X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi Trevor,

Well said. None of the suspects advanced thus far bear any close examination as to their complicity in the WM. I don't know about you, but I think it is reasonable to believe that in the final analysis we won't so much discover "who" was JtR, but rather "what" was JtR.

Good hunting.

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Marriott
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. John Watson View Post
    Be interesting to find some reference to good old Dr. Tumblety in there. Good luck on your efforts, Trevor!
    If there isnt then i would sugggest it will be goodbye Mr Tumblety from the list of likely suspects.

I beleive it is equally important to try to prove who was "NOT" JTR than to prove who he was.
    But then again there are the Tumbletyites on here who will never give him up
    Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 06-12-2010, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. John Watson
    replied
    Be interesting to find some reference to good old Dr. Tumblety in there. Good luck on your efforts, Trevor!

Leave a comment:

• spyglass
    replied
    HI ALL,

This is exactly what the case needs..new directions..possible new leads.
    This is the sort of thing that gets me exicited again about the case.

Well done to all and good luck Trevor.

Gillingham FC..relegated again.

Leave a comment:

• Phil Carter
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
    The elusive hot potato. We all await.

Actually it's likely much ado about nothing. Cynicism is always the best recourse. Simon -- is it about anything of significant interest?
    Hello Scott,

As one who has been keen on and have been digging into this particular part of Ripperology for a very long time, I opine that the guarded history of the material is in itself pretty fascinating, let alone the contents. All manner of reasons for such historical material, not just Ripper related, not existing have been made over many decades. The material itself may not be a crock of gold, but it may well prove to be extremely useful and may give leads to open up the subject in completely new directions. That is surely positive for all interested in the development of the subject.

best wishes

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Marriott
    replied

Actually it's likely much ado about nothing. Cynicism is always the best recourse. Simon -- is it about anything of significant interest?
    I can assure you that is it very much the opposite. As Stewart pointed out the material is contemporary and will reveal new information surrounding the Whitechapel murders and Jack The Ripper.

I think some researchers who have relentlessly championed certain suspects are in for a reality check !

Leave a comment:

• Stewart P Evans
    replied
    A Hint

Do I detect a hint of cynicism resulting from a distinct lack of interest in anything that is unlikely to involve Kosminski and Polish Jews, or which may be critical of Anderson? At least this is contemporary official material Scott.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Phil Carter
    replied
    The correct way..

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
    Hi Trevor,
    Thanks for this information.Lets hope they contain some useful leads!
    Best
    Norma
    Hello Norma,

Indeed, One never knows, does one?

In the mean time I would ask that everyone be patient and leave me to deal with this. As an when there are any new developments I will publish them first on here.

" I told you the truth was out there "
    Yes Trevor, this should be respected by us all, given you are way down the line in the chain of events, this is the correct way of doing things. We dont need to put more pressure on the Met. I wish you every luck in your quest. Well done Trevor.

best wishes

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Marriott
    replied
    Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
    Hi Trevor,
    Best
    Norma
    Leads more than likely earth shattering revelations I have my doubts from what i know and what i have seen so far.

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Severn
    replied
    Hi Trevor,
    Best
    Norma

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Marriott
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    That sucks! Maybe Phil has some ideas regarding finding his files and notes. Of course, if he could get in to see this stuff, I see no reason why I couldn't, or Debs, Rob, or whoever.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    I think it is time for me to throw my hat in the ring as far as these ledgers are concerned.

I have known of the existence on these ledgers for the past 12 months I know where they are and i have viewed copies of the ledgers. The ledgers were in the past open for unrestricetd viewing by bona fide reserachers.

Another author (non ripper) tried to gain access to them in 2008 but was refused. This author went to a freedom of information tribunal in a further attempt to gain access. That tribunal was in 2009.

The result was that based on represenattions made by special branch officers. The ledgers could be made public but with "all" proper names being redacted. The ledgers are now awash with heavy redaction and the entries are of very little information in this state.

Since this time I have viewed then in redacted form and in my opinion the special branch officers provided information which was misleading to the tribunal and as a result they made the decision they did.

The main argument Special Branch put forward was that these ledgers contained names and detail of informants and it is their policy not to publicly disclose name of informants.

Having gone through the ledgers it is clear that not all that is contained in those ledgers relates to informants.

Through other enquireis I made and other sources of information I can say there are several references to The Whitechapel murders in the ledgers and I Have seen the relevant entries . Some of these entries were not mentioned by Clutterbuck whose thesis I am familar with.

I must empahise these are only ledgers and not specific files. There are references to files in the ledgers but the files have long gone.

As a result I made specific requests to The Met Police for specific information which i knew was contained in the ledgers. These request did not relate to informants. As expected the request was denied. An appeal to the Met police also was rejected.

I therefore lodged an appeal to the Information commisisoners who have now taken up the appeal and have been in contact with The Met police. It may be the Met police wil now relent and provide me with the specific information I have requested.If not then the case could go to a full tribunal which could take several months.

If iam succesful then the only information relased will be what I have requested I will of course be pressing to view them all in unredcated form to see if there are any other references to The Ripper which have been missed. I cannot see the ledger in their entrirety ever being made public.

In the mean time I would ask that everyone be patient and leave me to deal with this. As an when there are any new developments I will publish them first on here.

" I told you the truth was out there "
    Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 06-12-2010, 01:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    That sucks! Maybe Phil has some ideas regarding finding his files and notes. Of course, if he could get in to see this stuff, I see no reason why I couldn't, or Debs, Rob, or whoever.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Marriott
    replied
    You will have a job i am told he is dead

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Wood
    Clutterbuck states that "The Chief Constable's Register contains several intriguing references to at least support the contention that 'Special' had more that a passing interest in 'Jack the Ripper' but none to corroborate the particular suspect that they put forward."
    Excellent post, Simon. We need to contact Dr. Clutterbuck to get full info on the Jack the Ripper material here. A simple paragraph like this simply will not do.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

Working...
X