No announcement yet.

Access to Scotland Yard Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The interesting thing about these records is that - if I understand correctly - the redacted version of the register released previously has not been fully searched for Ripper-related entries. If further entries were found, presumably there would be a good chance that the full versions would be released on the same basis as before.

I'm surprised that no one has taken the opportunity to do this (unless someone has and I've missed it). There just might be something of some interest there.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      This was surviellance, on Tumblety, in connection to Fenian activities and not the Whitechapel murders.

Monty
      Yes...surviellance indeed ( no spell check on this phone ) But as Littlechild later stated, " Tumblety was a likely suspect".

Comment

As far as I know (someone correct me if I am wrong), there is no evidence that Tumblety ever lodged on Batty Street. I think this was just conjecture on Stewart Evans's part.

RH

Comment

Rob,

This is true.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
            This was surviellance, on Tumblety, in connection to Fenian activities and not the Whitechapel murders.

Monty
            I think you will find the surveillance was in connection with his activities in male brothels hence the fact that they were able to build up case against him and when they finally,made a decision to arrest him they already had their evidence in place to charge him.

The formulation of the charges suggest the police (not SB) had him under surveillance between June and Nov 7th when they finally arrested him charged him, and kept him in custody for court and then had him remanded in custody for a week, in which time he was able to come up with suitable sureties for bail to be granted.

This is where Littlechilds reference to a large file on him has been misconstrued the large file he reffered to was not on the ripper nor on Fenians.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              The interesting thing about these records is that - if I understand correctly - the redacted version of the register released previously has not been fully searched for Ripper-related entries. If further entries were found, presumably there would be a good chance that the full versions would be released on the same basis as before.

I'm surprised that no one has taken the opportunity to do this (unless someone has and I've missed it). There just might be something of some interest there.
              If here was anything else on the ripper in those files Clutterbuck would have found it he had them for some considerable time in un redcated form

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                If here was anything else on the ripper in those files Clutterbuck would have found it he had them for some considerable time in un redcated form
                Perhaps. But as we don't have access to everything Clutterbuck found, that's rather irrelevant.

Comment

Perhaps. But as we don't have access to everything Clutterbuck found, that's rather irrelevant.
                  Well he takes time to mention what he did find in his thesis on the Ripper case. Would you not have thought that had there been anything startling he would have included it in his thesis, or made it public by other means or is that to logical for you to comprehend ?

Comment

Well he takes time to mention what he did find in his thesis on the Ripper case. Would you not have thought that had there been anything startling he would have included it in his thesis, or made it public by other means or is that to logical for you to comprehend ?
                    Trevor, if you would only read properly what people write, you would save yourself a lot of trouble.

I don't believe for a moment that there is anything "startling" about the Ripper crimes in these records. What I said was that there "just might be something of some interest there".

Presumably you thought the same, or you would not have tried to get access to these records in the first place. What baffles me is why - having gone to that trouble - not only can you not be bothered to look thoroughly at what has been released, but also it seems you wish to discourage anyone else from doing so.

Comment

Oh lookie lookie, Trev's back on the boards with his wacky 'no organs were removed from the victims' spiel.

With all due respect, I'll take the word of the doctors who examined the actual bodies.

So much for you leaving eh Trev...

Comment

Trevor, if you would only read properly what people write, you would save yourself a lot of trouble.

I don't believe for a moment that there is anything "startling" about the Ripper crimes in these records. What I said was that there "just might be something of some interest there".

Presumably you thought the same, or you would not have tried to get access to these records in the first place. What baffles me is why - having gone to that trouble - not only can you not be bothered to look thoroughly at what has been released, but also it seems you wish to discourage anyone else from doing so.
                        I am on record as saying that the registers are some of the most important victorian police records that I had ever come across that is one of the reasons I attempted to get them made public not just for the ripper aspect. They give such an insight into the activities and the workings of special branch and their intelligence gathering process way back then.

Although they are freely available in copy form to view the redactors black marker pen has made them all but worthless all names have been removed. The reason the name Jack the Ripper was not removed was because the redactor clearly didn't believe that to be a proper name
                        Attached Files

Comment

Was it not the case that Clutterbuck wasnt looking for or even intrested in the JTR entries, He only mentions it in passing because who saw the links to the case.

Comment

Originally posted by El White Chap View Post
                            Oh lookie lookie, Trev's back on the boards with his wacky 'no organs were removed from the victims' spiel.

With all due respect, I'll take the word of the doctors who examined the actual bodies.

So much for you leaving eh Trev...
                            Dont you worry your little cotton socks about me I will not be staying.

You should spend your time working out and explaining how a killer can remove a uterus and a kidney with a long bladed knife with some medical precision from a blood filled abdomen in almost total darkness in 5 minutes.

If you brain will not allow for excercise then I would be happy to tell you in two words "He didnt"

If that still is not enough for you might I suggest you purchase a copy of my DVD which will show you not only in words but pictures what really happened

I rest my case

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                              Yes...surviellance indeed ( no spell check on this phone ) But as Littlechild later stated, " Tumblety was a likely suspect".
                              True, this is what I mean by the differentiation between Littlechild and Special Branch.

Monty
                              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Although they are freely available in copy form to view the redactors black marker pen has made them all but worthless all names have been removed. The reason the name Jack the Ripper was not removed was because the redactor clearly didn't believe that to be a proper name
                                Obviously, the point is that because the name Jack the Ripper hasn't been redacted, at least some of the Ripper-related entries are identifiable, and in these cases it's possible that the full (unredacted) versions will be released, in the same way that the ones you identified were released to you.

There's nothing at all conceptually difficult here (at least by most people's standards).

Comment

Working...
                                X