X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a taste !!
    Attached Files

Comment

• a short walk in the locale.......any requests ?

Comment

• well done

Hello Barro. Well done, mate!

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Hi Barro. Thanks for the photos, and welcome to Casebook!

My favorites are the ones looking through the old wire into what looks like a covered alley-way made into a sculpture gallery... so unexpected and so cool!

Can you shed any light on what it is, who arranged it, etc?

Thanks very much,
          Archaic

Comment

• Hi Barro,

Welcome from me too. It's taken you a lot less time than it took me to work out how to upload images into Casebook! I recognise the Commercial Street & "Dorset Street" pictures, but what is the building surrounded by bollards - and does it really have no windows on the ground floor?

Regards, Bridewell.
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• hello casebookers.......

The first two with the ugly looking blighter is me outside the central london masonic centre (middlesex sessions house) where i have it on good report that some of our higher ranking police officers attended criminal cases and dined in the halls within. (i have permission to take some pics for casebook later this week).

The shuttered houses are in fournier street at the side of the ten bells....the owners have renumbered them 12 and 13 and a half.....rumour has it that its to stem the flow of post requesting case knowledge.

The pics through the grill is my fav.....ive never seen this yard open recently and its private owned....Swartze Yard......a gem of a place and i remember having to carry home a great big brass light fitting that my mum bought there in 72.....

I have some great old family photos of weddings at shoreditch church and christchurch....just have to dig them out.......by the way......the sad looking kid dressed as a bee gee in these coming pics is NOT me !!

Health Wealth and Happiness Casebookers.
              Last edited by Barro; 04-17-2012, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• Hi Bridewell,
                That building facade is a bit of a mystery too, its attached at the rear of the old refuge at the top end of dorset street. It has no windows at all and is held in place via some steel retainers. Its made of brick and stone and seems to have been shored up behind the facia with some sort of protective materials. I have asked at the city of london building that is sited the millers court side of dorset street and the best I got information wise was that its a listed facade and often used as a film location.

Comment

• Whitechapel Helipad (LAA)

A couple from a recent visit to the whitechapel helipad atop the Royal London Hospital.
                  In the picture is me and my good friend Chris (Medic and Fire Officer).

Top middle "ish" Whitechapel Station.
                  Top Right The Board School.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Barro; 04-17-2012, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barro View Post
                    Hi Bridewell,
                    That building facade is a bit of a mystery too, its attached at the rear of the old refuge at the top end of dorset street. It has no windows at all and is held in place via some steel retainers. Its made of brick and stone and seems to have been shored up behind the facia with some sort of protective materials. I have asked at the city of london building that is sited the millers court side of dorset street and the best I got information wise was that its a listed facade and often used as a film location.
                    Yeah, its the Gun St side of the Night refuge, as Barro states the frontage was kept.

I've actually got a shot of the demolition work going on behind it, with the cellers and all, somewhere. Will try and find it.

Crackin shots Barro by the way.

Monty
                    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Thank you Monty....
                      I have a few more to post from the same walk and will try to upload them later tonight.

Comment

• Some more Randoms of associated Locale

Some various and obvious locations
                        Attached Files

Comment

• More from the same day.

some back alleys and nooks and crannies !
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Behind Bishopsgate Police Station

Cathrine Wheel Alley leading to Wentworth St and alike
                            Attached Files

Comment

• A few more

Just some point and click type pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• The Old Middlesex Sessions House

Here is the start of a series I promised. It is as titled and whilst a functioning court house (a very feared one at that) we have a lot of our named officers of low and of high ranking, here giving evidence in cases and dinning in the halls with the powers that be of the day. I have gained access to the main body of the building and have been promised further access this weekend. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did visiting. a beautiful building steeped in londons history and of course our case.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Barro; 04-18-2012, 02:19 AM. Reason: I cant spell !!

Comment

Working...
                                X