• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well-known bag shop

corner of brushfield st., i think

aye aye! keep yer 'and on yer pfennig!

Comment

• Hi Warspite.

We occasionally have LONDON JOBS where we walk the sites with cameras, usually for people who haven't been to the more obscure sites before. I'm often happy to take people from the boards on my Ripper walks when I do them several times a week.

As for the upper floors of The Ten Bells, they certainly used to have tenants in the recent-ish past (the last couple of decades) and often I have seen lights on in the windows but the rooms themselves look extremely scrappy. Having walked all around every floor of The Viaduct Tavern next to The Old Bailey, I can confirm that the big old pubs are often wrecks when you get a couple of floors up.

PHILIP
      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Thanks for your reply, and your welcome.
        The Ten Bells could do with a lick of paint couldnt it? But I guess it all adds to the nostalgia. Whenever I visit the evil quarter mile these days, I find it difficult to squeeze past all the punters to even get in the TenBells. I remember it even before it was swamped in walks, when it was usually fairly quiet,with just a few locals. A different clientele now though eh?
        Pete

Comment

• What I would give to win the lottery, buy the Ten Bells and have a little JTR Museum on the upper floors, here is to having a dream!!

HarryThe Hawker, none of your pics are coming up, it states they are unavailable.

Philip, I might take you up on a Ripper Tour when I am well enough
          Regards Mike

Comment

• test

test

Comment

• They're all showing nice and fine for me.

PHILIP
              Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Rob,

Yes, that is certainly minimalist! Reminds me of my college days---no curtains on the bungalow windows in front, and a nice view of a perfectly horrible, bright orange and yellow Alexander Calder poster on the opposing wall, for all the world to enjoy! Oh, for my artsy fartsy days!

Harry, What happened to the pictures? They were nice.
                "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• The latest test one showed just fine, it was the previous ones on Flickr that were showing up as "Image unavailable"
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Streetsign1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	653361

Name:	Streetsign2.jpg
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	653362

Ahh, if only it were so...

Comment

• These are fantastic John?

Mockups?

You should start making these, I imagine a market for such things, I wouldn't mind a "Millers Court" above my doorway!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post

Mockups?
                        Photoshop to be precise. These things don't actually exist. Pity!

JB

Comment

• I have a friend who runs a sign shop, might get a couple knocked up and see what they look like!!

Might build a door bell that sings "Oh Murder" when you press it too......maybe not!

They look fantastic and really....real!
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                            Photoshop to be precise. These things don't actually exist. Pity!
                            This one does. Took it on Saturday evening before Shirley's talk. Dodgy light but it came out not too bad.

Name:	Ws Apr 08 012.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	653365

While I'm here, this is one I took just before that one of the start of Commercial Road from inside the Whitechapel High Street branch of Burger King whilst finishing off my Whopper Meal. Shame about that window poster blocking the view.

Name:	Ws Apr 08 009.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	653367
                            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Really inventive and fun those John----but Stephen"s is great being the real works----there are still quite a few of them here and there in Whitechapel.In fact at the Whitechapel Bell Foundry there are two old signs saying Whitechapel High street---even though one of them seems as though its in Fieldgate Street!

Comment

• trying again

round the corner from liverpool st.

Comment

Working...
                                X