Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City of London Precincts and Divisions involved in the Investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • City of London Precincts and Divisions involved in the Investigation

    Hello, all!

    So, I'm in the process of attempting to recreate a Constable's uniform for the period, City of London, preferably. However, as some of you might be aware, precinct and division numbers are important in this process. Was hoping someone here might be able to help me in identifying something that would be appropriate.

    My sources here say that "A" Division of CiL police was involved in the investigation, but I can find neither hide nor hare of "precinct" numbers that might be involved, and I can't confirm without question that "A" Division was the involved force with what I have, at the moment. I know that the CiL is rather small, but I assume there would at least be some sort of precinct numbering system in place.

    Can anyone help? I'd be most grateful. Just trying to find the appropriate numbers and letters so that my uniform is correct in that regard. I realize part of this is picking a warrant/badge number.

    -Alex

  • #2
    By “CiL” I assume you mean City of London Poiice, yes?

    Their divisions were numbered in 1888, the Met had letters.

    Monty




    Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Monty View Post
      By “CiL” I assume you mean City of London Poiice, yes?

      Their divisions were numbered in 1888, the Met had letters.

      Monty
      Thank you, Monty. Did indeed mean City of London. Was a rough morning. I don’t suppose you’d know which divisions were involved?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mithras View Post
        Thank you, Monty. Did indeed mean City of London. Was a rough morning. I don’t suppose you’d know which divisions were involved?
        I think you'll find that he does know Mithras
        Regards

        Herlock






        "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact!"

        Comment


        • #5
          I may.

          No 1 Moor Lane
          No 2 Snow Hill
          No 3 Bridewell Place
          No 4 Cloak Lane
          No 5 Tower Street
          No 6 Bishopsgate

          Monty




          Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

          http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Monty View Post
            I may.

            No 1 Moor Lane
            No 2 Snow Hill
            No 3 Bridewell Place
            No 4 Cloak Lane
            No 5 Tower Street
            No 6 Bishopsgate

            Monty
            My good sir, you are a treasure. Please forgive my ignorance.

            Comment


            • #7
              Also, looks like I have a new book to read.

              Comment


              • #8
                You are welcome, and thank you.

                Monty




                Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

                http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mithras View Post
                  Also, looks like I have a new book to read.
                  For anything '19th century London Police' related Monty is definitely the go-to person. The book reflects that.
                  Regards, Bridewell.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X