No announcement yet.

RIC in Millers court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There just is no proof at all that any members of MJK's family were present at her funeral. Personally, I'd like to believe that there were.

I don't think this can be taken any further.

ATB,

Graham
    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Ah!

Hello Graham. The Welsh angle was explored almost immediately it was announced. nothing. Not a trace.

"It's hard to imagine that representatives from the RIC showed up after the death of every Irish person in London. If they were at Miller's Court, I don't think they were there just to rubberneck or for their health. And if they were investigating, then precisely what were they investigating? For my money, the reported presence of RIC officers at Millers Court immediately after the murder of MJK must remain rather odd."

Now you're talking.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

What's in a name?

Hello (again) Graham.

"I have a fairly comprehensive library to which I can refer, and I have yet to come across any definitive statements as to her origins. Which, I think, will for ever remain a mystery."

Well, it will as long as we search for "Mary Jane Kelly."

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

odd

Hello Jon.

"Nothing about Mary's previous life before London has been proven."

But isn't that odd in itself?

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

family

Hello Jon, Graham. There were also reports that some of her family lived in London. Do we believe that?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

The Welsh angle was explored almost immediately it was announced. nothing. Not a trace
              You're not saying that there is/was absolutely nothing to connect MJK to Wales, are you?

G
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

story

Hello Graham. Thanks.

"You're not saying that there is/was absolutely nothing to connect MJK to Wales, are you?"

Other than Barnett's story?

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

And the Irish connection came from....where?

Let's be totally honest - the only information we have about MJK came from Joe Barnett, plus perhaps a little bit from McCarthy. For all we know, she could have come from Mars.

G

Comment

Irish

Hello Graham. Thanks. Granted. But there were a few snippets passim indicating she was Irish.

Perhaps some are convinced by her hair colour?

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Hi All,

Don't let's forget Mrs Elizabeth Phoenix.

Regards,

Simon
                      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Jon.

"Nothing about Mary's previous life before London has been proven."

But isn't that odd in itself?

Cheers.
                        LC
                        I'm not sure if its odd. Everything we know about MJK came from other people, who just may have confused a few details or misunderstood something.
                        Likewise, Mary could have told a few little white lies to her associates (Mrs Phoenix, Barnett, McCarthy) and female friends. Is it really that odd for her to preserve her and her families anonymity?

Regards, Jon S.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

others

Hello Jon. Thanks. But we know a good bit about the others. Why not "MJK"?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                            Hello Jon. Thanks. But we know a good bit about the others. Why not "MJK"?

Cheers.
                            LC
                            Her age?
                            The other women were not lifetime prostitutes, they were mothers & had families but their fortunes turned sour later in life. They had to turn to prostitution out of necessity.
                            MJK's story was different, she went straight into the immoral life at a young age (early 20's?).
                            Kelly had precious little established life to record before she moved to London, and even most of that may have been misreported.

No woman yet unearthed comes anywhere close to fitting her story than 'Brymbo' Mary, and we still have no confirmed conclusion to that line of research.

Regards, Jon S.
                            Last edited by Wickerman; 09-23-2012, 10:26 PM.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

tainted info?

Hello Jon. Thanks. Of course, even THAT information is suspect.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Graham, its good to hear from you,

No I don't find it odd the members of the Royal Irish Constabulary and a Post Office official were present. They were either:

(a) in London for business and rubbernecking at the crime scene, along with thousands of others or

(b) investigating. And though Simon said there were RIC men in London allegedly without knowledge of the Home Office, here we see them identifed in a newspaper. So SOMEONE knew they were there. Bringing in the RIC, or the RIC interjecting themselves on their own sounds like good police work to me. It could have to do with the victim's background, which appparently pointed to Ireland. (and Wales) Not sure how much was known about her at this point in time by the authorities. And if they were looking into the possibility this crime had something to do with Irish Nationalism, it occurring provocatively on the morning of Lord Mayor's Day, well that sounds like good police work to me. Approaching the crime from various angles.

Likewise with the Post Office official. Once we get past Simon's dripping saracasm of calling it the "so called double event" well yes there was in fact a post office burglary that night in the area. Did it have any connection to these murders? It sounds like an excellent idea to me to have the post office inquire alongisde the Met and City investigations.

Inter-departmental cooperation. Liasing. What's wrong with that? Or do we characterize every offical as operating independent of each other. At cross purposes. Casting all of them in the very worst light possible.

I don't see the big wow moment here. It falls flat. Intrigue at every turn. I see either rubbernecking, or good solid intergovernmental police work. Take your pick.

Roy
                                Last edited by Roy Corduroy; 09-23-2012, 11:55 PM.
                                Sink the Bismark

Comment

Working...
                                X