A major breakthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
    As a wonderful example of the quality of Pierre's research, it is instructive to consider what he said in his "I think I have found him thread" on 20 September 2015, at #214:

"I have found a letter written by him giving information that only the killer could have and published before the crime. He gives a lot of information in this letter and he does not sign it "Jack the Ripper". He tells us where and when and who. No one seem to have noticed it. But it was in the paper."

For some people, this might have sounded very impressive but it turned out to be nothing more than a letter written to newspapers by someone (signing as Gogmagog), evidently on behalf of the City of London Corporation, to encourage Londoners to attend the Lord Mayor's parade (or procession) on 9 November. It had nothing whatsoever to do with Jack the Ripper and did not, in fact, contain any information that only the killer could have known.

It shows how Pierre is capable, and culpable, of misunderstanding documentary evidence in the most extraordinary way.
    Hi David,

You do everything you can now to destroy everything I write here. You are actually desperate.

Therefore, from now on, I will be more restrictive with information in the forum, since you systematically try to destroy it.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      Hello, John G.,

Well, perhaps I do, as I have only a layman's knowledge of psychology. Thank you for the polite reply, and for the links.

By the way, have you read "The Psychopath Test: A Journey through the Madness Industry" by Jon Ronson?

Is there a definitive line that divides crazy from sane? With a hair-raising delivery, Jon Ronson, author of The Psychopath Test, illuminates the gray areas between the two. (With live-mixed sound by Julian Treasure and animation by Evan Grant.)

I found it very entertaining and informative, and enjoyed it very much.
      Hi PC Dunn,

Thanks for the links. I haven't read the information before, so I'll certainly take a look at it.

I've been interested in the issue of mental lllness for some time. What astounded me, when I first studied the subject academically, was how few mental health conditions, however debilitating, are underpinned by biological evidence.

Big Pharma is another big issue, particularly as they have a vested interest in promoting drugs for these conditions: drugs that might not actually work, at least in the long term, and may have major side effects.

Comment

• [QUOTE=John G;395725][QUOTE=Pcdunn;395723][QUOTE=John G;395652]
        Originally posted by jerryd View Post

There is also the question as to whether the condition exists at all in an objective sense- there is certainly no biomedical proof- and it therefore may be socially constructed. As Dr Peter Barglow put it: "...an amorphous disease category with indistinct conceptual boundaries and without a firm biological foundation." See:

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/we_can...tter_diagnosis
        What are you doing, John? That was not originally posted by me.

Comment

• [QUOTE=John G;395725][QUOTE=Pcdunn;395723][QUOTE=John G;395652]
          Originally posted by jerryd View Post

There is also the question as to whether the condition exists at all in an objective sense- there is certainly no biomedical proof- and it therefore may be socially constructed. As Dr Peter Barglow put it: "...an amorphous disease category with indistinct conceptual boundaries and without a firm biological foundation." See:

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/we_can...tter_diagnosis
          Well, thanks John, but you have referred to an article about narcissistic personlity disorder, and not to an article about "grandiose delusions", which is the concept we discussed.

You initially wrote: "...are you aware that grandiose delusions are a symptom of a number of personality disorders?

So letīs call it "GD" for grandiose delusions and what types of PD:s (personality disorders) are GD a symptom of?

That is, if you know something about it. I donīt.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
            Well, thanks John, but you have referred to an article about narcissistic personlity disorder, and not to an article about "grandiose delusions", which is the concept we discussed.

You initially wrote: "...are you aware that grandiose delusions are a symptom of a number of personality disorders?

So letīs call it "GD" for grandiose delusions and what types of PD:s (personality disorders) are GD a symptom of?

That is, if you know something about it. I donīt.

Regards, Pierre
            Hi Pierre,

Well this is a bit of a surprise. It appears that psychology is one of the few degrees you don't possess.

A grandiose sense of importance is a classic symptom of narcissistic personality disorder, although I suppose for the individual with this condition, they are not delusions.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;395791][QUOTE=John G;395725][QUOTE=Pcdunn;395723]
              Originally posted by John G View Post

What are you doing, John? That was not originally posted by me.
              I know, that's why it says "originally posted by Jerry D."

Comment

from now on, I will be more restrictive with information in the forum
                Well done Pierre, that's your funniest joke yet.

Comment

• [QUOTE=John G;395794][QUOTE=Pierre;395791][QUOTE=John G;395725]
                  Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

I know, that's why it says "originally posted by Jerry D."
                  Wasn't posted by me either. He has messed up his quotes somehow.

Comment

Well done Pierre, that's your funniest joke yet.
                    I've stated it before, and I'll state it again: Pierre has absolutely no sense of irony.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jerryd;395797][QUOTE=John G;395794][QUOTE=Pierre;395791]
                      Originally posted by John G View Post

Wasn't posted by me either. He has messed up his quotes somehow.
                      Not sure what's happening, but could I be suffering from a major malfunction?

Actually, this hasn't come out properly either. Maybe it's the quote function that's malfunctioning.

Hey, that rhymed!

Comment

Pierre, in a post in the "I think I have found him thread" on 23 September 2015, #333, you said:

"If I canīt give that answer conclusively by having the last piece of evidence in 12 months (Iīm not going to spend more time on it) you will get the theory and data here so you can try it yourselves."

So, over 12 months later, I have one question for you:

Why did you lie?
                        Pierre - just to repeat the post for you with the question which you have ignored.

To remind you, I was asking why you lied.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                          Hi Pierre,

Well this is a bit of a surprise. It appears that psychology is one of the few degrees you don't possess.

A grandiose sense of importance is a classic symptom of narcissistic personality disorder, although I suppose for the individual with this condition, they are not delusions.
                          What?

I have my degrees within the field of history and the social sciences. How come you think you can give this false information about me in this forum, John?

I do not accept that. I have told everyone here what my degrees are, and you are not in any position to put words in my mouth. Stop it.

As for the rest you write here: it is obvious to me that you know nothing about it. If you do, please give relevant references.

Pierre

Comment

I have my degrees within the field of history and the social sciences.
                            That's a little strange.

On 6 October 2015, you posted, "I'm a scientist."

Can one be a scientist if one has only studied in the field of the social sciences?

It's an interesting question.

Comment

Pierre - just to repeat the post for you with the question which you have ignored.

To remind you, I was asking why you lied.
                              I do not lie, David. But sometimes I, like you and the rest of humanity, change my mind.

Comment

I do not lie, David. But sometimes I, like you and the rest of humanity, change my mind.
                                Ah, I see, you changed your mind did you.

And why, pray, have you changed your mind?

Comment

Working...
                                X