Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Baron
    replied
    That makes me feel, maybe Bury is not the right man, because, if he hates Prostitutes that much, why to marry one of them at first place.

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

your welcome. now you seem to have something in mind so whats your take on it then? what was his motivation?

Actually Abby I realy don't have something specific in mind, but if I have to put it somehow:

Great hatred of Prostitutes.

The way he killed them, mutilated them and show them.

Buy the way, eating the Kidney, you can interpret it as Cannibalism, which is possible of course, but there is another more appropriate meaning to it in this case,

hatred!

In history, I've read about something similar, when someone hates someone else very much, and managed to kill him, he may eat his liver or Kidney to satisfy his hatred and deep rancour, hence the From Hell letter.

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Thank you Abby.

The Baron
    your welcome. now you seem to have something in mind so whats your take on it then? what was his motivation?

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied

why females?
    i dont know..

Thank you Abby.

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

The "silly simplification" you are speaking about is sometimes described as piquerism. And I believe it was Robert Keppel who said that the Ripper was an example of piquerism.

Silly man. What did he know?

By the way, to focus "on one single suspect" is of no use unless it can be proven that this single susect had a flair for cutting up women, is it? So that´s another of your points thrown out of the window.

Who´s silly now?

Why don't you let him answer for himself Fish

You couldn't resist the need to assist him

You want to be his guardian

You are so afraid

And if it bleeds...

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied

That is not an answer to the real motive Abby.

Tell me why the female body

Why cutting up women

Don't buy from those who want to push their fantasies and agendas by any cost. They want you to believe these silly simplifications while they are behind the words focusing on one single suspect.

The Baron
    why females?
    i dont know.. maybe because he wasnt gay? serial killers usually if not always go after their sexual preference.

theres many motivations for different serial killers, and the rippers seems to be he derived pleasure from cutting up the female body.

i could delve deeper, but then thats even more speculation, although I do think curiosity also played a part.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied

Why cutting up women

Don't buy from those who want to push their fantasies and agendas by any cost. They want you to believe these silly simplifications while they are behind the words focusing on one single suspect.

The Baron
    The "silly simplification" you are speaking about is sometimes described as piquerism. And I believe it was Robert Keppel who said that the Ripper was an example of piquerism.

Silly man. What did he know?

By the way, to focus "on one single suspect" is of no use unless it can be proven that this single susect had a flair for cutting up women, is it? So that´s another of your points thrown out of the window.

Who´s silly now?

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    imho the rippers main motivation was what his knife could do to the female body--he simply liked cutting up women.
    secondary motivation was shocking the public.

no torture, no overt sexual abuse. all post mortem.

Why cutting up women

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• c.d.
    replied
    Originally posted by harry View Post
    How did the killer know the victims were prostitutes?We have suspicions because of the amount of information now available.How much information did he have,especially of Stride and Eddowes,when the aquaintance appears to be of a short duration.
    If prostitutes' livelihood depended on them being noticed by men, I am sure they figured out a way to make their availability known.

c.d.

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    No, actually.
    I dismiss the GSG, nothing to do with the murders.
    I do recall your suspect is a Jew whereas the man I am talking about was an Englishman, at least according to John Best.
    I've flirted with a few suspects, and I think there's an argument to be made for a Jewish one.
    Nowadays, I don't really have a horse in the race.
    If you put a gun to my head, I'd plump for William Bury, simply for the law of averages.
    However, I think the Ripper/Thames Torso link is an interesting theory that demands further research.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Because of the GSG?
    No, actually.
    I dismiss the GSG, nothing to do with the murders.
    I do recall your suspect is a Jew whereas the man I am talking about was an Englishman, at least according to John Best.

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied
    Supposing the killer was the one who made the approach.There were other inducements besides sex that could be offered.

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    3) is out in my view because, he simply wasn't a Jew.
    Because of the GSG?

Leave a comment:

• erobitha
    replied
    Originally posted by harry View Post
    How did the killer know the victims were prostitutes?We have suspicions because of the amount of information now available.How much information did he have,especially of Stride and Eddowes,when the aquaintance appears to be of a short duration.
    My guess is he was propositioned before he acted. Most eye witness reports claim a man was seen talking to most of the victims (aside from Polly) just prior to their murders. That’s how he knew. He let all the victims pick their preferred spot to transact - this would have given them a false sense of security but also hugely high risk from his perspective. Only Kelly offered him full privacy and he exploited that to the fullest.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by erobitha View Post
    Finally a proper good Ripper question.

I have a preferred suspect which is known on these boards but let’s park that for one minute and talk about motive. Why would someone do this?

VICTIMOLOGY
    All canonical five victims were prostitutes. 4 of which murdered in the open of which one actually in broad daylight (Chapman) and one in her own lodgings. It's not unreasonable to assume he was specifically targeting this class of women so he must have had a reason.
    I'm inclined to think he only choose prostitutes because they were easy prey.
    Any regular female would not approach him, they would not consent to be in a strangers company any length of time, they would not take him to a spot almost guaranteed to offer 5-10 minutes of privacy.
    The prostitute will do all three, so they become the path of least resistance.

I agree with all the other points you raise, except the final three reason's that you list.

1) A whore did him wrong somehow and this is payback. They were fair game and they disgusted him.
    2) Alternatively this could be the work of a religious maniac who saw prostitutes as the embodiment of satan himself and felt they were doing some kind of "gods work"
    3) Just a crazy jew who lost the plot [for Kosminski believers]

My bet is 1 is the most likely but we can't rule out 2. I'm sure we can rule out 3.
    I just don't like 2), besides its too dramatic, and been overplayed in books & movies.
    3) is out in my view because, he simply wasn't a Jew.
    The character who is my Person of Interest had something wrong with his eyes, according to witnesses. One described 'no eyelashes', there are several reason's for this malady, but one cause is syphilis, but who knows.....

Just to add a footnote.
    I suspect he had some ability with the garotte, as this, I believe, is what he used. The reason he ran the knife around the neck, was not mere mutilation, but to destroy the mark left by the cord.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X