Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    The Eddy remark was just a guess what was next based on the cumulative posts on this all blackmailing theory you are humping here. I expected any day to see that name pop in. Which would lend itself to my other remarks about how all this had been dealt with years ago.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Not drunk, but Ive definitely had my fill of somethings. Based on some of your posts, Id be inclined to ask you about more hallucinatory substances. Gull, Sutton, Eddy...you seemed to have joined the discussions about 2-3 decades too late, currently those kinds of speculations have no relevance. I keep reading for one...just one...piece of actual new evidence that might support anything you are saying, instead of just this fractured theorizing and reintroducing dated, erroneous concepts without any merit. Albeit, tweaked to your own satisfaction.
    At no stage have I ever mentioned Eddy.

Some well known members are currently making enquiries in London.

Sutton has been eliminated as a possible Freemason.

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Originally posted by DJA View Post
    Are you drunk?
    Not drunk, but Ive definitely had my fill of somethings. Based on some of your posts, Id be inclined to ask you about more hallucinatory substances. Gull, Sutton, Eddy...you seemed to have joined the discussions about 2-3 decades too late, currently those kinds of speculations have no relevance. I keep reading for one...just one...piece of actual new evidence that might support anything you are saying, instead of just this fractured theorizing and reintroducing dated, erroneous concepts without any merit. Albeit, tweaked to your own satisfaction.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Are you drunk?

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Seems to me we have a story that is being forcibly created, not one that has any natural flow to it. People living beside a name connected with either surgeons, politicians or local figures isn't anything of interest to Ripper students, it certainly cant be used to create anything but a fictional storyline without any proof of any wrongdoing by anyone. Victims going to the same doctor, or the same hospital is just another factoid, its proof of nothing. And the fact that much of this new story being espoused is a strong reminder of one that has been debunked many times since its arrival, it made a half baked all fiction screenplay, but gave us no real answers to anything.

Im reminded of how vehemently people have defended a flat earth proposition, some even after we have space POV images that disprove it entirely.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

One of our early casebook contributors, Dr. Mike Villa, an Internist, was positive the murderer had been a surgeon.
    Small world,my cancer surgeon was educated at St Lukes.

Leave a comment:

• mpriestnall
    replied
    Hi DJA,

Thanks posting your puzzle. Not sure if I understand any of it right now. Will check back tomorrow to see how it's coming along.

Martyn
    Last edited by mpriestnall; 07-19-2019, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mpriestnall
    replied
    Gooday! Your'e Dan Brown and I claim my prize!

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

How could the "old sister" know this?

Martyn
    Thank you for your question Martyn.

Surmise that she read "Strange Case of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde" and like others worked out that ......

Inspector Newcomen was based on the author's cousin Major Henry Smith

Dr Jekyll on the Queen's surgeon Sir William Withey Gull (Henry G Kill ..... get it)

Mr Hyde on his protege Henry Gawen Sutton,MB not MD hence Mr not Dr

The young girl "trodden on" by Hyde was Mary Ann Kelly.

The novella was written after the Labouche Amendment and the death in June 1885 of the person on whom Sir Danvers Carew MP was based .

There are many clues in that tale which returned to London as a stage play immediately before Nichols murder.

The story commenced circa 1867/68 when Sutton lived next door to Gull.

The author had a lot of fun planting those clues,so you have fun finding them.

Report back after you find at least three and not before.

That applies to everyone else.

Give you a few clues ...... Carew refers to the Prayer Book Rebellion of 1549, have a look at a map of Soho Square,find a painting of an historical Edward Hyde.

Enjoy

PS. Gutenberg has the novella free online.
    Last edited by DJA; 07-19-2019, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mpriestnall
    replied
    Originally posted by APerno View Post

She wouldn't have, but you can see how once they (the contemporaneous populace) realized that the murders had stopped, the speculations started, and the last and most brutalized victim would be given the most attention.

The conspiracy conjectures probably started early on and it makes sense that Mary Kelly's death would be the starting point for many of them.

With an un-captured murderer, and MK her being his last victim, it seems likely she would become more important than the others. I'd bet they were spinning MK stories as early as Christmas of that year.

"Old sister" wouldn't have know, but like almost everyone else she had a story to tell she was certain was true, and the novice would certainly believe her.
    Thanks for your answer. Your suggestion makes sense that MJK's murder would be the start point for "conspiracy conjectures.". Maybe her age, murder location
    somehow played into this.

It's always intriguing to think some hearsay might have a grain of truth in it though...one (unfortunately) never knows...

Martyn

Leave a comment:

• APerno
    replied
    Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

Martyn
    She wouldn't have, but you can see how once they (the contemporaneous populace) realized that the murders had stopped, the speculations started, and the last and most brutalized victim would be given the most attention.

The conspiracy conjectures probably started early on and it makes sense that Mary Kelly's death would be the starting point for many of them.

With an un-captured murderer, and MK her being his last victim, it seems likely she would become more important than the others. I'd bet they were spinning MK stories as early as Christmas of that year.

"Old sister" wouldn't have know, but like almost everyone else she had a story to tell she was certain was true, and the novice would certainly believe her.

Leave a comment:

• mpriestnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DJA View Post
    In a BBC interview in 1973, an elderly nun at the refuge claimed that she had been a novice there in 1915 and was told by an old sister who was there in 1888 that "if it had not been for the Kelly woman, none of the murders would have happened".

Martyn

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Wouldn't worry.
    Someone would have prolly started an identical thread tomorrow or sumfin'

If Kate was that drunk,5 hours would not have sobered her up that much.

However,if she was suffering post exertion fatigue from her illness and the trek from Kent,5 hours rest would have performed wonders.

Might have just smelled heavily of grog due to sitting in a pub attempting to rest a bit and push on .... to meet Liz and BS man at Berner street

Leave a comment:

• APerno
    replied
    I had no clue I was replying to a post from four years ago. I need to learn to look at that.

Leave a comment:

• APerno
    replied
    Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
    Hello Pierre,

>>Victimology:
    Poor women often addicted to alcohol selling their bodies cheaply and/or vagabonding in Whitechapel or the City<<

Mrs Nichols might be classed as addicted to alcohol.
    If the stories about Mrs Chapman's "ginny" liver are true is might have been an acohiolic.
    Mrs Stride wasn't an alcoholic.
    Kathrine Eddowes enjoyed a drink, but I've never heard her described as addicted.
    Ditto Mary Kelly.

The the vast majority of Victorian East Enders led some kind of transient life style, "vagabonding" is a very vague definition to isolate the victims by.

>>MO (modus operandi):
    Execution in places with a high risk of fast discovery<<

I'm not sure how you are defining "fast" in this context, but otherwise, I agree.

>>Signature:
    Honour based mutilations and posing<<

I don't believe Mrs Nichols could be described as posed or, by your definition, "honour based mutilated".

Mrs Chapman didn't have facial mutilations
    Mrs Stride was not mutilated in any way and it is highly debatable that she was posed.
    Inevitable might work better than fast; I thought it was accepted that Mary Kelly had a major drinking problem. (I easily could be very wrong here.) -- You are correct in that we can't allow Kate's binge define her as an alcoholic; she had just gotten back into town and could have just over enjoyed a night out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X