The Twopenny hangover "sleeping over a rope"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi smezenen,

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, it must have been a terrible shock to you all, but I'm glad to hear it sounds as if your wife is on the mend now. She's lucky she's got you to take care of and pamper her until she is back on her feet again.

Much love and a big hug

Jane

xxxx
    I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

Hi smezenen,
      Sorry to hear that.
      Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery.
      All the Best,
      Dave.

Comment

Hi Smezenen

Best wishes to your wife. You now have better things to do than the experiment.

PS I hope the car wasn't towed away with a rope.

Comment

Sorry to hear that,my wife had an accident last month and our car was written off so i know how you feel.
          All the best to you both..

Comment

Sorry to hear about that smezenen. Hope it all turns out fine and all are well.

JB

Comment

Oh no. Horrible news. Hope she is home with you soon.

On the topic of the thread I have seen a picture somewhere from 1920s Germany, probably 1923ish showing people sleeping 'on the line'. I think it was in my GCSE textbook from when I was taking mine. (as opposed to teaching them)
              In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Funny you should mention that. I found this discussion on it, which also mentions the german picture. I have contacted the teacher who claims to have a copy of the books, but if anyone else has the book, we now exactly where a photo can be found. It's now just a matter of locating the book and then we'll have a confirmed picture.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

We are switching to teaching Germany next year so I have look through our new books.

Comment

Here is one.

Comment

Try again
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan28~01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	656729

Comment

Good stuff Kat.

Comment

YES!!!! Real proof! Photographic evidence.

Comment

Finally. Illogic and rampant idiocy goes down in flames. Score one for logic and reason. Although Kat, it would be helpful if you'd resize it so the picture would fit in frame?

Let all Oz be agreed;
                            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Speaking for Harry, I'd suggest that that photo was from the 1930s. Also, I'm not so sure that they are sleeping, or that they paid for the rope. That means we still don't have sufficient proof, and especially with regards to the LVP.

Cheers,

Mike
                              huh?

Comment

For heaven's sake, make sure you get all the info from that book, including name of publisher, which edition, and any photography credits.

Comment

Working...
                                X