Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victimology, MO, signature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Victimology, MO, signature

    Shall we try to make our short definition of the three?

    My suggestion:

    Victimology:

    Poor women often addicted to alcohol selling their bodies cheaply and/or vagabonding in Whitechapel or the City

    MO (modus operandi):

    Execution in places with a high risk of fast discovery

    Signature:

    Honour based mutilations and posing

    Regards Pierre

  • #2
    honour based?in what sense,Pierre?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by elmore 77 View Post
      honour based?in what sense,Pierre?
      You know. The old nose-cutting, ears-cutting, cutting of genitals. With the purpose of degrading the victims. That sort of thing. Was beeing done already back in the middle ages.

      Regards Pierre

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        Shall we try to make our short definition of the three?

        My suggestion:

        Victimology:

        Poor women often addicted to alcohol selling their bodies cheaply and/or vagabonding in Whitechapel or the City
        I think you are being too specific.
        He chose these targets because they could offer least resistance (women in poor conditions) and their availability (early hours in the morning).

        He switched to earlier killings, putting himself in danger, after Chapman because there were fewer women in the streets in early morning, they were scared.

        After the double event, he had to wait a while to be able to perform his atrocities, and worked indoor.
        Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello Pierre,

          >>Victimology:
          Poor women often addicted to alcohol selling their bodies cheaply and/or vagabonding in Whitechapel or the City<<

          Mrs Nichols might be classed as addicted to alcohol.
          If the stories about Mrs Chapman's "ginny" liver are true is might have been an acohiolic.
          Mrs Stride wasn't an alcoholic.
          Kathrine Eddowes enjoyed a drink, but I've never heard her described as addicted.
          Ditto Mary Kelly.

          The the vast majority of Victorian East Enders led some kind of transient life style, "vagabonding" is a very vague definition to isolate the victims by.

          >>MO (modus operandi):
          Execution in places with a high risk of fast discovery<<

          I'm not sure how you are defining "fast" in this context, but otherwise, I agree.

          >>Signature:
          Honour based mutilations and posing<<

          I don't believe Mrs Nichols could be described as posed or, by your definition, "honour based mutilated".

          Mrs Chapman didn't have facial mutilations
          Mrs Stride was not mutilated in any way and it is highly debatable that she was posed.
          dustymiller
          aka drstrange


          "Whenever an expert says something that bolsters the Lechmere theory, it is not my task to disprove him ..."
          Fisherman

          Comment


          • #6
            Victimology
            Women, extremely poor, living in doss houses and one room accommodation, in need of money.

            M.O.
            Swift blitz attacks, in the early morning hours in locales which were risky, and at weeks end and public holidays.

            Signature.
            Overpowered, smothered, throat slashed in all. There was posing except in the case of Liz Stride. I don't know what you mean by 'honour-based mutilations'. The killer certainly mutilated the abdomens of his victims except in Stride's case, and there were facial mutilations in his last two victims but we don't know his motivations for so doing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Unsinn!

              Hello Dusty. yes, Yes, YES!!

              Sometimes I am near despair listening to rot about posing and victimology.

              What nonsense!

              Cheers.
              LC

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                Hello Dusty. yes, Yes, YES!!

                Sometimes I am near despair listening to rot about posing and victimology.

                What nonsense!

                Cheers.
                LC
                Hello Lynn

                For once we are in complete agreement!

                Gwyneth

                Comment


                • #9
                  The only posing is done by those who think the victims were posed.

                  Mike
                  huh?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My 2 cents:
                    Victimology
                    Easy targets, i.e. any woman who offered herself to him when he was looking for a victim.

                    M.O.
                    Blitz attacks that rendered his victims senseless or unconscious, cutting the throat in such a way that he wouldn’t get much blood on him and getting them on their backs to facilitate the abdominal mutilations.

                    Signature
                    Mutilation of female parts of the body with a knife.

                    All the best,
                    Frank
                    "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                    Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      Sometimes I am near despair listening to rot about posing and victimology.
                      Then don't listen, Lynn.
                      "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                      Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Dusty. yes, Yes, YES!!

                        Sometimes I am near despair listening to rot about posing and victimology.

                        What nonsense!

                        Cheers.
                        LC
                        Well, every serial killer has victimology. It just sometimes isn't terribly specific, or the pattern cannot be discerned outside the killer's scrambled noggin.

                        And I think they were posed in a sense, in that he did not mutilate them as they fell. He arranged the body so he could do what he wanted. Not with an audience in mind, but for his own purposes. That's still posing, just not for shock value.
                        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
                          I think you are being too specific.
                          He chose these targets because they could offer least resistance (women in poor conditions) and their availability (early hours in the morning).

                          He switched to earlier killings, putting himself in danger, after Chapman because there were fewer women in the streets in early morning, they were scared.

                          After the double event, he had to wait a while to be able to perform his atrocities, and worked indoor.
                          Hi,

                          but all of the victims of the dismemberment murder weren´t in "poor condition".

                          And we don´t know the time of those murders either.

                          And I believe that after the double event he waited for Lord Mayor´s Show.

                          Regards Pierre
                          Last edited by Pierre; 11-04-2015, 12:56 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Except for Liz Stride all the C-5 were discovered on their backs, on the ground, (bed), with legs apart or akimbo as if ready for sexual intercourse, while Nichols and Chapman had their clothing rucked up above their knees. Whether you call it posing or not, the killer certainly left them to be found in that position.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                              Except for Liz Stride all the C-5 were discovered on their backs, on the ground, (bed), with legs apart or akimbo as if ready for sexual intercourse, while Nichols and Chapman had their clothing rucked up above their knees. Whether you call it posing or not, the killer certainly left them to be found in that position.
                              While true, it doesn't necessarily mean it was deliberate, especially considering the speed of the attacks and mutilations. After what the murderer had already done postmortem, wouldn't it actually be stranger if he left the victims in a more "modest" state?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X