Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite suspect/s?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by John G View Post
    Francis Thompson. I'll give my reasons when I've a bit more time!
    me too. Ive always found him an intriguing character.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

    -Edgar Allan Poe


    "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

    -Frederick G. Abberline

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
      Hi Abby,

      Cream has been ruled out (tough he was in Joliet Prison at the time), but I said as a Criminal Historian, studying his career is interesting.

      Deeming was all over the globe in 1888, but the story about him being on a ship in Suez or such seems moonshine. That does mean much, though (you'll note I have strong reservations about him). I am under the impression he was in London in October 1888, and may have been responsible for the double event. But I'd put more faith in jumping off a cliff tied to a bungy cord (secured to a strong tree) than on "Mad Fred's" guilt.

      Mary Eleanor Wheeler Pearcy was a woman who resided in London in 1890 near Hampstead. She hated her successful rival Phoebe Hogg (who married Frank Hogg, whom had also dated Mary), and arranged the visit of Phoebe with her baby to the Hampstead abode. There she attacked and killed Phoebe very bloodily, put Phoebe's body on top of the baby girl's (who was smothered as a result) and after dark transported the two corpses in the parambulator to a dropping off point on the Heath. They were discovered the next day, and the crime was initially ascribed to the Ripper in some newspapers, but soon the identity of the victims led the police to Mrs. Pearcy's home. There they found her walls bespattered by blood, and while questioning her (she appears to have been playing the piano while questioned) asked the cause of the blood. They got the historical answer, "I've been killing mice, killing mice, killing mice!" She was arrested, tried for the two murders, found guilty, and executed. Hogg refused to visit her in prison, which depressed her. Before her death she had her solicitor put an add in some newspaper, that was addressed by her (using her initials) to him or her (using his or her initials) saying that she had not betrayed the recipient or this particular message. F. Tennyson Jesse in her account of the Pearcy-Hogg Tragedy (in her "Murder and It's Motives" which also has a good account on Cream) feels that the lady may have just read of this done in some novel and copied it (that there was no particular recipient who would appreciate and understand it). As you can see, the "Ripper" connection is vague at best, and was quickly dropped when the actual connection of Mrs. Pearcy and her victim found. But occasionally she pops up as a suspect as "Jill the Ripper" because Phoebe Hogg was so horribly killed and Mrs. Pearcy had been (and perhaps still was) a prostitute.

      Her only rival for possible "Jill the Ripper" among known female murder suspects is the 1896 baby farmer murderer,. Mrs. Anna Dyer. But Mrs. Dyer did concentrate only on babies. She also just strangled them.

      Jeff
      Thanks mayer
      fascinating.
      however, I totally discount that the ripper was female.

      And until someone can show Deming was in London during the times of the murder hes out IMHO.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

      -Edgar Allan Poe


      "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

      -Frederick G. Abberline

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Thanks!
        If his crimes were committed in 1891-why did the sun take so long to report them?
        No you misunderstand I think Abby, the Sun was not reporting his crimes, it was a series of articles claiming that he was JtR, and that he was safely under lock and key.


        steve

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
          No you misunderstand I think Abby, the Sun was not reporting his crimes, it was a series of articles claiming that he was JtR, and that he was safely under lock and key.


          steve
          got it-thanks!!
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

          -Edgar Allan Poe


          "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

          -Frederick G. Abberline

          Comment


          • #20
            Hi.
            I would say at the time of Mary Kelly's death, the killer was living in Dorset street, maybe the same for the others.
            I would say that he made contact with Mary Kelly in daylight hours Nov 9th, having lost his chance during the hours of darkness, because of her picking up Astrakhan man.
            Who the man was I have no idea, apart from him having prior knowledge of Kelly.
            Regards Richard.

            Comment


            • #21
              Ok I'll play.....

              But let it be clear in my book A.N. Other is in front by a country mile, with daylight second.

              First I believe the contemporary police suspects need to be cleared first, the police of the day had all the material we don't, so in that category..

