Mock trial for Bury Feb 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    Boys, you didn,t get the result you wanted, live with it.
    The contemporary court were reluctant to hang Bury and they still found him guilty.

Bury was a violent drunkard who had previous for assaulting his wife. But these plebs believed she strangled herself, and Bury just happened to stab the body and conceal it for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      Bury was a violent drunkard who had previous for assaulting his wife. But these plebs believed she strangled herself, and Bury just happened to stab the body and conceal it for no good reason.
      I must be one of them plebs, then, because I don't find that in the least unbelievable.

He was a violent drunkard, like you say, so why couldn't he have come home pissed and, finding his wife had killed herself, flipped and "lost his rag" with her one final time?

I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's certainly not unlikely.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        I must be one of them plebs, then, because I don't find that in the least unbelievable.

He was a violent drunkard, like you say, so why couldn't he have come home pissed and, finding his wife had killed herself, flipped and "lost his rag" with her one final time?

I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's certainly not unlikely.
        Hi sam
        IMHO that scnenario is unlikely to the point of absurdity.

Comment

Thats better John, you're probably wrong but dont let it put you off arguing for him as you often do.

All the best

Steve
          Hi el.
          If he’s probably wrong then it has to do with the fact that ALL ripper suspects are probably wrong, since they’re all relatively weak. However, Bury is one of the least weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            Hi sam
            I really, really don't understand why anyone could find that unlikely, Abby, still less absurd.

Confession time. I've smashed $hit up when angry and drunk, and I won't have been the only one to do that. On that basis, I can't see why a wife-beater like Bury couldn't have smashed his wife up after death.

PS: I don't get angry or drunk any more. That was decades ago, in my rebellious years
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I really, really don't understand why anyone could find that unlikely, Abby, still less absurd.

Confession time. I've smashed $hit up when angry and drunk, and I won't have been the only one to do that. On that basis, I can't see why a wife-beater like Bury couldn't have smashed his wife up after death.

PS: I don't get angry or drunk any more. That was decades ago, in my rebellious years
              I was angry and drunk last night as I had bet on and wanted the patriots to win. Lol!

Comment

I was angry and drunk last night as I had bet on and wanted the patriots to win
                Still, Howard Brown should be happy with the result, unless he's a secret Patriots supporter too
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Funny how you aren't this open-minded when it comes to Bury being the Ripper, but you can dream up absurd scenarios like this.

Comment

The verdict is fool’s gold for the many people in and around this case who are having trouble coming to terms with the forensic and other evidence linking Bury to the Ripper murders. I’ve read through the Dundee Courier tweets on the trial, and I’m very pleased with the outcome. While it’s true that the jury acquitted Bury in a split decision, the important news coming out of the trial is that no modern medical evidence was presented which excluded the possibility that Bury murdered Ellen. Well, shortly after his last chance at a reprieve had been denied by Lord Lothian, Bury removed all doubt by confessing to the murder, and being the nice guy that he was, he blamed Ellen for her own murder. So all in all, a very positive outcome from the retrial, and I’d like to thank Adam Wood for drawing attention to it in his editorial in the new issue of Ripperologist.
                    “When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

William Bury, Victorian Murderer
                    http://www.williambury.org

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                      Funny how you aren't this open-minded when it comes to Bury being the Ripper, but you can dream up absurd scenarios like this.
                      It is NOT an absurd scenario!
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Hi sam
                        Hi Abby/Sam

It is not just those who believe Bury was the Ripper who think your scenario is absurd.

Cheers John

Comment

It is NOT an absurd scenario!
                          No it really is Sam

Comment

Thats better John, you're probably wrong but dont let it put you off arguing for him as you often do.

All the best

Steve
                            It's just your opinion that I'm probably wrong Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Earp View Post
                              The verdict is fool’s gold for the many people in and around this case who are having trouble coming to terms with the forensic and other evidence linking Bury to the Ripper murders. I’ve read through the Dundee Courier tweets on the trial, and I’m very pleased with the outcome. While it’s true that the jury acquitted Bury in a split decision, the important news coming out of the trial is that no modern medical evidence was presented which excluded the possibility that Bury murdered Ellen. Well, shortly after his last chance at a reprieve had been denied by Lord Lothian, Bury removed all doubt by confessing to the murder, and being the nice guy that he was, he blamed Ellen for her own murder. So all in all, a very positive outcome from the retrial, and I’d like to thank Adam Wood for drawing attention to it in his editorial in the new issue of Ripperologist.
                              Welcome back to the boards Wyatt and with an accurate and thoughtful post as well.

Cheers Hohn

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                                It's just your opinion that I'm probably wrong Steve
                                Of course John, just as it's yours that you are right. I have no problem with that at all.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X