• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll go with Dr Brown and RL Stevenson's first cousin
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      Henry Smith:
      "when we got the body to the mortuary, the first discovery we made was that about one-half of the apron was missing. It had been severed by a clean cut".

Brown does not say anything at all about the size of the piece of cloth. Smith does.
      Brown doesnt have to specify the size you can work it out for yourself a corner piece.

Three different descriptions of the apron pieces here is a pic to make it easier to understand the various descriptions.

Attached Files

Comment

• Are you related to Pierre?
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
          Are you related to Pierre?
          Is that directed at me ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            Brown doesnt have to specify the size you can work it out for yourself a corner piece.

Three different descriptions of the apron pieces here is a pic to make it easier to understand the various descriptions.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
            Hasn´t it dawned on you that I "work it out" differently than you do? As do just about everybody else out here?

Pulling out a marker pen and drawing away at a photo is not exactly equivalent to presenting the truth. It´s presenting YOUR "truth", nothing else.

Comment

Hasn´t it dawned on you that I "work it out" differently than you do? As do just about everybody else out here?

Pulling out a marker pen and drawing away at a photo is not exactly equivalent to presenting the truth. It´s presenting YOUR "truth", nothing else.
              Thats a typical reply I expected from you when you are faced with an issue that you cannot bluster you way out of. One pic is worth a thousand words.

The image is there for all to see based on the different descriptions as given by the various witnesses.

Brown describes a corner piece with a string attached. If he is right then it had to be either a top left or top right piece. As to who is right can perhaps be decided by the facts that the two pieces matched by the seams (not the cuts) So by my deductions, that would make it that the two pieces were either top left and bottom left or top right and bottom right.

Comment

It wasnt half, "it was a corner piece with a string attached" Dr Browns inquest testimony. So it was a relatively small piece
                I believe Dr Brown is here talking about the apron found on the body, as he is later asked about the piece found in Goulston St.

Comment

So that never happens to you? You are never uncertain about a number of things but certain of another? No?

You are either totally unsure of everything or dead certain about each and every matter, is that it? And anybody who differs is fishy, right?
                  I'm saying it's awfully convenient.

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                  And did I say that any doubt is eliminated by Longs certainty? I don´think I did, see - that´s just another example of you trying to place words in my mouth.
                  Calm down, love. I never said that you did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                    I believe Dr Brown is here talking about the apron found on the body, as he is later asked about the piece found in Goulston St.
                    "My attention was called to the apron, it was the corner of the apron with a string attached.The blood spots were of recent origin.- I have seen a portion of an apron produced by Dr Phillips, and stated to have been found in Goulston Street"

No anomalies there ! he clearly talking about the two different pieces of apron.

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                      Please explain how?

It is not clear to where the 3 sections you have marked have come from?

Steve

Comment

Brown describes a corner piece with a string attached. If he is right then it had to be either a top left or top right piece. As to who is right can perhaps be decided by the facts that the two pieces matched by the seams (not the cuts) So by my deductions, that would make it that the two pieces were either top left and bottom left or top right and bottom right.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        That is clearer, thank you.

Steve

Comment

Why could the two parts not be simply top and bottom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                            Why could the two parts not be simply top and bottom?
                            Because you would have two halves and no corner !!!!

Comment

• Where do you get the corner from? Here are several of the more illustrative newspaper reports of Dr Brown's testimony about the apron pieces. As far as I can see, none of them mention a corner.

Daily News 5th Oct;
                              My attention was called to the apron which the woman was wearing. It was a portion of an apron cut, with the string attached to it (produced). The blood stains on it are recent. Dr. Phillips brought in a piece of apron found in Gouldstone street, which fits what is missing in the one found on the body. It is impossible to assert that the blood is human blood. It looks as if it had had a bloody hand or a bloody knife wiped upon it.

Daily Telegraph 5th Oct
                              Was your attention called to the portion of the apron that was found in Goulston-street? - Yes. I fitted that portion which was spotted with blood to the remaining portion, which was still attached by the strings to the body.

Irish Times 5th Oct;
                              Fitted the piece of apron produced to that found in Goldson street, and found that they corresponded. Both pieces were stained with blood.

Morning Advertiser 5th Oct;
                              Was your attention called to this portion of an apron which was found upon the woman?-It was. There were stains of blood upon the apron.
                              Are the stains of recent origin?-They are. Dr. Phillips afterwards brought me a piece of apron which had been found in Goulstone-street by a policeman. The stains are those of blood, but it is impossible to say that it is human blood.
                              On the piece of apron brought in by Dr. Phillips were there smears of blood as if someone had wiped blood-stained hands upon it?-Yes. There were also some other stains.

St James' Gazette 5th Oct;
                              He had examined a portion of an apron found on the deceased with blood spots upon it of recent origin. He had also seen another portion of the apron found in Gouldstone street, which had smears of blood upon it as if hands or a knife had been wiped upon it.

Times 5th Oct;
                              Mr. Crawford. - Could you say whether the blood spots on the piece of apron produced were of recent origin? Witness. - They are of recent origin. Dr. Phillips brought on a piece of apron which had been found by a policeman in Goulston-street.
                              Mr. Crawford. - Is it impossible to assert that it is human blood? Witness. - Yes; it is blood. On the piece of apron brought on there were smears of blood on one side as if a hand or a knife had been wiped on it. It fitted the piece of apron in evidence.

Comment

• Harry: I'm saying it's awfully convenient.

Convenient how? Convenient for whom?

Calm down, love. I never said that you did.

You certainly led it on. And for a poster who is willing to claim that I work with sock puppets, why would I expect anything better? You still have not explained yourself on that point, nor have you apologized, the way a grown man ought to.

Not grown men may see it differently, though.
                                Last edited by Fisherman; 11-17-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X