Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Blotchy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    he Press Association:
    Although no evidence was produced at the inquest as to her having left her room after one o'clock, at which time she was heard singing, the police have obtained statements from several persons who reside in Millers Court, that she was out of her house and in Dorset street between two and three o'clock. It appears almost certain that her life was taken about the last named hour.
    Sheffield Evening Telegraph, Dundee Courier, Nottingham Evening Post, Morning Advertiser, Irish Times, Nov 14th 1888.


    However none of them were called to the inquest and we haven’t seen any of their names. The only one to go on the record is the man I always called Kudzu because he always ends up in every discussion. Hutchinson in my opinion is not a credible witness. The only other witness who goes on record to put her out and about is Caroline Maxwell who has her alive and sicking at 8.00 am the next day. I’m pretty sure those ‘other inhabitants’ would be happy to chat to a journalist for the price of a gin or three and their story would be more attractive if they had seen her that night...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      The Press Association:
      Although no evidence was produced at the inquest as to her having left her room after one o'clock, at which time she was heard singing, the police have obtained statements from several persons who reside in Millers Court, that she was out of her house and in Dorset street between two and three o'clock. It appears almost certain that her life was taken about the last named hour.
      Sheffield Evening Telegraph, Dundee Courier, Nottingham Evening Post, Morning Advertiser, Irish Times, Nov 14th 1888.

      There is so much that we do not know.
      But there were also several witnesses who claim to have seen her much later that morning. How much stock can we place in this?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jerryd View Post
        Hi RSD,

        John Arnold does fit many witness descriptions. Also, interesting in his story is the young man Joseph Isaacs, as Michael Richards has put his name forth in regard to A-Man I think. And another man named Dennis Lynch.
        jerry, joseph isaacs is in john arnold's story?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
          jerry, joseph isaacs is in john arnold's story?
          No, he wasn't. I worded that badly. I was interested in his arrest location in regard to the Arnold story with Dennis Lynch and John (C)Leary.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Harry D View Post
            But there were also several witnesses who claim to have seen her much later that morning. How much stock can we place in this?
            Fair point Harry, but the whole JTR case is mired in conflicting testimonies, dubious witnesses etc.

            In many ways the JTR case is much like any major multiple/serial murder case in that by accepting certain specific testimonies and standpoints anyone can put forward a "plausible" theory.

            The "A6 Rebooted" thread on these boards is a case in point.
            People argue various points, testimonies and scientific evidence on the A6 thread, however it is surely a futile exercise, in that all the evidence points clearly to Hanratty.

            We can dance round the maypole on the JTR case, however, if we employ "Occam's Razor" a lot of the so called evidence and testimonies simply vanish.

            In my opinion,again using "Occam's Razor", Blotchy emerges from the mist as one of only 2 plausible suspects who could be JTR, the other being Kosminski, on the basis of the Swanson Marginalia.

            If we look at the JTR case through the prism of "what is the simplest, most likely solution?", we end up with Blotchy and Kosminski.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
              Fair point Harry, but the whole JTR case is mired in conflicting testimonies, dubious witnesses etc.

              In many ways the JTR case is much like any major multiple/serial murder case in that by accepting certain specific testimonies and standpoints anyone can put forward a "plausible" theory.

              The "A6 Rebooted" thread on these boards is a case in point.
              People argue various points, testimonies and scientific evidence on the A6 thread, however it is surely a futile exercise, in that all the evidence points clearly to Hanratty.

              We can dance round the maypole on the JTR case, however, if we employ "Occam's Razor" a lot of the so called evidence and testimonies simply vanish.

              In my opinion,again using "Occam's Razor", Blotchy emerges from the mist as one of only 2 plausible suspects who could be JTR, the other being Kosminski, on the basis of the Swanson Marginalia.

              If we look at the JTR case through the prism of "what is the simplest, most likely solution?", we end up with Blotchy and Kosminski.
              Hi Barn
              This is an interesting post. and I pretty much agree with you. I do have blotchy and Kos in my top tier of valid suspects, along with several others.

              However, if you include Blotchy, then why not Aman? as a matter of fact I never see Aman posited as a serious suspect on here. never. why is that?

              If hutch was telling the truth-you have to include Aman (especially if you include Blotchy). Surely he must be the best suspect, and hutch the best witness, no?

              so why dosnt anyone ever include Aman? Ill tell you why-because no one really believes hutchs story thats why. If they did believe Hutch, and a lot of people on here apparently do believe his story (yet weirdly, these same people never tout Aman as a viable suspect), they should include Aman.

              and if hutch was lying about Aman he has to be considered a suspect.
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

              -Edgar Allan Poe


              "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

              -Frederick G. Abberline

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                Hi Barn
                This is an interesting post. and I pretty much agree with you. I do have blotchy and Kos in my top tier of valid suspects, along with several others.