              Kozminski (whoever that was)

              Tumblety (I'm one who is convinced he was a suspect, not convinced he was a ripper)

              Druitt (what was that private information, why did his family think, but why did Macnaghten get so much wrong in the MM)

              Leather Apron


              Then if they were all cleared killers

              Bury

              Kelly

              Deeming (if I can prove he was in England, and again what was in the autobiography he wrote in his last days)

              Dr Cream

              It seems to have become a trend to try and point the proverbial finger at witnesses and famous figures of the day, I suspect simply because they have names that can be used rather than being Mr(s) Unknown.
              G U T

              There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by GUT View Post
                Ok I'll play.....

                But let it be clear in my book A.N. Other is in front by a country mile, with daylight second.

                First I believe the contemporary police suspects need to be cleared first, the police of the day had all the material we don't, so in that category..

                Kozminski (whoever that was)

                Tumblety (I'm one who is convinced he was a suspect, not convinced he was a ripper)

                Druitt (what was that private information, why did his family think, but why did Macnaghten get so much wrong in the MM)

                Leather Apron


                Then if they were all cleared killers

                Bury

                Kelly

                Deeming (if I can prove he was in England, and again what was in the autobiography he wrote in his last days)

                Dr Cream

                It seems to have become a trend to try and point the proverbial finger at witnesses and famous figures of the day, I suspect simply because they have names that can be used rather than being Mr(s) Unknown.
                Thanks GUT

                Again, I know there may be some question about deeming whereabouts but CReam was in prison, so he's ruled out no?
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

                -Edgar Allan Poe


                "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                -Frederick G. Abberline

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                  Hi.
                  I would say at the time of Mary Kelly's death, the killer was living in Dorset street, maybe the same for the others.
                  I would say that he made contact with Mary Kelly in daylight hours Nov 9th, having lost his chance during the hours of darkness, because of her picking up Astrakhan man.
                  Who the man was I have no idea, apart from him having prior knowledge of Kelly.
                  Regards Richard.
                  Hi Richard
                  Why such a nebulous idea? A man who lived in Dorset street? Please elaborate.

                  BTW I agree that Mary and her killer were probably known to each other.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

                  -Edgar Allan Poe


                  "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                  -Frederick G. Abberline

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    Thanks GUT

                    Again, I know there may be some question about deeming whereabouts but CReam was in prison, so he's ruled out no?
                    Probably... but then again...
                    G U T

                    There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      First Tier
                      A.N.Other, Jacob Levy, Aaron Kosminski,

                      Second Tier
                      Druitt, Tumblety, Kelly

                      Third Tier
                      McCarthy (no idea why - just generally suspicious of him)

                      Fourth Tier
                      All the rest...all no chance

                      Cheers

                      Dave
                      Last edited by Cogidubnus; 03-03-2017, 05:03 PM. Reason: Forgot Kelly...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Henry Gawen Sutton.
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                          First Tier
                          A.N.Other, Jacob Levy, Aaron Kosminski,

                          Second Tier
                          Druitt, Tumblety, Kelly

                          Third Tier
                          McCarthy (no idea why - just generally suspicious of him)

                          Fourth Tier
                          All the rest...all no chance

                          Cheers

                          Dave
                          Hi Dave

                          I'm not convinced that anyone could say there is no chance Bury couldn't be the Ripper. A proven wife murderer with a near identical M.O. to Jack. Strangulation followed by post mortem mutilation.

                          Cheers John

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                            Hi Dave

                            I'm not convinced that anyone could say there is no chance Bury couldn't be the Ripper. A proven wife murderer with a near identical M.O. to Jack. Strangulation followed by post mortem mutilation.

                            Cheers John
                            And,of course, he may have confessed: "Jack Ripper is at the back of this door;" "Jack Ripper is in this seller [sic]."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by John G View Post
                              And,of course, he may have confessed: "Jack Ripper is at the back of this door;" "Jack Ripper is in this seller [sic]."
                              Good point John.

                              Cheers John

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Well what did Packer (or was it the Police) have against Mr Lusk?
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X