X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Originally posted by miakaal4 View Post
    Could Israel be fabricated? Made up? If so , why??
    We know that an Israel Schwartz connection to the club does come up in later history, so Israel as a fabrication is unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• erobitha
    replied
    It could be a terrible mistake to assume the killer was an idiot, or a half hysterical lunatic. If we assume he has average intelligence then wouldn't he plan somewhat before the crime? Decide on an area to use, possible bolt holes or escape routes. Would he not wear clothes that would either blend in or put him beyond bobby on the beat suspicion? If I were him, I would dress and look completely different every time. So witness statements look confused. I think he was a clever bastard. Probably very clever. That's why he ain't been buckled.
    Maybe even having a hat and coat selection to alternate his clothing? If I was an organised serial killer I'd be content that would be enough to put the police off. A deranged butcher walking around with a bloody apron might be a little obvious to these street smart women. But then we are told he was disoragnised by FBI profilers because he killed most of his victims on the street with high risk of being caught. Or he trusted the prostitutes themselves would know where would be discreet and let them lead the way, giving them that extra level of trust.

Leave a comment:

• miakaal4
    replied
    It could be a terrible mistake to assume the killer was an idiot, or a half hysterical lunatic. If we assume he has average intelligence then wouldn't he plan somewhat before the crime? Decide on an area to use, possible bolt holes or escape routes. Would he not wear clothes that would either blend in or put him beyond bobby on the beat suspicion? If I were him, I would dress and look completely different every time. So witness statements look confused. I think he was a clever bastard. Probably very clever. That's why he ain't been buckled.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    "With a view of testing the accuracy and honesty of Packer's testimony, the detectives obtained an order to view the body of the woman murdered in Mitre square, and took Packer to see it, leaving him under the impression that they were taking him to see the Berner street victim. On seeing the body he at once declared that it was not the woman for whom the grapes had been bought, and not a bit like her....
    "This afternoon Matthew Packer, the fruiterer, of 44 Berner street, referred to in the above narrative, visited the mortuary of St. George's in the East, and identified the body of Elizabeth Stride as that of the woman for whom the grapes were purchased on the night of the murder"
    Yes, I think Scott is meaning Packer, but whether the two detectives really tried to trick him, as if he wouldn't know the difference between the St. George Mortuary and Golden Lane in the City, is possibly open to debate.

Leave a comment:

• drstrange169
    replied
    The problem is, we only have Le Grand's word that he did this. How far should we trust Le Grand's word?

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Rogan
    replied
    "With a view of testing the accuracy and honesty of Packer's testimony, the detectives obtained an order to view the body of the woman murdered in Mitre square, and took Packer to see it, leaving him under the impression that they were taking him to see the Berner street victim. On seeing the body he at once declared that it was not the woman for whom the grapes had been bought, and not a bit like her....
    "This afternoon Matthew Packer, the fruiterer, of 44 Berner street, referred to in the above narrative, visited the mortuary of St. George's in the East, and identified the body of Elizabeth Stride as that of the woman for whom the grapes were purchased on the night of the murder"

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

I thought one of the witnesses from that night did view the bodies of Stride and Eddowes. I can't remember which.
    interesting. ive never heard if this before. wonder why a witness would be taken to see both. would be interesting to know who it was, and why.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

You didn't provide a source for that fictitious exchange.
    Schwartz was not shown two different corpse's.
    I thought one of the witnesses from that night did view the bodies of Stride and Eddowes. I can't remember which.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    I like drinking beer so I drank some last night. Didn't really need any other reason.

c.d.
    bingo cd. and so did i btw and some bourbon

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Interesting topic, motivation. Tells us lots if we can find truth. I know many sneer at the thought of the Free Mason involvement, so leaving that aside, has anyone got any ideas about what JtR was trying to do or say when it comes to the mutilations? I mean with Nichols it's possible to argue it was a mindless frenzy. But as we move up to Kelly there seems to be a definite increase in knife work and a motivation behind it. Why take the uterus? Why were Kelly's organs and body parts placed in the shape of a cross, or at compass points?
    lol. i do beleive thats a loaded question. but his motivation was probably the same as other serial killers. he enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• c.d.
    replied
    I like drinking beer so I drank some last night. Didn't really need any other reason.

c.d.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post
    Same as for Matthew Packer.

After viewing both, Schwartz successfully identified the first as the woman he had seen on Berner St.

"To be honest, we doubts as to the truthfulness of your story, but you've successfully identified the woman found dead on Berner street last night", said the attending police constable.
    "I was not codding, dear bobby", replied a sardonic Israel Schwartz, with rolling eyes.
    "I remember her well", he continued, "she's the one that squealed a bit".
    You didn't provide a source for that fictitious exchange.
    Schwartz was not shown two different corpse's.

Leave a comment:

• NotBlamedForNothing
    replied
    Same as for Matthew Packer.

After viewing both, Schwartz successfully identified the first as the woman he had seen on Berner St.

"To be honest, we doubts as to the truthfulness of your story, but you've successfully identified the woman found dead on Berner street last night", said the attending police constable.
    "I was not codding, dear bobby", replied a sardonic Israel Schwartz, with rolling eyes.
    "I remember her well", he continued, "she's the one that squealed a bit".

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post
    A plausible scenario, but one that must include this...

CI Swanson: Upon being taken to the mortuary Schwartz identified the body as that of the woman he had seen...
    How many bodies do you think were in the mortuary?

Leave a comment:

• miakaal4
    replied
    Interesting topic, motivation. Tells us lots if we can find truth. I know many sneer at the thought of the Free Mason involvement, so leaving that aside, has anyone got any ideas about what JtR was trying to do or say when it comes to the mutilations? I mean with Nichols it's possible to argue it was a mindless frenzy. But as we move up to Kelly there seems to be a definite increase in knife work and a motivation behind it. Why take the uterus? Why were Kelly's organs and body parts placed in the shape of a cross, or at compass points?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X