district in August 1888 and was a known user of the alias "James Evans". We don't know if anyone had a physical description of Fleming. Julia Venturney stated that she'd never seen him, and we've no evidence that Barnett had either.

All the best,
                              Ben

Comment

Thanks for that, Ben. I didn't know that he went by an alias.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X