No announcement yet.

Hutt, P.C. George Henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergeant Byfield could be one of the uniformed Sergeants but we don't know his collar number and a lot of the ones there are readable.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
      Sergeant Byfield could be one of the uniformed Sergeants but we don't know his collar number and a lot of the ones there are readable.
      You could always try a Google Image search, Rob, and search for any resemblances/distinguishing features in potential relatives. By applying appropriate criteria - in that example, I chose to search on "faces" and applied a "pink" filter, to increase the hit-rate on Caucasian skin tones - you can narrow the search down quite a bit.

Sorry if you've thought of doing this already. If not, it might just give you some leads.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
        I think they might be C.I.D Inspectors Scott, the D.C's and D.S's sitting on the ground.
        But Rob,

Why would the D.S.'s be sitting on the ground? Surely they commanded a greater dignity than that? They were, after all, doctors. Is one of those guys Dr. Frederick Gordon Brown?

Comment

The guys sitting on the ground are undoubtedly plain-clothed Detective Inspectors. Unfortunately, the photo was taken a year before Dr. Robert Sagar joined the force, so he's not in the picture. Can anyone identify some of these men?

Comment

The queston is whether I just recently viewed the Snow Hill photo for the first time, but I've had it now for several years (in...Scotland Yard Investigates).

I wonder how those guys could stand being in such close proximity to one another, albeit briefly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
              But Rob,

Why would the D.S.'s be sitting on the ground? Surely they commanded a greater dignity than that? They were, after all, doctors. Is one of those guys Dr. Frederick Gordon Brown?
              Hi Scott,

Sorry I meant D.S's as in Detective Sergeants. I don't think Brown is in that photo. Or any medical personnel.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                You could always try a Google Image search, Rob, and search for any resemblances/distinguishing features in potential relatives. By applying appropriate criteria - in that example, I chose to search on "faces" and applied a "pink" filter, to increase the hit-rate on Caucasian skin tones - you can narrow the search down quite a bit.

Sorry if you've thought of doing this already. If not, it might just give you some leads.
                Hi Gareth,

I have tried using Google Image but not with any success I'm afraid.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

For Rob or Neil, Debra Arif ...or Tommy Wescott:

In searching through some articles today, I located the following.

Not being a Batchelor researcher and being too lazy to look for myself...is this the same Batchelor as in LeGrand & Batchelor ?

The "Hutt" in highlight is not George H. Hutt.

Comment

Apologies for the cardinal sin of not providing a source for the previous post.

Reynolds's Newspaper
                    Sunday, June 15, 1879

Comment

According to Karen trenouth it is How..
                      Tom and I have exchanged emails about this James Bachelor in the past, and we ruled him out as far as I can remember...unfortunately I've lost all my old emails and I think Tom has too so I really can't remember what was said now.
                      Maybe we didn't...Tom?

Comment

Hutt's resignation letter:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PC Hutt Resignation Letter.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	658360

Rob

Comment

Hi, just saw this thread. I remember discussing this fellow with Debs. I believe at the time she showed this to me (two years ago?) I felt it wasn't our Batchelor because he was a policeman and because there was quite a few men named Batchelor around at the time, that it figured the odds were against it. But seeing as how so many 'private inquiry agents' were ex-cops, including the crooked ones, maybe this guy needs a closer look. Does his middle name start with an 'H'?

And the less we mention Karen Trenouth's name, the better.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tommy:

The only other designation that I found was this Batchelor's badge number, if that might help Rob & Monty or Debs...that being 506.

I'll look for one with a middle initial "H" later.

By the way, what did the "H" stand for ?

Comment

Hi Howard,

I'm not sure what 'H' stood for, but the report on Le Grand and Batchelor refer to him as J. H. Batchelor. That could be wrong, but it's a good place to start. We also know that at some point in 1889 Le Grand attacked Batchelor in the open street and I believe Batchelor pressed charges. I'd love to read the transcript of that if there is.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Here's part of George Henry Hutts application form, showing that he joined in 1879 his age at the time and where he was born as some Internet cuckoo thinks me and Neil have identified the wrong one.

Name:	PC Hutt Application 01.JPG
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	658375

Name:	PC Hutt Application 02.JPG
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	658376

Rob

Comment