Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Roads Lead to Dorset St.,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
    In some press reports she was referred to as Kelly.
    Many second hand press reports are inaccurate
    I usually plump for the Telegraph for more accuracy
    You can lead a horse to water.....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by packers stem View Post
      Many second hand press reports are inaccurate
      I usually plump for the Telegraph for more accuracy
      Very wise, but it's not the accuracy of the reporting that is relevant so much as the assumption that a woman in a long term stable relationship with a man named Kelly should be described as Mrs Kelly.

      As for Wilkinson, clearly he'd been told by Kate that she had married Conway, but how on earth could he know whether she'd ever presented herself to anyone (such as a pawnbroker) as Mrs Kelly?
      Last edited by MrBarnett; 10-06-2018, 01:15 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
        Very wise, but it's not the accuracy of the reporting that is relevant so much as the assumption that a woman in a long term stable relationship with a man named Kelly should be described as Mrs Kelly.

        As for Wilkinson, clearly he'd been told by Kate that she had married Conway, but how on earth could he know whether she'd ever presented herself to anyone (such as a pawnbroker) as Mrs Kelly?
        Well , all we can do is accept her words to wilkinson .
        My ex never once used my surname , we lived together for 11 years .
        It's wrong to assume
        We have one piece of evidence that Eddowes , through choice in her day to day life , chose to be known by the name Conway prior to the weekend of her death .
        I don't think we're going to agree on this
        You can lead a horse to water.....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by packers stem View Post
          Well , all we can do is accept her words to wilkinson .
          My ex never once used my surname , we lived together for 11 years .
          It's wrong to assume
          We have one piece of evidence that Eddowes , through choice in her day to day life , chose to be known by the name Conway prior to the weekend of her death .
          I don't think we're going to agree on this
          Probably not.��

          One last try, though.

          According to The Scotsman, a fairly reliable paper I believe:

          The jury was sworn in to inquire into "The death of Catherine Eddowes alias Conway alias Kelly..." (Their quotes)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
            Probably not.��

            One last try, though.

            According to The Scotsman, a fairly reliable paper I believe:

            The jury was sworn in to inquire into "The death of Catherine Eddowes alias Conway alias Kelly..." (Their quotes)
            Thoughts of the journalist mate
            Not inquest info
            At the time of swearing in all sorts of presumptions may have been made by various journalists because she lived with him , but doesn't make them accurate

            Wilkinson had yet to take the stand
            You can lead a horse to water.....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by packers stem View Post
              Thoughts of the journalist mate
              Not inquest info
              At the time of swearing in all sorts of presumptions may have been made by various journalists because she lived with him , but doesn't make them accurate

              Wilkinson had yet to take the stand
              The names were in quotes. Even your trusted Telegraph calls her Kelly.

              Wilkinson knew her as Conway. But how does his saying that prove that she never used the name Kelly? Or Eddowes for that matter? Unless he had been with her 24/7 for the previous 7 years or so, he would have had no idea.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                Yes
                Bishopsgate and the pawning of the boots
                Both were on her return from Kent as I've been saying.
                I may have good reason to suspect the dropping of the Conway at this point is important

                I'm not aware of her being referred to as Kelly at any point during the inquest other than the mention of the pawned boots and the name she gave at Bishopsgate
                If,as I strongly suspect,Eddowes was blackmailing her long term medical officer ..... then her records would have been under Conway.
                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DJA View Post
                  If,as I strongly suspect,Eddowes was blackmailing her long term medical officer ..... then her records would have been under Conway.
                  What's a long term medical officer?

                  Comment


                  • MB Lond,FRCP who treated her and Nichols for Rheumatic Fever from December 1867.
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DJA View Post
                      MB Lond,FRCP who treated her and Nichols for Rheumatic Fever from December 1867.
                      You mean they kept going back to him, and/or he kept tabs on them, for 21 years?
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                      "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        You mean they kept going back to him, and/or he kept tabs on them, for 21 years?
                        Especially when the Strep pyogenes has caused chronic kidney disease in Eddowes case.

                        You would recognize this passage from Major Henry Smith's book.

                        The kidney left in the corpse was in an advanced stage of Bright's Disease ; the kidney sent me was in an exactly similar state. But what was of far more importance, Mr. Sutton, one of the senior surgeons of the London Hospital, whom Gordon Brown asked to meet him and another practitioner in consultation, and who was one of the greatest authorities living on the kidney and its diseases, said he would pledge his reputation that the kidney submitted to them had been put in spirits within a few hours of its removal from the body-thus effectually disposing of all hoaxes in connection with it. The body of anyone done to death by violence is not taken direct to the dissecting-room, but must await an inquest, never held before the following day at the soonest.
                        Last edited by DJA; 10-07-2018, 11:38 PM. Reason: Book.
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DJA View Post
                          Especially when the Strep pyogenes has caused chronic kidney disease in Eddowes case.

                          You would recognize this passage from Major Henry Smith's book.

                          The kidney left in the corpse was in an advanced stage of Bright's Disease ; the kidney sent me was in an exactly similar state. But what was of far more importance, Mr. Sutton, one of the senior surgeons of the London Hospital, whom Gordon Brown asked to meet him and another practitioner in consultation, and who was one of the greatest authorities living on the kidney and its diseases, said he would pledge his reputation that the kidney submitted to them had been put in spirits within a few hours of its removal from the body-thus effectually disposing of all hoaxes in connection with it. The body of anyone done to death by violence is not taken direct to the dissecting-room, but must await an inquest, never held before the following day at the soonest.
                          Bright's disease was not an uncommon condition, though, was it? From memory both Mulshaw and Bowyer suffered from it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DJA View Post
                            You would recognize this passage from Major Henry Smith's book.
                            Henry "Reliable Memoirs" Smith, you mean?
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                            "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                              Bright's disease was not an uncommon condition, though, was it? From memory both Mulshaw and Bowyer suffered from it.
                              The type that I believe Eddowes had resulted in 19,000 deaths worldwide in 2013.
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                Henry "Reliable Memoirs" Smith, you mean?

                                I'll decipher that as a "Yes".

                                He was RL Stevenson's cousin and no doubt the model for Inspector Newcomen in his 1885 novella.
                                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X