The single source question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    A series of posts. See the Bucks Row Project and project 2 thread.

Part 3 which is underway will give full discussion on many of the theories about Bucks Row.
    The Mitre square stuff will follow next year. Wickerman has already done something similar I understand, it will be a source for others to use.

Steve
    Hi Steve.
    Very interesting.

Yes, I took the testimony of each witness in the Eddowes case and compiled about eight different sources which reported on that same testimony. This provides a deeper and broader understanding of what the witness was saying. and naturally, a clearer understanding of what may have occurred that night.

There is also a larger study of the Kelly inquest, I posted that on the JTRForums some years ago. It has now expanded to 20 sources (19 newspapers + the court record), and comprises 73 pages.
    If these are any help in your future studies I would be more than happy to share what I have.

I was asked once if I would consider publishing it in Ripperologist, but when I pointed out the size, I never heard back, it's not surprising.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Thanks Jon,

I may take you up on the Eddowes stuff so we can see 2 sets of comparisons.

Yes Ripperologist like about 4000 words so I can see why 73 pages is a issue.

My stuff is not only up here and on JtR forums but if anyone wants to statements(part 2)
      I will happily send it, minus my comments by email as a set of searchable PDF files for nothing.

Will get back to you on it next year sometime.
      Thank you for the offer, sharing research and working with others is something I greatly am in favour of.

Steve

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Hi Steve.
      Very interesting.

Yes, I took the testimony of each witness in the Eddowes case and compiled about eight different sources which reported on that same testimony. This provides a deeper and broader understanding of what the witness was saying. and naturally, a clearer understanding of what may have occurred that night.

There is also a larger study of the Kelly inquest, I posted that on the JTRForums some years ago. It has now expanded to 20 sources (19 newspapers + the court record), and comprises 73 pages.
      If these are any help in your future studies I would be more than happy to share what I have.

I was asked once if I would consider publishing it in Ripperologist, but when I pointed out the size, I never heard back, it's not surprising.

Comment

Working...
      X