                However, if you include Blotchy, then why not Aman? as a matter of fact I never see Aman posited as a serious suspect on here. never. why is that?
                Hi Abby.

                In my view, Astrachan is not a suspect because Mrs Kennedy saw Kelly outside the Britannia about 3:00 am.
                Kelly was murdered after 3 o'clock, around the time of the cry of "murder".
                Regards, Jon S.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                  Hi Abby.

                  In my view, Astrachan is not a suspect because Mrs Kennedy saw Kelly outside the Britannia about 3:00 am.
                  Kelly was murdered after 3 o'clock, around the time of the cry of "murder".
                  Hi wicky
                  so hutch was lying IYO? or mary went out after Aman? please explain.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

                  -Edgar Allan Poe


                  "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                  -Frederick G. Abberline

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                    If we look at the JTR case through the prism of "what is the simplest, most likely solution?", we end up with Blotchy and Kosminski.
                    Kosminski is as bad a suspect as Druitt. Accused by officials many years after-the-fact. Absolutely no evidence of any kind to place either of them anywhere near a crime scene.
                    Druitt even has the edge over Kosminski because of the supposed "confession" letter. No such accusation exists for Kosminski, and Kos was only 23 at the time, far too young for any of the witness description accounts.
                    Regards, Jon S.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                      Hi wicky
                      so hutch was lying IYO? or mary went out after Aman? please explain.
                      Mary went out after Aman, someone bought her fish and chips.
                      Regards, Jon S.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Chava View Post

                        However none of them were called to the inquest and we haven’t seen any of their names.
                        "We", don't need to see their names.
                        This report indicates the police had their names. This round of interviews must have been warranted due to Hutchinson coming forward with his story on the 12th. So on the 13th?, the police interviewed all the residents, then the story appears on the 14th, as it did.

                        They wouldn't be called to the inquest because Maxwell, who was, said Kelly was alive at 9 o'clock Friday morning, plus the earliest time she could have been killed was after 3 o'clock that morning. These witnesses are confirming Hutchinson's story, which was not known at the time of the inquest.
                        Last edited by Wickerman; 11-28-2017, 03:15 PM.
                        Regards, Jon S.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          "We", don't need to see their names.
                          This report indicates the police had their names. This round of interviews must have been warranted due to Hutchinson coming forward with his story on the 12th. So on the 13th?, the police interviewed all the residents, then the story appears on the 14th, as it did.

                          They wouldn't be called to the inquest because Maxwell, who was, said Kelly was alive at 9 o'clock Friday morning, plus the earliest time she could have been killed was after 3 o'clock that morning. These witnesses are confirming Hutchinson's story, which was not known at the time of the inquest.
                          Why wast Maurice Lewis called though???
                          G U T

                          There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            Mary went out after Aman, someone bought her fish and chips.
                            So Barnett, hutch, blotchy, Aman and misterX ?!? Wow busy girl.

                            But seriously, why couldn’t she had fish and chips with blotchy?
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

                            -Edgar Allan Poe


                            "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                            -Frederick G. Abberline

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              Kosminski is as bad a suspect as Druitt. Accused by officials many years after-the-fact. Absolutely no evidence of any kind to place either of them anywhere near a crime scene.
                              Druitt even has the edge over Kosminski because of the supposed "confession" letter. No such accusation exists for Kosminski, and Kos was only 23 at the time, far too young for any of the witness description accounts.
                              Nah. Three police name him and he’s the only suspect with any kind of direct evidence... the possible positive ID. Age would be hard to determine, he could have looked older than his years.

                              Druit has nothing going for him but rumors of rumors.
                              "Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

                              -Edgar Allan Poe


                              "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                              -Frederick G. Abberline

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                                "We", don't need to see their names.
                                This report indicates the police had their names. This round of interviews must have been warranted due to Hutchinson coming forward with his story on the 12th. So on the 13th?, the police interviewed all the residents, then the story appears on the 14th, as it did.

                                They wouldn't be called to the inquest because Maxwell, who was, said Kelly was alive at 9 o'clock Friday morning, plus the earliest time she could have been killed was after 3 o'clock that morning. These witnesses are confirming Hutchinson's story, which was not known at the time of the inquest.
                                The earliest she could have been killed was around one am.
                                "Is all that we see or seem
                                but a dream within a dream?"

                                -Edgar Allan Poe


                                "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                                -Frederick G. Abberline

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X